Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

This is my favorite show that has ever existed, enjoy your blind watch, you are incredibly lucky to have this opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

Season four of Babylon five is the best television that ever aired.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

if that's your reaction to a throwaway season 1 episode then this thread is going to get insanely good

yeah that dude's gonna get his nuts rankled

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

quote:

Something else I like is that despite having a big cast they only show the people necessary.

This wasn't something I really noticed until my most recent re-watch but I think it's huge. If a character is there it's because that character should be there for that plot. It's okay if they're not in an episode. They have other poo poo to do and it's ok for an episode to not shoehorn everyone into every thing. It feels far more natural and credible and means characters are rarely (if ever!) "out of character".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

Also, traditionally the Babylon 5 thread has been incredibly careful about spoilers for new watchers, for a show that's like over 25 years old. We have blind watch is fairly often but it's much easier and better for everyone to have them consolidated so we can all enjoy them together

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

quote:

I like that there are obviously large backstories informing the actions of people here and excited that I am going to experience it! For example I have not forgotten that one of the Babylon stations just vanished for no reason. I love stories that involve something huge of that nature and am hoping that it does get expanded upon in the future!

*tears hair out* m-maybe

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

MonsieurChoc posted:

Honestly, pretty much everything JMS did after Babylon 5 sucked.

But B5 is great.

Changeling is a truly remarkable movie and one of my favorites.

e: for nerds: it's not about "changelings", it's about a real historical event where the police were absolute fuckers and it resulted in very bad real things :smith:

quote:

Changeling is a 2008 American mystery crime drama film directed, produced, and scored by Clint Eastwood and written by J. Michael Straczynski,[1] that explores child endangerment, female disempowerment, political corruption, mistreatment of mental health patients, and the repercussions of violence. The script was based on real-life events, specifically the 1928 Wineville Chicken Coop Murders in Mira Loma, California. The film stars Angelina Jolie as a woman united with a boy who she realizes is not her missing son. When she tries to demonstrate this to the police and city authorities, she is vilified as delusional, labeled as an unfit mother, and confined to a psychiatric ward.

Working in 1983 as a special correspondent for the now defunct TV-Cable Week magazine, Straczynski first encountered the story of Christine Collins and her son from a Los Angeles City Hall contact.[2] Over the ensuing years he kept researching the story, but never felt he was ready to tackle it.

Pick fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 4, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

maybe rename the thread something like Babylon 5 Newbie Nature Preserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

pentyne posted: