Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
chapter 44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Deedlit In Wonder Labyrinth is a lovely game
https://i.imgur.com/dxc2DFB.mp4
Any idea which direction this reference goes?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
nah it's only good on dead targets, the real catch is that you only get the bones so it's not good for anything outside of halloween

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
someone making a joke on my internet comedy web forum? well I never

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
or the demons have some recon on the official status of first-class mages entering their territory

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
I want Macht to survive and find his coexistence :3:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
that's almost as well animated as this manga

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
At this rate I'd prefer the author take off for 6 or 12 months straight so they could come back prepared for regular releases :sigh:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Paracelsus posted:

Have the mimics be animated at triple the frame rate of everything else.

Cut these scenes to real life actors who ham it up to the max.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Are mimics demons?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Chapter 104
Frieren's reward is to purchase a ton of stuff that hasn't been available in decades :swoon: Hope some of those grimoires are more "useless" every day magic.

Taking another several week break, just go monthly or something.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
This was a really good chapter coming off that long arc, nice and self contained with a little bit of world building and solid humor.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:(

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

chiasaur11 posted:

I have a theory as to the entomology here, but it's not researched enough to be worth discussing.

what's it got to do with insects, share your thesis

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
The next side story is up, this one's about Himmel and Heiter's childhood: https://mangadex.org/chapter/434061f3-94ed-4fc3-9be6-792b5d884846/1

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
I want the mimic plush...

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
How has it taken so long to encounter a spell to ward off cold in an entire region dominated by winter?

And "Frieren will be taking a short break" again :(

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
she's got a "donate to library" spell, somewhere in the world is an entire wing dedicated to her collection

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
The first half of this chapter feels very out of place, like it was shoehorned in to capitalize on the anime. Glad to see some characters coming back though, and this is an interesting setup for the next big arc.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

compared to Denken, Ubel aint really received undue attention. hell, she's received less attention in the anime compared to denken. recurring characters from the 1st class exam are already a well-established thing at this point

hell, whatshisname first test proctor versus sword demon already got well more coverage than his introductory role would suggest on its own

it's a weekly shounen manga, characters are going to show up multiple times, especially the ones that got more introduction than just "here because gotta have someone" like mustache dude. ubel showing up again was telegraphed way back when Kraft punched out those rando bandits

It's not what happened (which was cool and funny) but how and when it is told. The chapter doesn't even open with the usual "X years after the Hero's passing" until the middle when it changes to the main crew. It feels very out of place and like it should have been a bonus chapter or a flashback, I thought I had skipped a chapter somehow because it was so abrupt. It's even explained to the audience who those missing characters are as if we don't already know.

RuBisCO posted:

The anime fleshed out Laufen as this martial arts close combat mage which was really cool, especially because they probably based it entirely on her design having Chun-Li buns and a qipao-equse outfit, and your comment made me think if that becomes kinda incongruous in light of this chapter lol

The author took a bunch of breaks to help with anime production so I'd hope anything expanded upon got approved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
"Frieren, Fern, Stark, Kanne and Lawine, Aura."

Couple of strange choices there. Why no story about mimics?