Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Curiousity
D
Armitage Ambergris
J
Non-binary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D
F
K Gold, beautiful glittering gold!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

CE

malbogio fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 30, 2020

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

D

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A. Try to lock eyes with the enemy ship's officers and draw their minds into the abyss to break the chain of command and/or their will so that they surrender with less bloodshed.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A
C
G

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A
C

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AB

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

E

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B. I think we can get better returns from investing the lump sum ourselves than from the annuity.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A. Budget 1400 silver. Priorities: Light armor > a sword > navigation equipment.
E!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A. I wouldn't mind the assistance. Maybe we can subvert the expedition or rob the archeologists later.

Ask her to point out practical books on Ancient Anthenia and have a scribe make copies. A book or two on the language would be great. Maybe we should learn more about their architecture, religion, culture etc. Can she give us an idea of what sorts of defenses the tomb might have? Traps? Locks? Magic safeguards?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B!

The rumor is that inquisitors can detect magic and from the way they honed in on us it seems true. If they can then there's no way we're talking our way out of this.

Directly attacking the inquisitors with abyssal magic might work. But if we confirm our abilities in a dramatic fashion I'm worried we'll have dozens more inquisitors sent to hunt us down.

My preference here is to flee without confirming the full extent of our abilities.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A. Begin training Storm Magic. You've already completed all the foundation work. (1 ATU, +1 Mood) Inspiration
D. Study the Ancient Anthenian language and culture (2 ATU, +1 Mood) Mega Inspiration
F. Combat and command training with the captain (2 ATU, -1 Mood, -1 Favor)
J. Befriend Captain Theodore (1 ATU, +1 Favor)
L. Befriend Two-Eyed Prim the quartermaster (1 ATU, +1 Favor)
M. Befriend Adul the gunnery master (1 ATU, +1 Favor)
N. Befriend Makohanna the cook (1 ATU, +1 Favor)
O. Relax and recover from your wounds (1 ATU, +2 Mood, +1 Body, repeatable)

Q. Convince the pirates to sail to Southern Habash (5 Favor)

Storm Magic is low hanging fruit.
Ancient Anthenian seems mission critical for delving Ancient Anthenian ruins.
Combat training through the Captain seems far less costly than through Betty.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 11, 2020

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B. The storm mages died because they were too slow.
J. The drake armor is stronger than steel, reinforced with silksteel, alchemically-treated against various elemental threats, and the nicest thing we own. No clue what it’ll do but the standard implements are all obvious enough that we’d need to worry about hiding them all the time. Binding our soul to a sword sounds a bit too violent. Binding our soul to a ship full of people sounds like it’d feel weird.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B

Exploring ancient ruins and stealing their treasures sounds pretty good to me. I'm tempted to vote for the magic, but we've already got a broad range of promising skills to work on.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Donatello
B. Impressed
I. No share
L. Organize an expedition
N. Love of magic

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BCDEH -3 Mood
JKLMNO

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

I’m glad we enlisted the quartermaster.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

I’d guess whatever addled the hunters is small enough that they didn’t see it coming. Spores or insects. Hopefully the marines can extract them before being affected.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A. The guide is our responsibility. If we treat one hireling as disposable how can we expect the loyalty of the rest?
D. I want the practice.
I. Adul seems like an explorer. I bet he has some good stories.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

B! We're very well equipped for melee combat. Taking the lead lets us show off. I'm hopeful that if we give it our all we can end the fight against such a dangerous foe decisively before it inflicts casualties and before its hide is ruined.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I'd like to emphasize that this seems like a good time to spend Mood to maximize our roll by voting with an exclamation mark. Losing a fight against a drake sounds both harmful and costly.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C
E
HGJK