Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

discoukulele posted:

Hey y'all! This has been a really hectic week, so I haven't really had time to watch any more episodes. But, I just did my re-watch of episode 16 and 17, and I'll likely do some more tonight. I'm really excited about heading in to the homestretch of Season 3!

My god what an amazing set of episodes. Totally mindblowing. I can't imagine how B5 is going to top this, and I'm really looking forward to where things are going now.

No actual spoilers, just:
SEASON FOUR SAYS HELLO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
For movies:

In the Beginning was a prequel designed to help get new viewers up to speed, because the show changed networks between Season 4 and Season 5. As I understand it, the way the new network aired things was: In the Beginning, The Gathering, and then just a marathon of Seasons 1 through 4, before starting to show Season 5 weekly. It's well-designed for that purpose. I'd watch it between Season 4 and Season 5. (That's where I watch it when going through the series.) Sometimes people suggest watching it first, before the whole show, because it was made to hook people, but it also massively spoils things because it was made on the understanding that those people would be watching Season 5 in a few weeks.

Thirdspace was aired between S5E17 and S5E18, but technically takes place during Season 4. But here's why: they just got all the actors who were available to do a TV movie, and then figured out "when were all these characters actually on the station at the same time?" and it turns out that's somewhere in the first half of Season 4. It doesn't fit into the S4 story at all. I'd watch it either when it aired in S5, or just after Season 5 if you want some more Babylon 5 in your life.

The River of Souls apparently aired just before the end of S5. (Thirdspace aired in July 1998 during a hiatus; River of Souls was in November, right in the middle of the show's last five episodes. Weird.) I always think of it as taking place after the show is over, and wouldn't put off finishing Season 5 to watch River of Souls. I remember kind of liking the movie. It has Martin Sheen!

A Call to Arms is the pilot for Crusade. Watch it if you're interested in Crusade. Also, if you're interested in Crusade, look up something about episode order. There was significant meddling in the structure of Crusade, and the best way to watch the episodes is not the order in which the network broadcast them.

The Legend of the Rangers was meant to be a pilot for a new show. I have never in my life been drunk enough to watch The Legend of the Rangers.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

[Redacted pending review.]

VVV Uh, fair. I'm unsure where to consider The Line to be and may have stepped over The Line. My apologies.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 16, 2021