Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

recruit/OOC thread with Discord links
Players
LRADIKAL, starring as Gandarn Stoutcask.
p.d0t, starring as Hamartia Truthsayer.
Ryuujin, starring as Conor Noblereaver.
Zore, Starring as Callum, The Warlock.
cuntman.net, starring as Doctor Sharps.
Epicurius, starring as Lorellion Quelethemar.

quote:

Some minor things first, please link your sheet in your first post.
, and keep them updated. I'll post battle maps and such for those reading along in here as well.
I would like character names inBold at the top of each posts, with any special effects that are active and HP listed.

In character stuff in regular font

OOC stuff/mechanical things(roll results, actions/checks/whatever in Italics, please.

If things in my writing are unclear, take it to the discord, I'll respond quicker there. use the dmquestions channel for it, so if some weird rules thing comes up again we can reference that.

To those reading along, and interested in discussing the game, we have a discord server where things happen too. There's a ooc channel for general purpose bullshittery, and a IC channel for the players to talk tactics/plans in since it'll move a bit faster than the thread.

Let's all enjoy vanquishing this horrible night!
Have at you!

Curse of Strahd - Into the Mists - The Broken Wheel Tavern

To a party of seasoned adventurers such as yourselves, what you see is but another dull tavern in another dull town in some nameless province. It is but another span of time between the challenges of true adventuring.

Outside the tavern, a fog lies over the town this evening. The damp, cobbled pavement glistens as the lights of street lanterns dance across the slick stones. The sign hanging from the front of the tavern proudly proclaiming it to be the "Broken Wheel Inn" creaking in the wind. The fog chills the bones and shivers the soul of anyone outside.

Yet inside these tavern walls the food is hearty, and the ale is warm and frothy. A fire blazes in the hearth, and the tavern is alive with the tumbling voices of country folk and the dulcet tones of a bard stringing out a tune on a dulcimer.

Suddenly, the tavern door swings open, and a hush falls over the room. Framed by the lamp-lit fog, a form strides through the doorway. His heavy, booted footfalls and the jingle of his coins shatter the silence. His brightly colored clothes are draped in loose folds about him, and his hat hangs askew, hiding his eyes in shadows. Without hesitation, he walks up to your table and stands proudly in a wide stance with folded arms.

In an accented voice he says, "I have been sent to you to deliver this message. If you be creatures of honor, you will come to my master's aid at first light. It is not advisable to travel the Svalich Woods at night!"

He pulls from his tunic a sealed letter, addressed to all of you in beautiful flowing script. He drops the letter on the table. "Take the west road from here some five hours march down through the Svalich Woods. There you will find my master in Barovia."

Amid the silent stares of the patronage, the gypsy strides to the bar and says to the wary barkeep, "Fill the glasses, one and all. Their throats are obviously parched." He drops a purse heavy with gold on the bar. With that, he makes his way to the door, to leave as abruptly as he arrived.

The babble of tavern voices resumes, although somewhat subdued. Among the country folks faces you see some confusion, and glances towards your table and your unannounced visitor. The letter is lying before you. The seal is in the shape of a crest you don't recognize.

The Seal,

The Letter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Callum -17 HP

Callum stared at the tavern door the strange man had left from, tapping idly at the table with his claws as the background noise slowly began to rise once more. He nodded as the barkeep arrived with new glasses of ale to their table, silently accepting one and taking a thoughtful sip from it. The name Barovia was unfamiliar to him, but that meant little in this part of the world where names were malleable and highly regionalized.

"This Barovia," he began in a low voice to his compatriots, "Do any of you know of it? I have never heard of such a place, which leaves me intrigued." His eyes flashed for a moment, reflecting the light of the tavern strangely. "Imagine what rare books and knowledge they might have if they are this wealthy." He tapped at the baroque letter for emphasis.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doctor Sharps 17/17

The shrouded and masked figure leans over the table to read the letter, becoming more and more visibly excited as he reads. Clearly, these people are in need of a doctor. Clearly, they must have heard of his clinic. This can only mean that word of his good works is spreading. The mention of wealth draws his beady eye. Doctor Sharps works first and foremost to help his fellows, but a generous compensation always warms his heart. And it looks like this Barovia place understands the value of a good doctor. Maybe he and Nurse Gorr could move the clinic there if they get run out of town again.

