Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Yeah, it's explicitly getting the food before it spoils that's the issue.

Also quarantine for organic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The curse talk is such vacuous bollocks. B5 was made with a cast largely comprised of people in their 40s, with addictions or underlying conditions. A quarter of a century ago. It's no wonder some of them are dead.

For comparison, Star Trek TOS was made with a cast largely comprised of people in their 30s, half a century ago. It's no wonder some of them are alive.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

TheAardvark posted:

S2E21 - Comes the Inquisitor

Not sure how they got the message back from Narn in 24 hours using the rangers, also. Seems impossible without so-far unheard of tech. Even the psychic link we saw from the Centauri Emperor wouldn't help with a video feed.

Ivanova was calling earth in season 1. They clearly have ftl communications. Centauri are probably jamming all signals from Narn

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

It looks like itíd be hell to wear. Iíve been vaguely looking at Kosh cosplay possibilities in the last couple of weeks, and doing a breakdown of what itíd require. Basically youíre putting a lot of weight on your shoulders, and thatís less than ideal.

Put the head and shoulders on a broom an make a taller cloak.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

I will take any B5 CGI over the vomit inducing BSG shaky-cam. Also I hope there is a special place in hell for whoever had the idea to fast forward the whole episode during intro.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

mllaneza posted:

For a remaster you can add polygons to the models, pixels to the textures, logic to the shaders, but don't you dare touch the composition or animation.

The main thread has a bunch of clips where exactly this has been done.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

3. Why can't the telepath tell why someone doesn't like her? I mean, having telepathy and all. (Addendum, later on: oh, so I guess she has to touch a person to read them.)

They have rules. No scanning without permission.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

discoukulele posted:

• I haven't mentioned it before, but I love how tense it is that they're just sitting right next to a gate that anything could pop out of at any time.

Think of the gate as the door to your house. There are more ways in than just the door.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

Powered Descent posted:

s01e14 - By Any Means Necessary
  • I also have an astronomical quibble with the ending of the B plot. The light-years thing may work from a timing perspective, but the light reaching them just then still wouldn't be the same light that touched (or at least grazed) the mountain unless the star, planet and station all happened to precisely line up at the exact correct moment. I don't know, maybe I'm just misunderstanding the phrase "the sunlight that has touched the mountain", and the timing is good enough. And it's implied that no one had thought of this technicality before, so it's likely there's no official theological ruling on it anyway and they're just kind of playing it by ear. So yeah, quibble withdrawn.

You are trying to make sense of religion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

Most prominently in episode 17 when she resolves the tension of some warrior caste bigshot causing trouble by just dragging him into a room and using her authority to just order him to stop and apologize.
A Star Trek fan clubs are weird