Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Nils seems a cool guy. "I kill bandits 'cuz people won't get all up in my grillz, unlike killing people from recognised communities."

"How about not killing people?"

"I have one skill, honed through the years, and the killing industry just announced lay-offs. Gotta find work somehow, and I can't just magic up proficiency in another profession! Post-apoc Maggie Thatcher shut the murder mines!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
My YT subs have been blowing up the last 24 hours and I couldn't figure out why. And then I see the stickied thread in GBS.

Well.

If anyone wants to bail, I don't blame you and godspeed to all. For now, I will keep posting on these dead gay forums because I use adblocker so the 'tax isn't getting any revenue from me and his inexcusable, abhorrent behavior aside this is probably the best community on the internet. We'll see where the chips fall in the next couple of days. Should the worst come to pass I want you all to know how much I've enjoyed interacting with you and I'll keep doing the LP even if we have no place to discuss it. I don't like Discord as a platform for anything other than immediate communication but if everything burns I'll PM a link to my channel to anyone that wants it and we can meet up there after a new video gets posted to discuss it.

Love you guys :cry:

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

You are a good poster and a good lper, so of course we want to continue watching your elpees in case the forums got dragged to the server farm upstate. Hope some positive conclusion can be reached, so that the community stays intact. poo poo's hosed up and bullshit. :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I wasn't sure whether to mention anything or not but yeah, I think that's reasonable for the time being. I follow on youtube but that loses out on the benefits of a big community forum for active LPs.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Let's Play seems to be moving here for now: https://lpbeach.co.uk/

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I like that nils is so utterly convinced that Aloy is enjoying killing bandits just for fun.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
You mean Aloy isn’t killing bandits for fun? I’m playing Aloy and that’s why I kill bandits!

SP- I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

VictualSquid posted:

I like that nils is so utterly convinced that Aloy is enjoying killing bandits just for fun.

Well...

SubponticatePoster posted:

My YT subs have been blowing up the last 24 hours and I couldn't figure out why. And then I see the stickied thread in GBS.

Well.

If anyone wants to bail, I don't blame you and godspeed to all. For now, I will keep posting on these dead gay forums because I use adblocker so the 'tax isn't getting any revenue from me and his inexcusable, abhorrent behavior aside this is probably the best community on the internet. We'll see where the chips fall in the next couple of days. Should the worst come to pass I want you all to know how much I've enjoyed interacting with you and I'll keep doing the LP even if we have no place to discuss it. I don't like Discord as a platform for anything other than immediate communication but if everything burns I'll PM a link to my channel to anyone that wants it and we can meet up there after a new video gets posted to discuss it.

Love you guys :cry:

I feel its mostly been a mess of "Well, SOMETHING might happen so better just get a head start on whatever does." I know I've been slamming that Subscribe, ringing that Bell, and pounding Join on whatever related Discords come up but I'm with you on Discord there. If I'm in an active conversation its fine, its a chat, but for what goes on around here it just isn't a replacement. The LP Zone is still running but after looking at it yesterday I guess it never found its users. And there's that other forum that was just linked but its still bug testing stuff so... yeah, a mess.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Man, that cauldron was trippy as hell. Fractal architecture, with little pyramid growing out of the floor like stalactites.

LashLightning posted:

Nils seems a cool guy.

Nils seems to be the embodiment of "great character, terrible person."

Cloacamazing! posted:

Let's Play seems to be moving here for now: https://lpbeach.co.uk/

I've also seen lp.zone but I have no idea which is the cool site for the popular kids.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
bloodnroses has an LP forum. admins are a bit overwhelmed at the moment but they're apparently still manually authorising accounts as fast as they can and not making people pay the :10bux:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Man, that cauldron was trippy as hell. Fractal architecture, with little pyramid growing out of the floor like stalactites.

Nils seems to be the embodiment of "great character, terrible person."

I've also seen lp.zone but I have no idea which is the cool site for the popular kids.

LP Zone is apparently not in favor just because it has infinite scrolling so Screenshot LPs just do not function there.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
If everything goes to complete poo poo I'll probably post on both so folks can choose whichever they prefer. I have not and will never do a screenshot LP so the issue on lpzone won't affect anything I do.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Just finished watching up to the bandits, kept waiting for you to actually use that sniper bow.

I can see why people find the bandit camps boring, but I actually found them to be a nice change of pace. There are exactly enough of them and it was fun stealth headshotting my way through them.