"I have never heard of such a place." Callum's voice sounds from behind the plague doctor's mask, repeating his words in response to his question. "Sounds like nice people." A child's voice follows it. "Time to make a house call." A bugbear's deep growl.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Gandarn Stoutcask 24/24
https://ddb.ac/characters/27384108/eVifUc

From behind his rampart of empty drinks, Gandarn finally looks up from his parchments. He had been drawing the same thing he always drew, a design for a great temple shaped like a dwarvish great hall. When asked what it was or why he was drawing it, the only answer received was "for Moradin".

While the strange man is speaking Gandarn subtly weaves a spell from behind his fortification and does not seem to react in any way.
Finishing his ale, he finally inspected the letter. "Hrmph, another sign, I'll follow it." This remark it's only notable as it's probably the most words the others had heard from him in a row.

Gandarn had, seemingly ashamedly, declared himself an unsworn Paladin of Moradin. His armor and shield were completely unlike that of the normal conception of a paladin; his splint mail looked ancient and worn, his shield black with many layers of pitch soaked into it, and his dwarven Warhammer was black, and looked to be made of a black iron. He was however, seemingly observant of prayer, and did not lack the expected abilities of healing and protection.

He returned to his part of the bench, silently ordered another ale and crumpling his drawing, started over once more.

edit: spell cast placed into narrative.

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 28, 2020

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Conor Noblereaver 20/20: PP - 12, PI - 17

Conor sits quietly at a table in the shadows, slowly nursing his ale. The haunted figure seems at ease, but a closer inspection finds that his eyes are always roaming, always looking for a threat, for a foe to vanquish. When the stranger enters the tavern he slowly puts down his ale and sizes the man up. The man is suspicious, and shrouded in more than mystery. The offer seems odd, and probably too good to be true. Still it is an offer for gold, which is sadly needed to keep on, and an opportunity for adventure and perhaps a chance to keep his skills honed until the next monster he can slay.

As Callum speaks up he pauses and thinks on the matter. Finally he responds. "In all my studies, in all my travels, I have never heard of Barovia. I do not know where it is, or how I could not have heard of it if it is so close. The man's offer seems suspicious. Yet I am for taking him up on it."

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 1, 2020

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Hamartia | HP: 18/18 | LoH: 10/10
[sheet] [presumptive theme song]

Not so much drinking, as staring sullenly at the mug, Hamartia sat with an arm propped up on the table, and her fist balled up against her cheek.
She had been thinking about the plaque in Mirabar again.

Though she liked being in the company of adventurers, no one could replace her lost mentor... "Ugh, no sense dwelling on it too much; the weather is depressing enough on its own," she thought to herself.
Taking a deep breath and finally sitting up, she decided she might as well take her turn inspecting the letter. Her finger traced beneath the words as she read them silently to herself.

Upon reaching the end, she kept her hand on the paper as she asked, "Such strange naming conventions; this guy's wife took his first name as her last name? That seems kinda weird, no?"

also, would I have any clue what a Burgomaster is?

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 28, 2020

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Lorellion Quelethemar

"Different places have different naming conventions", Lorellion points out. "I've known of places where the wife takes the husband's last name, where the husband takes the wife's last name, where they both keep their own names, or combine the two in different ways. Still, if this woman needs help, we should help her if we can."

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doctor Sharps 17/17

"Have never heard of such a place," Doctor Sharps repeats again, pointing to each member of the group. "We should ask around." He picks up the seal. "This too."

