Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

Rise and shine, master leprechaun.

Sad King Billy posted:

Ah, a misunderstanding on my part. Not sure if what I put constitutes a spoiler but it's gone just to be on the safe side.

I sense the rule has been that you should spoiler tag it with episode number if it's about an already watched episode, not even spoiler tags are good enough for unwatched content. and don't overfocus on already discussed things that might hint at relevance.

And since I just caught up with the thread

S3e10

When I was a kid I thought delenn's "he is behind me, you are in front of me, if you value your lives be somewhere else" was one of the most badass moments I'd ever seen, and I was disappointed that the_doctor didn't pick it for his quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

I wonder about the remastered branding. From my understanding they did do something to make it look better but I suspect people will see that and expect a full HD treatment like TNG got and be disappointed.

TNG got what?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

My god there's no way to talk about that post without the potential for spoiling something.

I'm doing my best but Attn the_doctor: DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER

yeah I think we'll keep this in the other thread

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 13, 2021

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

nobody ever listens to zathras

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

Whybird posted:

It always entertained me how the restriction on TKO was "no humans". Like, every single other alien race was fine, but humans specifically weren't allowed to play. It's as if the international wrestling community all unanimously agreed that the Welsh weren't allowed to take part.

So it's a stretch but there's a way to make that make sense.

Did you know that human skeletal muscles(i.e. normal muscles) are missing a key protein present is most other land mammals? There's a hypothesis that it got selected out to make the jaw smaller, allowing for bigger brains.

In general our strength to muscle mass ratio is much lower than a chimpanzee's.

So maybe humans are the only species with that weakness, hence lenier casually lifting a 200 pound guy off the ground with one arm

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

Why would they send the two most important people into a unknown cavern???

Because star trek set the rules on how sci fi away teams work.

Hell, even halo, an entirely military themed franchise, had capital ship captains go get themselves captured by going on stupid away missions they weren't qualified for on multiple occasions.

Spoilered because thread is strict, but I think there's nothing plot relevant in my post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

RedSnapper posted:

Maybe not? By their own admission the entire thing is meant to be arbitrary and devoid of any deeper meaning. There's no class, nation or race division involved - - just the color you randomly pulled from a box

Which is the not at all subtle point. Do you think what side of an invisible line you're born on is any less arbitrary a way to determine friends and enemies?