Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

Winner of the "Poor Games Poster" avatar.

I can post if you want, I'll start with the next episode but as a recap up to now which is episode 12 season 1:

I think Girabaldi is my favorite character and then the two senators I forgot their names. episode 12 where Girabaldi gets drunk again was fantastic imho, but maybe a bit too early in the show. other than that though I don't really see too many hanging threads other than the relationship between sinclair and the senate.

that said this show is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

Oh and my gf is out of town for a while so I'm watching a episode a day now

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

Oh is it best to follow this order?

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/eplist.html

I ask because HBO lists Signs and Portents after Survivors instead of By Any Means Neccesary

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Earlier in the thread there's a recommended order for season 1. It doesn't really matter whether you watch that or follow the list on the Lurker's Guide.

CaptainPsyko
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Oh is it best to follow this order?

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/eplist.html

I ask because HBO lists Signs and Portents after Survivors instead of By Any Means Neccesary

Just watch them in airdate order; the fiddling of a list like that is 99% pointless. Your only 'watch order' considerations as a new viewer should be when/if to insert the movies, and the basic answer to that is:

The Gathering first before s1e1

In The Beginning/Thirdspace: Mid/post season 4. (Thirdspace nominally takes place mid season 4, but is unrelated to the events therein, so anytime after 'when it happens' is fine. In the Beginning is a 'prequel'/catchup movie for new viewers coming in to the show late, but will spoil a ton of the first few seasons if watched prior to Mid S4 (post e9 is the typical time if you want to insert both of them, but honestly, after finishing the season is also fine and good, for aforementioned reasons. Neither has any impact on ongoing plot lines, even if viewing them depends on information up to a certain point).

Then, the other movies fall into "Do you really want to do this to yourself?" after finishing season 5. They were all failed attempts at pilots for spinoffs that never took flight (or, in one case, managed to get airborne just long enough to crash horribly with a midseason cancellation).

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

Okie dokie thanks.

CaptainPsyko
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Also, if you're truly a masochist and watch the failed launch that is Crusade, yeah, look up an episode order because the network hosed it all to hell, but also, you're literally watching an unfinished half season of a tv show, so....

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

Where can I find the original air order? I read a few things saying that the order on HBO Max is really wacked

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The series is on Amazon prime and they list the episodes in the original air order.

There are switches you should make in season two and season five, but you can worry about those later.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Where can I find the original air order? I read a few things saying that the order on HBO Max is really wacked

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Babylon_5_episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainPsyko
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ultrafilter posted:

The series is on Amazon prime and they list the episodes in the original air order.

There are switches you should make in season two and season five, but you can worry about those later.

A quick google indicates that HBO Max has done some fuckery https://b5remasterissues.wordpress.com/the-ugly/episode-order-changes/

I don't think any of the changes HBO did are going to matter much either; a casual new viewer is mostly just fine letting the streaming service do it's thing here, I suspect. Just be aware that episode numbering will not be a helpful way to know where your signposts are for trying to discuss things; stick to titles. (For seasons 1/2)