He hops off his chair and approaches the nearest tavern goer. "Excuse me. Do you know about : Barovia?" The last word spoken in the stranger's accent. "This?" He holds up the seal. "That man?" He points to the tavern door.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Callum -17 HP

Sparing a glance at the rest of the group as their eccentric doctor began to question some of the nearby tavern-goers, Callum smoothly stood up and wandered over towards the barman who had greedily pocketed the stranger's gold. Sitting at the bar in front of him he asked "Do you know of that man, or the Barovia he spoke of? It seems our group will be heading that way and we would like to make some preparations." He bared his teeth in the best Dragonborn approximation of a smile

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Don't know if you all are monitoring the discord, but the mysterious gentleman is still here. My guy is not going to confront him, but perhaps yours would? You can retcon your post if necessary.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

AzMiLion posted:

Without hesitation, he walks up to your table and stands proudly in a wide stance with folded arms.
In an accented voice he says, "I have been sent to you to deliver this message. If you be creatures of honor, you will come to my master's aid at first light. It is not advisable to travel the Svalich Woods at night!"

"How... do you know... about any of us?" :raise:

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

since the start was a bit of a mess, this takes place after the bag of gold has been dropped at the bar, he's returned to the table and not made it to the door.
For those who might've missed it in Discord, Burgomaster is a term for a mayor, You've heard it used but it's not very common.

Hamartia - at the table

"I did not, I was given this letter by Master Indirovich, told of your appearances and that I would find you here." The man looks around with a look of confusion as his own voice interrupts him from nearby.

"How rude of me, I have not introduced myself properly. I am Arrigal, Messenger by trade. I came here from Barovia. A beautiful valley five hours west of here."

Arrigal pulls a free chair to the table and sits down, hanging his wide hat from the chairback and relaxing into it. Eventually producing a glass flask from the many folds of his clothing to drink from.

"Do you mind if I join you for a round before I am on my way again? I have other messages to deliver."

Image: Arrigal

Doctor Sharps - nearest Patron

The nearest tavern goer is swaying his way to the barkeep, to get one of the many promised drinks. He stares at the presented seal intently. "I ain't got me a clue about that seal of yours"

His eyes widen and a smile appears on his face as you mimic Arrigal's voice. "Ah, a trickster are ya? Can ye do my voice?"

Callum - at the Bar

The barkeep returns the smile as he puts away the sack of coin.
"I've heard of Barovia from his people, They tell me it's beautiful" he says, tilting his head to indicate Arrigal.
"I've not seen him before, but I've seen his kin around. A kind and colorful lot them, the Vistani. They pay well, and don't cause trouble ."

With that said the barkeep grabs a empty tankard. looking at you, "Since all drinks are on the house now, a pint of our finest?"

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 29, 2020

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Gandarn Stoutcask 24/24

Gandarn gets to his feet and walks towards Arrigal bringing along his flagon. He stands before the messenger for a moment before drinking a gulp of beer, and then offering a drink. A wiggle of his eyebrows makes it clear he wants to sample the flask. (the one holding the strange liquor)

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Gandarn - at the table

Arrigal looks at you a moment, the hint that you want some of his drink not landing immediately. "Ah, the silent type, Master Dwarf?" he offers Gandarn his flask, and holds out his hand as if expecting something in return. "A trade it is then."
Upon getting closer to Arrigal you notice that the flask has a relief of a raven on it.

The drink inside, while not initially easy to place in appearance, appears to be brandywine, amber in colour, with specks of colour floating in it.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Gandarn Stoutcask 24/24

Gandarn rolls on his feet in thought for a moment before producing a shiny silver piece and silently handing it to the man. He gently takes the flask and takes a small drink, letting out an approving grunt. He caps the flask, gives the man a curt bow and returns to his seat.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Gandarn - at the table

Arrigal takes the coin, rolling it across the back of his hand, then moving it into his palm, closing his hand around it. for the coin to be gone once he opens his hand again. Returning the silent bow with a nod of his own with a smile on his face.

