Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Groke posted:

Also, Demon-6 by David Mace.

David Mace is a pro pick. Very reminiscent of Peter Watts in bleakness, except with an 80s Cold War techno-thriller bent instead of Watts' hard science ecological collapse focus.

Fire Lance is his best known book, about a hardened second strike nuclear battlecruiser that gets one last mission after WW3 has already wiped out most of humanity, and nuclear winter is about to take care of the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

McSpanky posted:

There was a neat RTS about 20 years ago called Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising:

Never played that game, but IIRC it was written by Warren Ellis.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Asterite34 posted:

Ooooh, an entry into the genre of late 80s-early 90s Abyssploitation, when James Cameron was working on The Abyss and everyone assumed it would be "like Aliens but underwater" and were rushing to make their own cheap knockoff underwater monster action movies to ride the wave of popularity.

Yes, and I dearly love all of those I've seen:

Deep Star Six
Leviathan
The Rift

I still need to get around to watching Lords of the Deep to collect the full set, I think.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Fire Lance is very topical right now.

I'd love to see a movie version of it, but preferably fictional.