Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That's only if she's in a minority and couldn't prevent the outcast-ing. She could be of the opinion that her mother having died in childbirth, or whatever, is reason enough for twenty years of exile, clearly, but the forms must be respected and a proper naming is to occur anyhow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The game has parkour, mountains and a giant metal hulk that may or may not still be active. Aloy's gonna climb it and grind her way down on an ancient hovertech skateboard.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

TBH, I started frowning at the obvious YA setup and I enjoyed watching it get different. Pity about those sacrificial characters, I'm sure they could have been great friends and or rivals.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Two things: the confirmation that Rost got roasted, and holy poo poo that's a lot of candles, bee's wax or animal tallow, but the Nora seem to be hunters rather than have their own herds.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That's also true of the architecture, people like living in places that, if they can't make them excellent, are at least defined, and a big one is defining inside and outside, no one likes having see through walls or floors and whatnot, and that's something that holds true no matter the construction material, concrete, rough hewn stone, steel and glass and fiberglass, dried mud bricks, wood, scavenged sheets of corrugated iron.

Just having a hole in your wall that isn't explicitly a window or a door is something we hate and we'll just fix it, in some way or another.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The one that gets me worse of all is the crummy stockades. Oh, they have to look primitive so that means sloppy and full of holes, but no, the stockade exists to keep out wild animals, if wild dogs can slip in, it's no good, and if they can, the inhabitants, be they exiled kids or bandits, will fix it because gently caress having wild dogs make it in, threaten you and snack on your food.

I'm happy we haven't sen any of that yet.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Then we track Sona down. Sona does not gently caress around. It's really nice to see the war chief is a woman and PoC at that. She takes us to a camp full of the bad guys to raid. The actual fireworks will be next video.

On the one hand I accept that the premise of the game implies a post apocalypse, post racial society in which new prejudice has come to help stop the bleeding caused by the gaping hole of missing prejudice, but I'm still a tiny bit miffed by our main character, a brave from a tribe in Northern America being, well, white as hell.

I do like that the clothing doesn't look like poo poo and looks very competent. I've made a few points about that in the very, extremely, completely related Dawn Of Man LP, I think.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

We talked about how nice the architecture was, actually functional and everything, and now we have this bandit camp, there are holes in the walls, and the roofs, and the stockade. And it's not for lack of construction materials. I am miffed.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

They could have the prisoners fix up the camp and be evil slavers too.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

I think the idea is that Bandit camps aren't permanent, but temporary strongholds set up close to other population centers for easy access to travellers that move on to other ruins when things get tight looking for fresh victims, as eventually people will just stop going near their territory. So they find a mostly intact structure, build some fencing to keep invaders out and hunker down for a few weeks until it's time to move on.

Sure, but the fencing is so inefficient, that's a shitton of wood that they are using completely wrong and leaving holes all over the place, I'm not asking for them to build camps like legionnaires, I just want walls to keep the animals out, and then walls and roofs to keep the elements out. Even if it's a propped up ruin.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ted Faro bad, and the design of his table in his office sucks, that sort of very wide table leg that prevents you from putting your legs under the table and makes placing anything near the table edge dicey really sucks, his taste in furniture mirrors his personality.

Also really nice that they have actually tried to make (audio)logs not be "Hello, I'm some guy and here are my deepest secrets, said in my voice, that I store in a public place."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Generally photorealistic graphics tend to make me groan, thinking at the time and effort that devs must have put in them but the tourism vistas are pretty sweet, and also a bit more welcome in the plague years, both I and the Utah board of tourism agree.