Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

So long as you all leave the season/episode numbers unspoiled, while spoiling the descriptions/reactions, I think youíre all good in perpetuity and donít have to work about catching or syncing up with each other.

Watching new viewers come into the show on their own is great, and walls of black spoiler text donít phase previous viewers in the slightest.

Have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

TheAardvark posted:

Honestly, I don't like writing the kind of long thoughts the other posters are doing. I have a lot of the same thoughts but I watch most of my TV with people around so I just stick to what's going on on the screen.

I'm gonna resume my watching at my own schedule and probably watch way ahead of them, but I will spoiler it all appopriately. I was a couple episodes behind The_Doctor and I absolutely loved reading their posts. (The_Doctor, preferred pronouns?)
Donít stop posting, brief posts are great! Especially in conjunction with the longer form posts from the others.

This show is one of the earliest and best examples that combine procedural and serial plots. Pontifications of where things are going globally are just as good as focusing on specific scenes and interactions.

So long as you spoiler and label properly, post all your thoughts on things as they happen. TVIV will loving love every word of it and in a few weeks youíll be able to join us.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Obviously. But at what point does someone adopt the designation of his or her new home instead of the one he or she is born in? If I was born in Chicago and move to Dallas, when can I start calling myself a Texan? A year? Four years? Ten years? When I have a Texan accent from assimilation? Never? And if the answer is anything besides "never", why can't someone apparently born and raised in Newcastle be considered Welsh if she's lived there a long time?
If a cat has kittens in the oven, you don't call 'em biscuits.