Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
gently caress! how do i change my best friend answer from
mudasir?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what is today

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what it be

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Suspicious posted:

i love being forced to choose from a shallow pool of "security" questions that anyone who remotely knows me will be able to answer. what's my mother's maiden name? what elementary school did i go to? even sherlock loving holmes won't be able to crack those

yeah i hate that too. hence why i choose random answers that have nothing to do with the question. hence why i have the awkward phone call with the FAA where, after they confirm my identity, they say that the phone number of the house i grew up in was "cheesy on my peeny"

i like the places where you can assign your own security question, because i can make it something like a dumbass inside joke from high school that i will never ever forget and which zero other people will ever understand.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

every time it's:

first pet's name:

lord snarfleface von goodboy, first of his name, eater of snacks, dog of the bowwows and the first pups

or whatever dumb poo poo goes straight from my brain to the password manager. it's madlibs for nerdy adults

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

hence why i have the awkward phone call with the FAA where, after they confirm my identity, they say that the phone number of the house i grew up in was "cheesy on my peeny"

lol

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I started putting security questions’ answers as other passwords in my password manager

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sweevo posted:

somehow this tyre fire of a forum is literally the only site on the internet that doesn't randomly log me out for no reason.

Simplicity is a quality of it's own.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

MononcQc posted:

I started putting security questions’ answers as other passwords in my password manager

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Sweevo posted:

somehow this tyre fire of a forum is literally the only site on the internet that doesn't randomly log me out for no reason.

I think it uses a 1 year expiry. it rules

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

MononcQc posted:

oh this thread is old, nvm, still emptyquoting

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

lol if you're not using a password manager and autogenerating unique passwords for every site and never having to type them. just lol

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Gentle Autist posted:

lol if you're not using a password manager and autogenerating unique passwords for every site and never having to type them. just lol

that’s still using passwords, which is dumb. your password manager should be able to generate a public key for each site. they can then authenticate you without relying on SSL to secure the authentication.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Gentle Autist posted:

in what world are you living that this actually works

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

~Coxy posted:

in what world are you living that this actually works

1pass has been working fine for me for like a decade now

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
there is always 1 out of like 50 users that cant help but gently caress up their 1pass like a child

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

The Management posted:

that’s still using passwords, which is dumb. your password manager should be able to generate a public key for each site. they can then authenticate you without relying on SSL to secure the authentication.

gently caress off with this unixbeard bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Gentle Autist posted:

gently caress off with this unixbeard bullshit

the web of trust will happen any day now