Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Toughy posted:

B
F
L- Knowledge

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
A Get a handle on some well-understood fundamentals first. The tome is the real prize though.
F Ah yes, Gentlemen Explorer.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 30, 2020

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
What does the tattooed man do?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
A We did say we were useful.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
B We should try this later, when we aren't weak.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
B Entirely because there is so much choice and Abs is important to us.
F Knowledge!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
A

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
:stare: Quick someone give me something better to think of when something like this happens. All I got was Rolling in the Deep.

That's a lot of exploding dice.

C

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Oh god malbogio if we are rolling swiftness for sneaking I'm pretty sure it's a d4.

quote:

2. C - We've recently developed Mind Control powers. We have a lot of money on us. We're also noble born and good at bossing people around. One of these techniques should get us the access we want.

Our mind control powers are presently not something we can actually call upon. That was a loving amazing set of rolls and that got a similarly amazing effect. Would somewhat diminish things if we could repeat it so easily.

I'm also not sure we actually need armor. We get health back when we hurt things.

Are we actually any good at using weapons?

2. C

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

malbogio posted:

B!

The rumor is that inquisitors can detect magic and from the way they honed in on us it seems true. If they can then there's no way we're talking our way out of this.

Directly attacking the inquisitors with abyssal magic might work. But if we confirm our abilities in a dramatic fashion I'm worried we'll have dozens more inquisitors sent to hunt us down.

My preference here is to flee without confirming the full extent of our abilities.

Yeah this seems like the most prudent course of action. Take advantage of our perception roll instead of just going along with an obvious ambush or showing our hand.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Inspiration and mega inspiration are resources, right? Do we use them up by using them in the time skip? If so how do we replenish them?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
A. Begin training Storm Magic. You've already completed all the foundation work. (1 ATU, +1 Mood)
B!!!. Continue training Abyssal Magic until you reach another bottleneck (3 ATU, +1 Mood)
D!. Study the Ancient Anthenian language and culture (2 ATU, +1 Mood)
F. Combat and command training with the captain (2 ATU, -1 Mood, -1 Favor)
J. Befriend Captain Theodore (1 ATU, +1 Favor)
O. Relax and recover from your wounds (1 ATU, +2 Mood, +1 Body, repeatable)

I'm interested in biding our time a little more before we go exploring. Abyssal and Anthenian seem central to our quest, and I want more thralls. Storm magic is a logical addition for a pirate and an easy source of mood. Not being poo poo at combat will help us stay alive, and befriending the captain will keep it favor neutral. We also need to recover some of our health, so O fills out the last ATU.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Bob Tuskins posted:

2, it can’t hurt to be more popular

2 :hmmyes:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1. D Riding the lightning sounds badass.

Oh my god sharing a soul with the ship sounds like it would be both an extremely bad idea and very cool.

Ask "What happens if I lose my implement or it gets destroyed?"

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Do we have an idea of what Language of the Stars would do? Something that interacts with the lay lines?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Yeah. Language of the Stars is the legendary magic of Ancient Anthenia. There are a lot of stories about their capabilities and not all may be true. Some form of teleportation according to your monk friend and the manipulation of hard light. They're most famous for foretelling the future, though just as famously could not foretell the doom of their civilization by their own magic, or perhaps they saw it but could do nothing to stop it? Stories differ but they often dwell on the irony. Themes you're aware of are Light, Space, Stars, and Prophecy.

Always be learning more magic.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1. Beaky
2. B - Impressed
3. I - No share
4. L - Organize an expedition
5. P - Hating the Inquisition

What kind of ways could we go about making use of an anti-Inquisition Inspiration?

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 21, 2020

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
A I suppose. Hopefully not knowing poo poo about Adul isn't going to bite us in the rear end!

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 29, 2020

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I feel like trying to scare them will be bad for morale. Is magic even limited?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Is there any visible injury on the collapsed hunter? Is shouting hunter shouting at anything?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
A

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

malbogio posted:

A. The guide is our responsibility. If we treat one hireling as disposable how can we expect the loyalty of the rest?
D. I want the practice.
I. Adul seems like an explorer. I bet he has some good stories.

This. Though I want to do D! instead. That sounds like a costly check to fail.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Inquire how far the local's claim extends in the direction we intend to travel. In other words, ask if they claim the site we are headed for without tipping our hand about why we are out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
C

E

G!
H!
K
J
I