Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

I don't really have anything to say, except that it's a real joy seeing people's first-time reactions. B5 is an amazing show and I think it gets overlooked because people who haven't see it are too quick to dismiss it as a cheap-looking Star Trek knockoff when it's so much better than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

B5 doesn't have episodes about annoying kids, or episodes where everyone minces around in the holodeck because the actors got bored of being in a sci-fi show. So B5 is automatically better than all Star Trek.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

As long as you don't read the pages for episodes you haven't watched, the Lurker's Guide has no spoilers.

Eh, yes and no. I think it's worth a read (either after you've watched the entire show, or maybe between series), but I wouldn't read it after each episode. You're right that there are no outright "this is what happens..." type spoilers, but some of the comments/speculation hit a bit too close to home, and maybe because the site is curated/compiled after the fact some of those comments stand out more than they should because a lot of the wilder and incorrect speculation has been edited out. Also JMS was quite active in the community and occasionally dropped hints like "maybe pay attention to X <wink>" which aren't literal spoilers, but get very close to the line sometimes.

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 18, 2021