As for the explodey barrel section it almost seemed like the Nora are scripted to attack after you explodey a certain number of barrels.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
For now, post your LP where you most feel comfortable. There's a sticky announcing that Lowtax sold his position on the forums to another mod or is in the process of doing so. If that's ok with everyone's conscience, then this place is staying put. Time and user counts will tell. I would at least register on those 2 forums, just in case, but don't migrate just yet until people actually leave and one or both of them grow. LPs are still being created and updated here.

Also, it's up to your conscience. No one is gonna judge you if you decide to leave or stay. I just don't see everyone jumping ship just yet.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Shitshow rodeo

A video in which, while I can't say things went wrong, they certainly went :stonk: Apparently campfires are bad news because all the poo poo in the world is going down next to them. First up what I think will be a simple fetchquest is actually loving Thunderdome. We're introduced to the Longleg which is a big birb bent on killing us. After the dust settles we go looking for the dude who dicked over the caravan. He left 'em to die so he could pay off his dicing debts. Before that can happen he gets murked by a Stalker. These are another cat analogue, more leopard-like. Our horse earns big reward points and we go back to the caravan to report his demise and get a box of poo poo out of the whole thing.

Next up in Campfire Hell is the one that's pretty close to our actual destination that buts up against a corrupted zone. Everything in there comes after us and after burning through my blaze (no pun intended) we finally kill everything. Then we get a look at our first vantage point since I missed the one by the bandit camp. These are neat and will add the word "apocoshitstorm" to your vocabulary.

Sona is only 200m away from the campfire so we'll actually make it there next time.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The Vantage points was the side quest I hoped you’d show off. The images of the past world it shows off are pretty cool. It confirms the game setting in modern times and tells an interesting story, though you need to read the text for each one to get the full effect. I hope SP will keep showing off the Vantage points, including the ones that require backtracking. They’re my favorite collectible in the game.

The caravan side quest is easy to stumble onto, being right near Sona and all. If you miss it somehow, the boss of the group is in a town a bit west called Hunters’ Gathering. He can alert you to his team’s plight if you meet him. This does make the quest longer, though, since you may need to let him know everything is ok after completing things if he gives you the quest. The new machines we met won’t be seen again for a while, but this is our introduction to them. Both Longlegs and Stalkers are really annoying or fun to fight depending on your mood.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

achtungnight posted:

The Vantage points was the side quest I hoped you’d show off. The images of the past world it shows off are pretty cool. It confirms the game setting in modern times and tells an interesting story, though you need to read the text for each one to get the full effect. I hope SP will keep showing off the Vantage points, including the ones that require backtracking. They’re my favorite collectible in the game.

Definitely, they're one of the things that take the game from having a neat setting to having an all-time great setting.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
SP, your lp got me to finally buy this game. It. Is. So. Good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AltaBrown posted:

lol, I keep coming so close to just starting a fourth(?) playthrough. LIterally the only thing holding me back is the chance to see what the mod community comes out with for the PC release :f5:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

AltaBrown posted:

Yay. It really is. I'd recommend keeping pace or slightly ahead of the LP so nothing gets ruined for you.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

So all this takes place around the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

So all this takes place around the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs?

Not all of it, and the area’s had a lot of geographical changes made because it’s a post post apocalyptic video game, but yeah. We’ve been to Colorado Springs already, that bandit camp we cleared was in the ruins of the Pioneers Museum according to another Vantage we missed. The Proving took place on Pikes Peak (as proven by the coordinates Crispin Freeman gave his goons to find and terminate Aloy- gotta wonder how they’re still using that system in the game now that I think about it).

We should see the Ring of Metal once Aloy catches up with Sona. I wonder if anyone can guess what it’s going to be.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

I think we’ve pretty much clinched that the Nora come from NORAD at this point. Is All-Mother their computer system? What was the machine devil, then?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oberndorf posted:

I think we’ve pretty much clinched that the Nora come from NORAD at this point. Is All-Mother their computer system? What was the machine devil, then?

All will be explained.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When are we going to get to the blaze factory?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

When are we going to get to the blaze factory?

Dude, we've encountered several such factories already. We've even destroyed several of them. The game calls them Striders and Grazers- these machines make Blaze from the grass they consume. Haven't you been paying attention?

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

Horizon: 420 Dawn - Blaze On

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can you lay tripmines next to each other and stack the damage?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
In the big clusterfuck, I noticed the sabretoothbots have a red laser and what looks like a plasma gun. I haven't seen any weapons on the "herbivore" bots though.

