Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

AlternateNu posted:

Ep 2 fell completely flat for me.

Like, hard enough that even with the bonus points from my military background, that I'm about to drop it. Does it get better? Or is ep 2 a good gauge on how the rest of the show plays out?

Episode 2 is terrible (I still haven't watched past it myself...). Like why in the world would you put a loving bottle episode in the 2nd episode of the series?

I could see Space Force being funded by the Pentagon / Space Force. Even though there's some stuff written to be jokes in the episode, none of it (in the 1st 2 episodes) has really been directed at the Space Force, it's all Steve Carrell just not understanding anything and being dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fellatio del Toro posted:

also the first ep has a recurring gag of someone always being in his office when he walks in and then ends with him walking into his office and doing a really cringey song and dance routine and I couldn't tell if the writers are dumb or if it was meant to be some sort of antijoke that they just left chekhov's gun on the mantle for that one

Yea it was pretty odd. Like how did nobody in any screenings go like, "Why is there not someone in his office after this?"

Seems pretty basic, the 1 running joke to have a climax at the end.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, these fuckers actually got Kaitlin Olson to do an episode and still weren't able to make it funny...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I think Disenchantment at least knew what it was going for, and is a pretty decent show.

I'm almost through Space Force and I still can't figure out if they are actually trying to make fun of the Space Force being a thing that exists, or if the show is some sort of weird advertisement for the Space Force...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow 3 pop-ups with Ublock, Jesus christ...