Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm the Mass Effect Citadel, the product of an incredibly old and technologically advanced race

They knew how to build Mass Relays, but faster-than-walking-pace elevators eluded them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Some Goon posted:

The vaults citadel was never designed to save anyone.

That's the answer! The elevators are so slow because (12 year old ME spoilers I guess) the Reapers hoped people would be trapped in them when they returned!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Depends on whether the police negotiator threw in the Blaupunkt

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why does it seem like every other empire in Trek has gigantic gently caress off ships compared to the Federation?

Because the Federation saves tons of space by not installing circuit breakers on electronics

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm the main deflector dish on the starship Enterprise NCC1701-D. I can be configured to emit any sort of beam or energy known to science, or for that matter just dreamed up by the incel savants running Engineering

Except I can't actually project a shield that can sustain more than three hits from any equivalent-tech weapons. But inverse graviton pulses? All day long, baby!