Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

How has Green not gone down yet jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
that was a fun brawl

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh nice, is Hebrert here any good?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

its pretty funny chookgian is fighting other shevchenko

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh nice, is Hebrert here any good?

We haven't really gotten to see much of him but I believe he's still got a lot to work on to catch up to Gilbert. He's fighting Evan Dunham (38 years old, 18-8-1) record next week so I suspect we still won't really know yet even if he has a strong win.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Is it just me or does Antonina seem...unwell?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Which women's division is the best?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ariza posted:

Which women's division is the best?

Atomweight. Or whatever crazy division Gabi Garcia fights in.

Brut fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 31, 2020

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Valentina must hate her sister, she keeps getting her fights with ranked fighters who out class her. Roxanne Modafferi already beat her, and now she's fighting someone ranked even higher than Roxanne.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

10-8? 10-7? Does Shev know how to do literally anything?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

10-8? 10-7? Does Shev know how to do literally anything?

She knows how to yell really loudly as her sister beats girls up, that's about it.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Theres nothing for Antonina to learn from a matchup like this other than she isn't ready. She needs more low ranked match ups to grow.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Antonina is used to provide revenge motivation for Valentina, and that is it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Brut posted:

She knows how to yell really loudly as her sister beats girls up, that's about it.

Weird, I don't remember seeing her at my dojo

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Someone white towel this lady already

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Good lord this is embarrassing for Shevchenko

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Theres nothing for Antonina to learn from a matchup like this other than she isn't ready. She needs more low ranked match ups to grow.

She's 35 years old with about 3 years MMA experience, I doubt she's gonna get that much better.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

A 3rd round. Really good.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I hope she kos Chooky

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Chookagian seemly just chilling out this round

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
30-24?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

It's interesting just how clear the look of disappointed was on Katlyn's face was at the end of the first round when she wasn't able to finish.

Nah third round didn't look like a 10-8 to me.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Do they always play the commercials on ESPN+? I remember it differently, but that might have been Fight Pass.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ariza posted:

Do they always play the commercials on ESPN+? I remember it differently, but that might have been Fight Pass.

Yup, it sucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh drat.

Ariza posted:

Is ESPN+ a separate service you pay for or do you have to pay for ESPN first before you can pay for ESPN+ and then you STILL get ads?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

What an incredibly poor strategic choice.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I hope Dern talks like her toddler in the post fight interview

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Good idea taking the fight to the ground against a top shelf jiu-jitsu fighter

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!

Ariza posted:

Yes, but it's also an ESPN simulcast. When it's ESPN+ only there seem to be slightly fewer ads (I think?). With all the finishes tonight they're having a hard enough time filling time -with- the commercials.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh drat.

Is ESPN+ a separate service you pay for or do you have to pay for ESPN first before you can pay for ESPN+ and then you STILL get ads?

It's a separate service.

If something is being broadcasted on ESPN(TV), and you have a cable provider account with ESPN access, you can typically log in using your cable provider username to view that content for no additional charge, this has nothing to do with ESPN+. (This kind of service is also available for CNN, and many other cable channels)

Also, if you have ESPN+, it will sometimes have things that are being broadcast on ESPN available for viewing.

In both these cases, you're just getting the raw ESPN feed and whatever commercials happen to come with it.

If you're watching an event that is only on ESPN+, those also have commercials, but they're potentially different commercials.

I've mentioned this before but after trying ESPN+ for a month or two when it came out, I've gone back to giving Fightpass $10 a month (or 9? not sure), instead of giving ESPN $5.

Brut fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 31, 2020

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Thanks everyone! Haven't seen commercials in a while and they're all very irritating. gently caress AT&T!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Reminder that Brok Weaver is the only fighter tonight to miss weight at 157.5. Additional reminder that Brok Weaver thought it would be funny to see if his dog could win a fight against his neighbor's dog, he later tried to say that he was joking and his dog actually just got out on his own, but I don't believe it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Brut posted:

Reminder that Brok Weaver is the only fighter tonight to miss weight at 157.5. Additional reminder that Brok Weaver thought it would be funny to see if his dog could win a fight against his neighbor's dog, he later tried to say that he was joking and his dog actually just got out on his own, but I don't believe it.

Which dog won?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I have a third wolf.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Brut posted:

I was already thinking,"gently caress that guy" when I heard the commentators try to claim that missing weight was motivation for him to "prove" something by winning tonight, but after hearing that dog story, seriously gently caress that guy.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Roberts looks fast and has some smooth hands

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Brut posted:

I knew I hated him, but I couldn't remember why. Thanks! Hoping it keeps going like this

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Fighting in a different sized octogon seems like a HUGE deal. I would not be happy about it if I were fighting in it

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Shadow225 posted:

Fighting in a different sized octogon seems like a HUGE deal. I would not be happy about it if I were fighting in it

It happens a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

It happens a lot.

What do you mean?

Anyway I got dragged away to suddenly do tech support, is it worth catching up on the first half of this fight?