Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Paracelsus posted:

For another example of well-done heavy-hitting end-of-the-heroes'-journey stories, you might also try Yuusha Goikkou no Kaerimichi, a one-shot that's also one of the highest-rated manga on mangadex.

It puts the thinnest of veils over what the "twist" is going to be, but the conclusion still hits like a truck.

Oh god I cried at this one even though I figured out what was happening almost inmediately. It was the knight's kids that slayed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Demons as depicted so far are basically just humanoid cats, change my mind

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

If demons don't even know about basic familial relations, they've probably got some nonstandard form of reproduction. Think of like, orcs in the Lord of the Rings being mined out of a spawning pit

Gives me vibes of sci fi killer robots, actually

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

tsob posted:

I think "this room is spotless, and speaks to a dedication to honoring your son's memory" requires more than a madlib, and would require some degree of understanding of the behavior that underpins it. Not that that necessarily indicates anything, since it could be the mangaka inserting something for convenience without realizing the implication really.

Look, if he tried to explain what a father was, he'd have to explain the disgusting act of human reproduction

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

They're going to run away, passing by a chest, and when they turn around to see if she's still pursuing all they see is two feet sticking out of a mimic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

This might be exactly what you're talking about, but stuff like this generally just stems just Japanese literally having the same word for planet and star. I'm actually not sure why localizers sometimes don't change it to whichever is actually accurate (like with FF14), since it often leads to comfusion.

It's something that you'd have to ask for clarification on and I guess many times they don't bother