"A fair trade, Master Dwarf. and a prepared traveller always carries spares" He produces a smaller, silvery flask from his many pockets, and continues sipping from his new drink.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 29, 2020

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Callum -17 HP

Callum nodded at the barkeep, accepting the ale and making his way back over to the table where the others still sat with the strange messenger. The barman's words had helped to put him at ease, so he slipped back into his place at the table and noted idly that their recalcitrant dwarf appeared to be interacting with the man.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doctor Sharps 17/17

Doctor Sharps snatches back the seal with an air of offended dignity. "I am not - a trickster," he says, the last two words in the drunk's voice. "I am a doctor. If you want to be amazed - you should be more impressed by - the study of medicine." He voice shifts between a high class city accent, a street performer's call, a threatening growl, and the city accent again. "Have you taken a hit to the head in the - past week? Your eyes are misaligned. This is why - you can't hold your drink. I can fix that." He takes a flyer advertising his clinic out from a coat pocket and shoves it into the drunk's hand before returning to his group's table. It seems questioning random drunks would not be the best source of information.

Roll: [18, 4] Result: 25 for medicine check with advantage

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 29, 2020

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Everyone - back at the table

Arrigal take a final sip from his flask, then gives it a little shake. "Seems my drink is gone, and so my time with you is at an end." Getting up from his chair, he grabs his hat and ones again hides his eyes in shadows, falling back into the same wide stance with his arms crossed.

"I have messages to deliver, and my Master awaits you in Barovia."

He bows deeply, "A fair night to you all."

Arrigal's leaving, not gone yet. last chance to ask questions/interact, since it's a holiday weekend I'll leave it here for now, and check back on monday.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Conor sits back an observes the conversation between the others and the strange man, this Vistani apparently. Occasionally taking a sip of his ale. As the man makes to go he responds "an a fair night to you. Take care for the night can be quite hazardous."

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 1, 2020

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doctor Sharps 17/17

"One moment." Doctor Sharps raises an index finger. "Please fill out this form - before you go. It will allow us to be properly prepared," he says, handing Arrigal a sheet of paper.

Welcome to the clinic of Doctor Sharps and Nurse Gorr. Please fill out this questionnaire to ensure effective treatment.
  1. Please list the patient's symptoms.
  2. What were the circumstances leading up to the patient's condition?
  3. What methods of treatment have been attempted previously?
  4. Does the patient have a family history of chronic illnesses?
  5. Has the patient used alcohol or tobacco in the past two weeks?

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 31, 2020

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Doctor Sharps

Arrigal takes the form from Doctor Sharps, "Ah, wish to be well prepared?"
Producing a familiar looking pen, he sits back down at the table, briefly. to fill out the form presented by the good doctor.
Arrigals scratchy handwriting is hard on the eyes, with the loops in his letters coming to sharp points, resembling less the graceful cursive of the delivered letter, but more a small collection of daggers and fangs drawn on a paper.

Welcome to the clinic of Doctor Sharps and Nurse Gorr. Please fill out this questionnaire to ensure effective treatment.
  1. Please list the patient's symptoms.
    -The poor woman's skin has turned pale, like a ghost.
    -Always a kind woman, she is irritable and angry now.
    -She tires easily, not even leaving her house to enjoy our beautiful valley.
    -Her breathing is, troubled.
    -Regularly, she becomes weak in balance. Feinting and falling.
    -Death came for her, she says. troubled in the head maybe?
  2. What were the circumstances leading up to the patient's condition?
    -She suffered several repeated nights of night terrors, last I heard.
  3. What methods of treatment have been attempted previously?
    -Common Barovian old wives medicines, I do not know what they contain.
  4. Does the patient have a family history of chronic illnesses?
    -I do not know.
  5. Has the patient used alcohol or tobacco in the past two weeks?
    -All Barovians drink, you should try some at the Wizard of Wines!

