Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

You have to do a absolute shitload of janitoring - muting words, muting hot take machines, blocking gigantic pieces of poo poo - and you gotta limit your intake because after a couple minutes of scrolling it will feel like a million people are screaming cacophonously at you, and make sure to never read the replies to anything, because there will be a horde of fuckin nazis replying to literally anything, but it's a cool way to get science pics and important news stuff thrown at you by the actual experts rather than filtered through some journo. Also yeah it is key to never actually yourself tweet.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 31, 2020

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hammerite posted:

do u think he arranged stabling for the horse in advance
dont worry. you never steal a horse to keep it unless you know a guy who can get you a clean horse identification number

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Its for dipshit angry americans like the rest of the internet op

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

gary oldmans diary posted:

dont worry. you never steal a horse to keep it unless you know a guy who can get you a clean horse identification number

riding my hot horse nonchalantly into the chop shop

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

cowofwar posted:

People getting murdered on the streets and the brave upper class stepping in to announce on twitter how they also sometimes feel victimized by random people on the train who look at them funny.

*announces solidarity on twitter with black people
*has never volunteered or engaged in protest
*high fives other privileged people recognizing them for their ten post twitter thread that does nothing for the people actually being hosed over
*buys some junk from amazon

I would link some of this crap but I think it might be doxing and I’m sure everyone’s feed is full of the same thing.

the only thing that separates this from a lovely tweet is $10, hth

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

twitter: provides a platform for important journalism the mainstream news won’t cover, starts labeling false tweets by the president as such

the OP, a totally normal person with no axe to grind: this is insufferable garbage

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Twitter is really bad and it has a way more negative effect on my mental health when I'm dumb enough to use it than any of the other big social media sites

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i follow all of the guys/gals in fyad on twitter they are all hilarious

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I didn't used to think that black lives mattered, but once they photoshopped Rainbow Dash pony into those old MLK protest pictures it really started me thinkin'

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
OP you've convinced me and I have decided to do something about this so-called "Tweeter"

*farts*

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Twitter is really bad and it has a way more negative effect on my mental health when I'm dumb enough to use it than any of the other big social media sites

Eh... twitter's less bad than Facebook.

Facebook pretends to keep you in touch with family and people you know IRL, which is important to some people. Twitter's less focused on IRL networks and is more about following your interests.

Twitter ads are mostly actual companies just trying to remind you they exist. Facebook ads are a loving maelstrom of fraudulent, dodgy scam companies, many based oversees, and that's when it's not outright authoritarian political propaganda.

I know a guy who impulse-bought his girlfriend a glass rose off of a Facebook ad. (:barf:)

It arrived all smashed. He tried to return it, and he got ghosted and had to contest the charge with his credit card. He looked up the address where it shipped from on google maps, and it was some 1200 sq ft house in California. I told him to look up glass roses on Amazon, and he could've got it there for $20 cheaper. :lol:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i bet that glass rose made the two of them v happy

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

I didn't used to think that black lives mattered, but once they photoshopped Rainbow Dash pony into those old MLK protest pictures it really started me thinkin'

Might need to update your meme catalogue. The bronies are Nazis now.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

are bronies really nazis now?

E: i guess, more accurately, these nazis i see have a common ground in my little pony?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Statutory Ape posted:

E: i guess, more accurately, these nazis i see have a common ground in my little pony?

yes but nazi now just means "anyone I don't like"

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Wizard Master posted:

Ah............ so you and Twitter have a lot in common, OP?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Schweinhund posted:

yes but nazi now just means "anyone I don't like"

Nah, a lot of them are literal, self-described nazis - wearing swastika armbands and everything.

2020 is pretty hosed up.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ANUSTART posted:

I uninstalled it last night, after deactivating FB last month. Watching my old irl friends become absolute frothing morons without any ability to fact check over the past few years is too much for me. I followed some funny people but the laughs rarely outdid the overwhelming sense of misery and bullshit on there.

And now you're all alone on your pedestal, congratulations.

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~
idk OP have you seen that account that posts gross toilets cuz that’s a hoot n a half

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Of all the reasons to be mad at one of the largest and most popular websites on the internet, fuming about how it's virtue signalling that the guy who runs your favorite garfield without context account broke character to post "black lives matter" has to be one of the saddest.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Twitter is fine as long as you block the right dumbasses.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i guess its been long enough since three olives posted that we can start to call other things insufferable but ill always cherish the time when that word belonged to him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQLE_RrTSU

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

I found Twitter pretty insufferable before taking a good long look at who I was following. Stop following jagoffs and add a bunch of people who are different from your demographic, learn some poo poo, block vigorously.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
These twitter users with their checkmarks and their memes, they think they're changing the world but I see through their lies. Just sitting at your computer posting about something is less than nothing, you are transfixed by the shadows of plato's cave while I have glimpsed the outside world.

-A guy posting about posting on a dead website alone on a Saturday night

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
counterpoint: Twitter seems to be the place where protests are organized

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hammerite posted:

riding my hot horse nonchalantly into the glue factory

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

There are indeed nazis in that fandom, because the ideal of universal tolerance is extended by a lot of the fans as part of the show's message. Which is weird considering the one thing you get sent to hell for in that show is trying to start a racial conflict for popularity's sake. But then nazis are really, really dumb.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I thought it was kind of weird when Twilight Sparkle started heiling Hitler but never thought too much about it

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i like the twitter where italians get mad at food

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
This is the only Twitter I follow

https://twitter.com/EverythingGoats

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I'm taking my daughters to a BLM protest tomorrow. Did this mean I'm allowed to use the twitters?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The Dregs posted:

I'm taking my daughters to a BLM protest tomorrow. Did this mean I'm allowed to use the twitters?

cops are gassing childrn in the streets unironically rn btw

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Yeah please don't take your kids to a protest.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

There are funny people on twitter but id rather have someone else get brain poisoning while they filter through the poo poo tornado then view them all condensed in PYF.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

AuntBuck posted:

Yeah please don't take your kids to a protest.

this. instead, make twitter accounts for them

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only gassing kids should endure is having their parents fart on them for laughs.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Statutory Ape posted:

cops are gassing childrn in the streets unironically rn btw

Yeah... holy poo poo, dude. Have you seen what these things look like on the news? You might as well throw them in a mosh pit. And then start firing rubber bullets and tear gas cannisters at them.

Like, I get wanting to be involved in a protest for something you believe in, but this a really, really bad idea. At worst, they get hurt, at best, you look like a loving tourist.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The Dregs posted:

im just going to say this again please do not bring your children to these protests

this is not for children, press are being actively targeted and detained by authorities. theyre shooting into medical areas. this is not for children at all.

i have an exceptionally good memory and today i watched a girl thats probably not even in second grade get gassed on the streets in america

nobody needs to remember that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

evilmiera posted:

Twitter is fine as long as you block the right dumbasses