They all seem to rely on the incredibly awkward strategy of "running up to Aloy and jumping and turning in midair to try and kick her" which does not seem optional.

We've also never seen the robots fighting each other - Aloy's mind control staff notwithstanding. They also all have the same design scheme. But look very different from the Metal Devil and the Corrupter, which are just shades of grey and black and very much a machine.

Man, trying to put all this together is a hoot.

achtungnight posted:

Dude, we've encountered several such factories already. We've even destroyed several of them. The game calls them Striders and Grazers- these machines make Blaze from the grass they consume. Haven't you been paying attention?

I thought I saw one of the deerbots stick its antlers into the ground and activate purée mode.

Wow, they would have been great for getting rid of kudzu.

So, the herbivorebots "eat" organic material and send it back to the cauldrons where it is used to make robots which use the compounds offensively. I guess there is also some kind of refuelling station and I look forward to seeing robot dinosaurs suckling up to some sort of large robot cow.

Fake edit: Google image search did not fail me this day:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Scalding Coffee posted:

Can you lay tripmines next to each other and stack the damage?

Yes, although status effects like paralysis from the Shock Wires (which do no damage, just status effect) do not stack. Better to place those where the enemy can hit one, get shocked and you can shoot it a while, then when it gets up and walks a short distance it will get shocked again. If possible. Damage tripmines like Blast Wires from the blue Tripcaster and Sticky Bombs from the blue Blast Sling do stack.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Looks like the PC release will be August 7th. I didn't post a trailer because of spoilers of things we haven't seen yet.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game already does plenty of spoilers.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I just watched a video of the caravan side quest which started in Hunter’s Gathering and confirmed you don’t need to check in with the quest giver after the quest (though you probably can optionally- it’s possible with other quest givers). It’s the caravan master who rewards you for your work, not the guy at Hunter’s Gathering. Although that guy does provide more information about the caravan- it was going north to Ban’ur and he thought that their explosive arrowheads had been left behind, not knowing a saboteur did it on purpose. Aloy is given these arrowheads to return, but they make no difference in the rest of the quest. It’s unclear what type of ammo they were or what exactly the caravan was transporting. Song cores sounds like machine hearts perhaps. The guy at Hunter’s Gathering also hints you might be facing a new machine that strikes unseen- the Stalker, obviously.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Stalkers are rough until you figure out frost bombs make an utter joke of them.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

If you're not on Ultra Hard one Tearblast arrow usually strips a Stalker's cloaking and gun, leaving them easily mêlée'd to death thanks to their low stun resistance.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It rules how every machine has multiple valid strategies for chumping them regardless of if how scary they initially are.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Sorry about the delay, it's that time of year when it's hot AF and AC is required for survival. I tried doing commentary today but it sounds like a bad radio and if I remove the whir it makes the vocals all hosed up. So I will attempt to re-record it, the temp tonight should be bearable (it didn't cool off past 77 last night :gonk: ) and I should be able to try it early tomorrow before work with no AC running. If that doesn't work then I'll sit on an ice block or whatever and suffer the 40 minutes to record.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

I started watching your DA:I lp, and your use of Big Pig was really funny, and a welcome surprise. I had that soundtrack in my teens, and loved it.

Also, I'm only a bit ahead of the lp in HZD as I keep getting sidetracked by everything. There's so much to do!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Big bada boom

After much loving about we finally meet up with Sona and the war party. The bad guys are holed up in "the ring of metal." On the way we have 3 camps to deal with. They're kinda like bandit camps but much smaller and with some corrupted machines patrolling around, but nothing we can't handle. Showing a serious need for upgraded equipment, here. Taking 4-5 non-headshots to kill a person is really crappy.

Varl and Aloy infiltrate the actual ring, which is Bronco Stadium. Varl helps us quietly stab some dudes and then we're in. We tell him to get the others ready while we sneak in and blow up the blaze we heard about when we took care of that dig site several episodes ago. Except sneaking this mission is a huge pain in the rear end so I say gently caress it and just sprint to the boom boom. Blow that up and the Nora join the party. The bad guys get beat about as badly as the real Broncos the past few seasons and then we part ways. Varl hits on Aloy too. Maybe I should start a tally.

Now that we've done this we can progress on the plot. I elect not to do that and go screwing around some more doing sidequests, which will be the next video. I think after that we'll move the plot along so we can start getting into the good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SubponticatePoster posted:

. Varl hits on Aloy too. Maybe I should start a tally.

Like half the NPCs you talk to more than twice and are even vaguely age appropriate do that.