Arrigal hands back the form, and the pen to the kenku, "Thank you for borrowing me that." A smirk appears on his face, as he ends the sentence with a wink.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doctor Sharps 17/17

"Fascinating," the doctor says, taking back the form and pen. He had experience with pickpockets before, but this trick is completely unfamiliar to him. He might have to pay more attention to this stranger. He leans back in his seat, withdrawing from the conversation to examine the form.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Gandarn Stoutcask 24/24

Gandarn stands back up from his space at the table giving a nod to any of his companions that notice. He neatly arranges his belongings and packs the sheets and drawing tools into a pouch. He heads to the bar and exchanges some words before climbing the stairs and retiring to his chamber.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Deciding to finally finish the drink she had been staring at, Hamartia quickly gulped down the stein of ale. It was clear that they would make for Barovia in the morning, and going to bed seemed wiser than fighting the inevitable, by trying to convince herself to stay up for another drink.

Perhaps tonight Gandarn would finally let her pray with him, before bed.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Callum -17 HP

Noting his compatriots slipping from the table to retire from the evening, Callum drained his mug and stared pensively into it. This was a tremendous opportunity, and he lost himself for a moment in thoughts of rare and banned texts. Shaking his head, he waved at the remaining people at the table and went to bed.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Lorellion Quelethemar

Lorellion stands up and heads to his room. It's been a long day, and he's tired.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

As the others begin finishing up and heading to bed Conor mumbles. "Probably a good idea to get an early night." He then finishes his drink, nods to anyone remaining in the main room, and makes his way to his room.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doctor Sharps 17/17

Lost in thought at considering the letter and the form, Doctor Sharps hardly notices his companions leave the table. He acknowledges Conor with a nod, then realizes that he's the only one still sitting. He folds up the papers and returns to his quarters. Once there, he removes his mask and retrieves his medical notes. Pen in beak, he lights a candle and sits down at his desk to contemplate the case before them. He flips through his notes, comparing the information Arrigal provided them to his research and previous cases he's encountered. Occasionally, he jots down an observation or theory in a notebook.

While spinning his pen during a pause in his writings, Sharps idly wonders how the stranger had managed to snatch it without him noticing. At this, he decides his concentration must be fading for the night. He snuffs out his candle and goes to bed.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Everyone - Broken Wheel Tavern - Night

As you all retreat for the night, Arrigal heads out as well. Stepping into the misty night, he mounts his horse and rides off to the west.

You all return to your rooms, some of you to single rooms, some to shared rooms.

Mist leaks in through cracks in the window-frames and between the planking in the wooden walls, showing the age and poor maintenance of the building.

Eventually you all bed down, finding a dreamless sleep.

Work out who sleep where yourself, alone or in a shared room. feel free to split up your posts if there's anything you wanted to do in your night.

Everyone - Broken Wheel Tavern - Morning after

You hear the barkeep shouting in the hall, and pounding on a door. "Wake up master Dwarf! Suns up, Breakfast is served!" from downstairs the smell of freshly cooked venison and eggs wafts upstairs.
As you awaken and look around, tendrils of mist are still creeping into the room, and through the window you see the dull orange glow of a hazy sunrise.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Lorellion Quelethemar

Lorellion wakes up, and after praying, gets up, goes over to the window and looks out. "Hmm, foggy day", he says, as he turns his head, trying to get a crick out of his neck. He turns his head to his roommate. "Rise and shine", he says, "The sun is out and the innkeeper has breakfast, which is, I think, mostly leftover dinner. But he got his hands on some eggs, smells like."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Conor wakes to the dawn, or the shouting of the barkeep, and stretches carefully. He gathers his stuff and makes to leave his room, careful not to disturb his roommate should they still be sleeping. He then makes his way to the main room for breakfast noticing the fog still creeping around as he does. But doesn't yet put any major thought into it, early morning fog is not unheard of after all.

"Good morning," he greets anyone in the main room already as he finds a place to sit down and wait for the others and for breakfast.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doctor Sharps 17/17

Doctor Sharps brings a plate of eggs and venison back to his room. As he goes to organize his notes, as he usually does over breakfast, he realizes to his irritation that the mist creeping through the windows has dampened the papers. He picks up the notes as delicately as he can and heads back down to the common area, damp papers in one hand and plate in the other. He sets down the papers in front of the fireplace and sits at a nearby table to eat his breakfast. The mask stays in his room. He's in no mood to bother with that this morning, and if anyone takes issue with him being there, they can answer to his cane.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Callum -17 HP

Callum wakes suddenly at the Barkeep's cry, blinking rapidly in the early morning sun. He absently began his morning ablutions as his mind raced, only distantly noting the sounds of the other inn patrons waking and beginning their own morning routine. He found himself sitting at the same table as Conor, shaking his head to clear the fugue.

