Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

SubponticatePoster posted:

Also achtungnight has volunteered to post some alternate paths for quests and dialogue - this game is big enough without trying to do multiple-choice stuff. So you'll get to see more of the game. Thanks, AN!

I am curious. Do have a certain approach planned how Aloy reacts to stuff in dialogue? Will there be renegade "fist" Aloy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Flair posted:

Bold Predictions about the story:
* The side quests are building up Aloy as an articulate, sociable character who is more capable than the other braves despite being an outcast. She will be remembered as the bravest brave of all time; cave paintings, legends told around the campfire, or something like that will perpetuate for years to come.

Can we even call that a prediction? Aloy is the protagonist of the game and appears prominently on the box cover. Protagonists in fiction rarely come in mediocre.

(Also "cave paintings" is kinda rude. I pretty sure the tribe already reached "rustic wooden hovel" age. Some nice wood carvings and heroic patchwork quilts should be expected.)

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
What purpose serves that big round "medal" on Rost's shoulder? Some insignia, that identifies his role or rank within the Nora? Or just some fashion statement?

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Megillah Gorilla posted:

EDIT 2: Okay, we're in the middle of the Nora lands, yet somehow a hundred guys with guns and carts full of explosives can just wander in?

Chalk it up to gameplay concessions? While distances are quite compressed for reasonable travel time, imagine huge areas of nothing but trees and wildlife. Like hiking through one of the big national parks like Yellowstone or Yosemite.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 10, 2020

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
When Aloy enters the chamber with the "Identyscan"-door, there is something like a metal "pinecone" hanging from the ceiling. This is the the tip of one of those octopus arms of that giant metal squid sitting there on the moutain, isn't it? :stare:

Edit: Oh... "Where All-mother defeated slayed the metal devil." This wasn't just a figure of speech.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 13, 2020

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
I am curious. Are those "The many faces of Aloy" -thumbnails done by the magic of the YouTube algorithm or are those handpicked and curated favorites?

Also the bow that shows up in the cutscenes is not our trusty hunter bow and i guess not the sharpshooter bow either. So some special cutscene model?

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 19, 2020

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Flair posted:

I predict the other Nora child outcast is the one who killed Rost, and now that I have thought about it, I hope I am so wrong on that point. It would be so cliche. If that child outcast were to live, it could be more nuance if Nil turned out to be that outcast.

The world is bigger than just the Nora and Nora politics. Have you seen the size of the map?
Or remember the visitors at the proving. You got human-sized dwarves like Erend, shady scrap peddlers like Olin and crazy sun-bros. I am certain there is a place for some independent machine gun wielding cultists with their own delightful agenda, too.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 20, 2020

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Are npc enemies actually interesting to fight in comparison to weird robot animals? To me it looks just like the typical shooter gameplay and going for headshots.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Im confused. Why are non-red barrels exploding?
You are lost in your old ways and and are a product of an bygone age before your smartphone and gardening robot started to plot your ruin.
We are ready to accept the new blazing hotness of the new world.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Like half the NPCs you talk to more than twice and are even vaguely age appropriate do that.

Got to take your chances...
Aloy seems to be the only redhead in 1000 mile radius. Guess the type became extinct after the presumed robo apocalypse and Ireland was Ground Zero.