Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
When I think of garbage tech, I go to the source...

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If nautical passenger carrying is anything to go by, there will be some combination of both. You want social media influencers showing off how wonderful it is to travel in space, plus all these neat science things that make second-class more livable if your audience can't afford the tippy top first class accommodations. Basically you want pre-launch Titanic hype, not Fyre Fest in medias res.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Eh, while I chortle at the thought of an elaborate theatre to trick customers, I think the headache of keeping a literal conspiracy/con under wraps with so many moving parts would outweigh the benefits of a few hundred more sales.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

Enemy Unknown was kind of part of a renaissance of mechanically-driven games with much more barebones stories and emergent gameplay like the original XCOM games. And in some ways XCOM2 still didn't have the same complexity and emergent systems as its spiritual predecessor X-COM Apocalypse

We talking about the one in 50's?