Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Don’t do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Thirdspace is somewhere in the middle of S4, like 9 or 10 episodes in. In the Beginning after S4, River of Souls after S5 and A Call to Arms after that. Watch Legend of the Rangers never and Voices in the Dark after that.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

I haven’t seen that lotr sequence since it came out. Incredibly it’s actually much worse than I remember.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

discoukulele posted:

Nice. My friend has been rewatching it and keeps telling me how good it is and how much he thinks I'll like it. I tend to prefer shows that are more serialized than episodic, and it sounds like it gets more into that area later on from what I understand.

It doesn’t necessarily have a running story, more of a consistent setting and theme. It’s basically that Simpsons joke about how everything will be back to normal next week until about the last dozen episodes or so. I don’t rate it at all but despite its flaws it’s watchable because of some of the actors involved - Jeffrey Combs and Andrew Robinson in particular steal every scene they’re in.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

DS9 certainly cribbed a lot from B5 but a bunch of that HUGE LIST OF MASSIVE SPOILERS are essentially generic sci-fi plot beats. You could probably do the same with Stargate vs Voyager if you squinted a little.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

CainFortea posted:

So a victorian era lovely version of a fig newton.

I haven’t had one in years but not really.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

jng2058 posted:

"Babylon 5 for the First Time" just hit Coming of Shadows and their reactions are priceless. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WFvD97FPM

I tried to watch these guys because who doesn’t want more babylon5-related content to listen to. Bearded navy guy often comes out with some insightful commentary but dollar store Kenny Powers is just super insufferable. I didn’t make it too far.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Which looked a lot better on a 22 inch CRT through broadcast television.

Pretty sure whatever they did for the recent version that was on HBO (or perhaps it happened as far back as the DVDs) ruined those shots. The texture was very fluid back when it was originally aired.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, it struck me as weird when I saw that scene recently because I'm pretty sure it's 100% CG so should have been fine. If I had anything that would play my old R2 DVDs I'd check them. Alas.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

2x12: Acts of Sacrifice

Yeah, that scene is not good. It wasn't good back then either. Just a weird decision all round.

The Lumati as a Starfleet stand-in were great fun though.
Poor G'Kar.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

drat, I had forgotten about that. :(

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

S03E04: Passing Through Gethsemane appears to be something of a marmite episode; it's one of my favorites. I can imagine it coming across as overly hokey without Brad Dourif being cast as Brother Edward but I think he manages to straddle the line perfectly. He's one of those brilliant actors who are somehow able to completely become their character, no matter how small the part - absolute all time great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

5x21: Objects at Rest

I've never seriously questioned this series' writing, because it's always been so excellent. But I do have to question the resolution (?) of Lennier's character arc here. It is said that during a crisis, you show who you really are; Lennier's hesitation during the coolant leak is not what I question, but his willingness to let Sheridan die. I just don't find that believable given what we know about Lennier. Now I see why Bill Mumy had problems with Lennier's characterization this season: they turned him into an incel and It doesn't ring true for me.

100%. People always say the telepath cult is the worst thing about season 5 but it’s absolutely this.