Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I'm glad you made this thread. I was thinking of doing it myself.

The first few chapters of this are excellent, especially now that they have decent translations. I hope it can maintain the pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
https://mangadex.org/chapter/935361/1

BUY A HORSE

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Only Trust Your Fists

The Mage Guild Will Never Help You

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That apple probably weighs like ten pounds

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
A new adventure begins...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That's one heck of a swerve :stare:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, that was kind of lousy. "journeying to understand humans"? since when?

Since Chapter 1.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
this bad boy can fit so many grimoires in it

Hey wait she shouldn't be able to fly out of the big one at this point, should she?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
New chapter

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The anime starts tomorrow and needs a thread so I made a quick one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042890

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I love the Eisencrater.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Coaaab posted:

manga don't really end the moment you start to lose interest in the series, they usually end 1) long before the story had a chance to spread its wings & you were ready to let go or 2) long after you've lost interest in the series

I think they were just talking about the current arc.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I am going to need a diagram by the time this arc is over.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mordja posted:

Someone remind me: what comes first, the exam arc or the priest one?

If you mean Sein, he arrives and leaves prior to the first level exams.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mordja posted:

Always thought that whole thing was kinda weird tbh, like the author wanted to introduce a new, permanent party member and then decided otherwise.

I imagine the author just left some hooks for later arcs. I very much expect we'll see Sein at some point again. Maybe the winter cabin elf monk too.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Fellis posted:

E: you think they are they all in the same illusion or is this just himmel’s, and heiter is in a pub somewhere knocking back pints while frieren is perusing a library of the most niche daily quality of life magic

A fun thing might be if Frieren's dream is pretty much the same as Heiter's, because demon dream magic knows her better than she knows herself.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Somebody does. There were a lot of dead mages in round 1, though we don’t see who did what.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

Honestly it's probably a testament to how good this series is that the horny vote barely makes top 10.

What about #2?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
the Hero of the South is pretty cool, except for his mustache

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Don't Bully Me, Miss Ubel

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I'm glad they're kind of filling in the lore here and making the world make sense. Way back from the Aura arc I wondered why any party needed warriors anyway. It seemed like two Frierens, two Ferns, and a Heiter would've been able to take down anything.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Okay, there's a lot going on here, but never in a million years would I have expected cat ears Frieren and Fern

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nice. Hmm, might be time for a new av soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Chapter 128