"Good morning," he greeted distractedly. "How's the fare?"

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 1, 2020

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Gandarn Stoutcask 24/24

Coming awake, Gandarn dons his armor, prepares his spells, and heads downstairs. Filling a bowl he heads outside to eat and wait for the rest to finish.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

As she sleeps through the early morning sunrise, her roommate Callum would notice Harmartia's closed eyes clenching in a show of discomfort.
The dream that gripped her was strange. She felt consumed in some place completely absent of light, but yet... somehow a creeping darkness stood out amongst the void. She could conceive of herself being on her feet, with the formless dark creeping around her ankles and slowly lapping upward, like cold wet tongues.

Awakening with a tremble, she tossed herself to one side, her arms crossed at her forehead. Her eyes cautiously prying open, she saw the floor of the aged tavern's bedroom, where she had laid out her bedroll and fallen to sleep the night before. It was then she noticed the mists haunting the weathered floorboards. Was that what had been manifesting in her dream? Or was this the dream manifesting itself into the waking world? Either way, her feet felt cold, and she deduced that this mist was the culprit.

She grunted in dismay, not wanting to leave her bedroll. But realizing it wasn't providing her with sufficient warmth anyway, she finally roused herself out of it, and gathered up her belongings. Setting her bow and a few other items in front of her, she sat cross-legged onto the floor -- but before beginning her meditative prayers, she rubbed each of her feet in turn with both hands, trying to warm them. Finally, she closed her eyes, reaching out to each of the items with her mind's eye, and lifting them off of the ground one at a time. Once she had finished with this routine, she took the bow in her hands and prayed one last prayer -- preparing spells for the day that awaited them. And with that, she got dressed and set out to join the group in their meal.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Everyone - Broken Wheel Tavern

As the sun rises, so do you and your compatriots, with everyone helping themselves to a filling and warm breakfast. The barkeep makes his way around the room, making small talk and collecting payment from some of the regulars that are slowly dripping in, looking to get a early meal.
He passes those inside as well, but leaves you in peace. Sensing that you're all preparing for some great task.
He retreats to his place behind the counters after completing his lap of the room and starts counting out last nights profits, you hear the sound of coins being stacked and counted. The man is clearly pleased with last nights haul.

Outside, the mist still drifts around at ground level. weaving between the town's buildings and the trees lining the roads. To the west, Svalich woods awaits, and you're reminded of Arrigals words.
"If you be creatures of honor, you will come to my master's aid at first light."

Assuming that you're heading out after breakfast. Adventure awaits! Prep your spells, ready your stakes! Barovia awaits.

Barkeeps not asking any of you for payment, considering Arrigal's generous donation last night.
Edit: WEST, not east.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 2, 2020

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Gandarn Stoutcask 24/24

As soon as the rest of the group assembles and begins milling about, Gandarn straightens up, adjusts his pack and begins walking to the west.

Later, getting Hamartia's attention, he shows her the glass flask that he purchased from the messenger. It has a raven design on the side of it with small flecks floating in the liquid, otherwise it does not appear to be special. "Ill omens... war.. fate.. messengers. Have heard," Gandarn clears his throat, "Never harm a raven, lest an ill fate befall you". He then opens it up and holds it towards her face so that she may examine the contents. (he's not being secretive, merely speaking to one person)

Once any inspection has been completed, he places the flask into a pocket on his person and continues the march.

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 2, 2020

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

LRADIKAL posted:

Gandarn Stoutcask: "Never harm a raven, lest an ill fate befall you"

"Where did you hear that?"

"I wonder..."
[Nature check: 'Are ravens delicious?' -- result: 1d20+2 = 5]
"...hrm."

what's in the boxflask??? :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001