Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh yeah! I love this show and wish it was on Netflix.

I will follow along for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The bad set quality and CG doesn't take away from the story imho. There's a long tradition of shows that look like poo poo having great acting/stories.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

One of the great things about B5 is the characters. I'm on the edge of my seat to see if the blind watchers will like the characters I like.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Honestly, pretty much everything JMS did after Babylon 5 sucked.

But B5 is great.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

adhuin posted:

I still love the Jeremiah. a Very underrated post-apocalyptic show.

Isn't it based on an eurocomic? I haven't watched the show but I read some of the books way back and there probably wasn't an episode named Afromerica.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

S1E09 - Deathwalker! <starts punching>

“A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles.”

Ooh, Koshenanigans! I love his encounter suit, and am pondering the practicalities of doing it as cosplay. :3: I like the notion that Kosh is a party animal outside of being mysterious. The brain reveal at the end of the conference was remarkably icky and right up my body horror alley. The only thing that didn’t jibe well was Talia’s conversation with Sinclair and Garibaldi. She tells them that Kosh basically prodded her mind to recall the most fearful experience of her life and the guys are just ‘lol that wacky vorlon’.

Man, Na’Toth just starts wailing on that woman. Starts punching, stops, grabs a tool and carries on harder. Jha’dur’s costume is very samurai, but looks good.

So Earth (and others) fought the Dilgar (and others) 30 years ago and the Minbari 10 years ago. Any more wars I’ve missed? I liked the deliberations of how the past casts long shadows on the politics of today, alliances, enemies, genocide, and trying to stop history repeating. And then it is reduced to virtually a playground argument as an adult steps in and just clears the board in one stroke, citing the much bigger picture at hand.

Garibaldi’s tiny strip of hair bothers me greatly.

We need more Na'Toth in the real world.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I love O'Neil cylinders, I think they're neat.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, I kind of miss the mix of episodic with long plots we used to get in the 90s/2000s.

Not that they were well executed, most of the time they weren't. But when they did it well you got stuff like Babylon 5 or Millennium.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

S1E20 - "Babylon Squared"

Here's the usual Sci-Fi wankery over humans' unique strengths. I'm sorry, I'm never a big fan of this. Humans are the only race that has emotions and cares and it makes them the most powerful blah blah blah.

Oh yeah same.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Polaron posted:

Tiny thing: Vorlon, not Zorlon.

Zordon from Power Rangers is a lost Vorlon CONFIRMED.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

No one listens to Zathras. :smith:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Groke posted:

B5 was the lower-budget last-ditch effort thrown together in a hurry after B1 - B4 burned down, fell over, and/or sank into the swamp, after all.

Out there, there's an engineer really mad that the only Babylon station to survive was the one where they had to compromise their designs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

my list is every alien in the show followed by every human in the show

Honestly, that's me with most sci-fi series.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Mira Furlan was also a very experienced stage actor. Babylon 5 is basically what happens when the theater kids get a budget and special effects.

Not a big budget. Just, you know, a budget.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Katsulas is such a great actor. Why wasn't he in more stuff?

Same with Jurasik.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

The only thing I’ve been mad at is no-one picked up on my excellent ‘G’quanspeed’ pun I did in an earlier review.

Oh man that's a good one.

I love dumb puns.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

This is why I've decided that SHADOW WAR is only properly written in ALL CAPS.

SHADOW WAR

Sounds like a Shatner novel.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Well, he's always been here after all.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

this line is from an episode only I have gotten to FYI

I thought it was from end of season 1, edited.

That'll teach me for trying to be funny.