Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sindai posted:

I wish they ported this to PC much sooner. I bought it but bounced off it repeatedly because I can't play a game that's 90% about precision shooting on a controller.

ask me about playing every Killzone game repeatedly and on the hardest difficulties :suicide101:

Lookong forward to watching all of this! I've had a soft spot for Guerrilla Games' output for a long time. Played all their early titles but I never made the jump to owning a PS4, so I missed HZD entirely. Here's hoping we find a bunch of Killzone Easter Eggs and it turns out this planet is a post-apocalyptic Vekta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ha! Earth exists in the Killzone universe so there's still a possibility this is all part of a greater Guerrilla Games universe!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
comes out on PC this summer, no?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it's especially unsurprising given that it's in Guerrilla Games' nature for nearly everyone but the protagonist to die in their games.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
bildungsromans and hero's journeys are not entirely mutually exclusive.

also credit where it is owed, Mathijs de Jonge is a solid director and GG's writing is a lot subtler and nuanced than a laot of people give them credit for. The Killzone series is more clever than its reputation as a glorified tech demo gives it--people expressed disbelief that H:ZD was made by the same developers. partly I think the problem was that the people who would've appreciated the nuance in storytelling weren't attracted to another sci-fi space nazi FPS, whereas the people who DID play Killzone didn't give a poo poo about the plot and just want to play space nazi team fortress.

I still think Rico Velasquez is one of the most interesting and complex anti-heroes/villains to be porteayed in an FPS. the man is preeminently hateable in a myriad of ways, but also deeply human and deeply sympathetic.

what i'm trying to say is...

kw0134 posted:

Of course it could be accidental, or they might have planned something different with this sequence and it was cut, or any number of things. It could also be a gross mismanagement of the project early on :v:

...I don't think any of what we're reading into this is accidental or good fortune after gross mismanagement! this is the quality of writing i expect from these devs!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
that means the Minigun Dude is the Threshold Guardian and that's a pretty metal guardian to have.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
^^^
what VS said

though so far this encounter feels like it makes a strong case for the "Initiation" part of the cycle. and what with spotting the Aloy look-alike. now we're at the part where Aloy will truly begin her transformation.

(i may he offbase. i am admittedly listening to the vids while doing chores rather than sitting and actively watching)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The new God of War?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

SubponticatePoster posted:

I LP'd Inquisition and the Mass Effect trilogy, I ain't bothering to record killing a pig or giving some kid we'll never see again some arrows because I'd like to finish this before 2022 :v:

:hai:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

EricFate posted:

I continue to be amazed that this is a Guerrilla Games product. The company behind the 'Killzone' series. Games which are the very definition of 'Meh, It was alright I guess'.

i'm a fan, and aside from the first one, think the Killzone games have been relatively underrated despite being Greatest Hits games.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

achtungnight posted:

Fun fact- if you try to access the Shadow Carja Palace in Sunfall before completing the next mission Aloy will notice the guards all wear Focus devices. Sylens then warns her off and she turns away rather than provoke them.

I had this happen to me and it was a great little "what the gently caress who the hell are you why are you in my head?" moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
the legend returns