Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
death 2 america? hero edition
skateboard overturned car guy
gas can hockey stick guy
naked Athena
riot ribs
say! what a lot of moms there are
View Results

overmind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't see anyone getting hit on camera but they're magdumping

https://twitter.com/moderkives/status/1388691140405256192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

elise the great posted:

Also any revolution whose primary collateral damage is in Black bodies isn’t worth loving having

Well that sucks for any African countries.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

So if i'm tracking this right, she said "gently caress the police" and then drove drunk and happened to plow down a cop on accident?

drat really starting to reconsider my stance on drunk driving here

breadnsucc
Jun 1, 2020

Wall Of Rads

unless we actually change things we're all just collateral damage in the end really

MY INEVITABLE DEBT
Apr 21, 2011

just one more spin

elise the great posted:

Also any revolution whose primary collateral damage is in Black bodies isn’t worth loving having

i didnt know we were able to choose targets for the oppressors

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

MY INEVITABLE DEBT posted:

i didnt know we were able to choose targets for the oppressors

I think it's more the fact that, regardless of the actions of people like Reinhold or van Spronsen, the ultimate recipients of state reprisals and violence will be lots of black folks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

Official Forums Path of Exile Expert

Thump! posted:

I think it's more the fact that, regardless of the actions of people like Reinhold or van Spronsen, the ultimate recipients of state reprisals and violence will be lots of black folks.

i think the state is going to be doing violence to black folk on a continuous basis until it is ended, regardless of anyone's actions

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

kkk murders more black people after retaliation

i, an intellectual: okay lets cut off anyone white or violent from the movement and be more peaceful, because the only way things have changed historically is to hold hands, significantly diminish our numbers, vote, and hope the murderers take pity

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

FEDS FEAR ME

everyone is saying the same thing

its gonna have to get worse before it gets better, and it always gets worse for black folks first

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Posts from the end of the world

Dinosaur Gum

elise the great posted:

drat I hope the next time there’s a new revolution it doesn’t take place in an indefensible open park full of homeless people, a spot chosen specifically because the cops left it on their own during a tantrum, without any infrastructure that doesn’t turn out to be a literal cop op lmao

Honestly the lesson I learned from CHAZ/CHOP is that if you take over a police station you either turn it into your base or you burn it to the loving ground. I prefer the latter at this point, as the message is clearer.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Rutibex posted:

i think the state is going to be doing violence to black folk on a continuous basis until it is ended, regardless of anyone's actions

No one would disagree with you?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

Life's too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
Life's too short not
To love everybody
Life is too long to hate

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

drat really starting to reconsider my stance on drunk driving here

drunk driving may kill a lot of people, but some of the people it kills are cops, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

everyone is saying the same thing

its gonna have to get worse before it gets better, and it always gets worse for black folks first

yeah, but elise has the right idea about getting mad at armchair inactivists whatabouting human suffering

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lux Animus posted:

Honestly the lesson I learned from CHAZ/CHOP is that if you take over a police station you either turn it into your base or you burn it to the loving ground. I prefer the latter at this point, as the message is clearer.

i mean, burning down a police station is a good thing, but it's a distinctly different thing than what CHOP was going for. if you burn down a police station, you then get the gently caress out of there, you don't squat in the ashes trying to grow community gardens and organize mutual aid. also the reason they didn't burn down the precinct in CHOP is that it was built into a block with a bunch of collateral damage in it and, as we saw, the cops had full access to it the whole time. it was a trap the people didn't fall into.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Lux Animus posted:

Burning it wasn't an option. It was connected to places where people live. If it burned then you would have harmed innocent people because the fire would have spread to the connected apartments.

silentsnack posted:

yeah, but elise has the right idea about getting mad at armchair inactivists whatabouting human suffering

As a former activist I have never been so taxed or stressed out or lost so much sleep as when I was trying to warn people about covid in February of last year until uh...June at least? Maybe longer. And that was without the cops trying to murder me. I was doing twenty hour days for weeks at a time.

Activism is extremely taxing and potentially lethal if you pick certain causes. My sanity was shredded for months and I still have PTSD from it and that was just from warning people about the coming plague because I could never warn enough people.

