Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That's why the Expanse is fun. It's all relativistic physics except when it comes to the big bad alien thing.

On looking at a massive Martian battleship. "One of those things can kill a planet"
the best character: "Any ship can kill a planet. Just drop anvils from orbit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

General Battuta posted:

TLJ is completely consistent with all of this. The hyperspace ramming isn't even hard to explain away with some :techno:. I did a Star Wars story for a charity anthology recently and thought about dropping in an explanation but couldn't really find the wordcount. Plus it's dumb when the EU fixes stuff that doesn't need fixing!

Like most of the Expanse, a quote that's superficially realistic but missing a few critical details.

Yup. For thread content, the Epstein drive. Just realistic enough to be feasible, but with absolutely no idea on how the drat thing actually works.