Ice Phisherman has issued a correction as of 20:27 on May 2, 2021

elise the great
May 1, 2012

BIONIC BUTTSLOUGH

Also if you find yourself working closely with the people who are doing the killing and harming of oppressed people, you’re not on the right side. “Police and govt are going to continue to hurt Black people as we push this work forward” is a tragic reality. “We are probably gonna shoot a few Black kids while defending this open baseball diamond that the police vacated” is maybe an indicator that your revolution is hosed in the head and infested with cops.

For every act of physical violence that advances the cause, there is a week’s worth of unglamorous labor that needs to be done behind the scenes. And in every revolutionary circle I’ve been adjacent to, the predominant expectation is that the women will do it. Everyone wants a plate carrier and nobody will loving carry plates to the sink.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it was a trap the people didn't fall into.

Agreed - I remember how there was all sorts of paranoia about why the police had abandoned the precinct, what records the police had ordered picked up in the middle of the night in that shredder van, whether the security systems were still in place in the precinct, up to and including booby traps and federal sentences for anyone seen entering, etc.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006

elise the great posted:

Also if you find yourself working closely with the people who are doing the killing and harming of oppressed people, you’re not on the right side. “Police and govt are going to continue to hurt Black people as we push this work forward” is a tragic reality. “We are probably gonna shoot a few Black kids while defending this open baseball diamond that the police vacated” is maybe an indicator that your revolution is hosed in the head and infested with cops.

For every act of physical violence that advances the cause, there is a week’s worth of unglamorous labor that needs to be done behind the scenes. And in every revolutionary circle I’ve been adjacent to, the predominant expectation is that the women will do it. Everyone wants a plate carrier and nobody will loving carry plates to the sink.

well you see, i'm more of an ideas guy...

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

elise the great posted:

100%. Echoing this a hundred-thousand times.

Support work isn't glamorous but it's extremely necessary and good and cool. Some people want to imagine themselves on the barricades fighting the gendarmes. They don't want to imagine themselves cooking food or scrounging water to keep the fighters on the barricades. A lot of people want a position of glory even though the cooks still get shot at. And for every one person fighting they need a serious support network to make it possible. No one is self-sufficient.

And sadly it's also true that a lot of the rear echelon work is considered women's work because even on the left a lot of women are considered weak or better suited to support roles. Even though history has proved over and over again that women fight just as hard as men when revolutionary action takes place.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

CHAZOP is a great name.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

elise the great posted:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

miniscule12 posted:

CHAZOP is a great name.

it is the noise a karate robot makes when deploying the secret electrical attack

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Chard posted:

it is the noise a karate robot makes when deploying the secret electrical attack

Well now that just sounds like the police tazing someone.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

elise the great posted:

Everyone wants a plate carrier and nobody will loving carry plates to the sink.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

elise the great posted:

listen this is an equal division of labor, as Marx spoke of. I do the labor of saying 'we should encourage people to unionize so they can get autonomy even while we fight for political gains' and now you do all the organizing for meetings and scheduling and stuff like that. It's just a fair split, you're sounding like a wrecker now

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

WHY BE A FATCAT WHEN YOU CAN BE A SMOKERAT?

COOL ZONE HERO, ASK ME ABOUT MY LIVESTREAMS

elise the great posted:

same as it ever was

SHIT POST MALONE
Feb 4, 2005

I was born down. You know this.

Lux Animus posted:

the east precinct in Seattle... that's a dicey proposition with how dense that area is

now the SW precinct? that's a fortress worth having.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

elise the great posted:

Hahahahahaha that is utterly perfect.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

elise the great posted:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

elise the great posted:

This why I, despite the impending doom of climate change, am a big supporter of paper plates.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Thump! posted:

This why I, despite the impending doom of climate change, am a big supporter of paper plates.

especially in plate carriers

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1388905544245817344?s=21

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Comrade Koba posted:

especially in plate carriers

Well duh, you ever try to run around with real plates in a plate carrier? They're heavy!

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

How many PBJs can you fit in a standard plate carrier

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

Point me to the revolutionary dishes and I will carry them to the sink and wash them.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

much smaller than in normal years May Day parade in Minneapolis included this very nice float

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Tubgoat posted:

Point me to the revolutionary dishes and I will carry them to the sink and wash them.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

elise the great posted:

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZA63ckKxXQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY INEVITABLE DEBT
Apr 21, 2011

just one more spin

elise the great posted:

sorry what does this mean

what activity is "carrying the plates to the sink" in this metaphor