Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TraderStav posted:

We mentioned this in the other thread, but stay out of that B5 thread until you've finished the series. You do NOT want to come across spoilers and ruin this experience for yourselves.

The B5 thread is one of the most pure and good threads on these dumb forums.

Come join us when you’re done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I remember HATING Sheridan after the first episode of season 2.

He shared a lot of mannerisms with my worst bully at school (yay high school) and it triggered me hard. He had this whole “I’m the golden child” thing going on and just insta rage.

I’m not going to comment on if that feeling changed or not.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This is the episode that made me like Sheridan.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheAardvark posted:

One thing I keep coming back to, since the first full assembly scene, is just how much costume/make-up work all of that must have required. There's like 20 people in full prosthetic. I wonder how big the staff was for that on B5 compared to other shows - I guess Star Trek had a bigger budget, but still.

I seem to remember that a lot of those full costumes were permanent pieces that were attached to/draped over/placed on the actors whole or in large parts, thus reducing the amount of actual makeup time.

The Narn and Minbari had it the worst, in that they were actual makeup and took hours to prep. Stuff like the Pak'ma'ra were more like Halloween costumes that the actors just put on, and then were touched up as necessary.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hope and vaseline posted:

I just started watching What We Do in the Shadows and someone here mentioned the similarities between Vir and Guillermo and they are dead on, it's so good

Gonna tackle this over in the Elder Races thread, I think.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The_Doctor posted:

S3ep2 - Convictions

Not many fishes
Left in the sea
Not many fishes
Just Londo and me.

I love the concept of B5 now being a place of pilgrimage after several races saw a holy being there. Oh, you crazy Vorlons. The monks from Arthur C Clarke’s ‘The Nine Billion Names of God’ showing up is an interesting side note.

Zach’s still wearing the Night Watch band? I thought he walked away from that.

Bombs! Zack’s security colleague seemed very laidback about an explosion going off in Down Below. Mate, this is a space station, that’s sort of something you should be concerned about. Carlson is that tired trope of angry insane loner who SHOUTS A LOT because he’s mad as hell and isn’t going to etc. Ho hum.

Londo is making it very hard to hate him when he’s being lovely and sitting with Lennier. But then for the whole first minute of coming round after the lift explosion, he completely ignores G’kar, not even looking at him. That said, the lift scene is amazing, not least for G’kar’s hilarious tiny voice “ᵂᵉ'ʳᵉ ᶦⁿ ʰᵉʳᵉ” mocking Londo. God, they’re so good together. :allears: G’Kar’s little ‘no!’ when they’re found is so funny.

Not a great episode, but the good parts are much enlivened by Londo and G’kar once more. Shame the plot happening around them is so dull.

NB: Garibaldi calls Morishi Jay at one point, but Jay is the laidback one at the beginning. :confused:

The elevator scene is my personal favorite scene in the entire series. It so perfectly encapsulates the two characters and you need virtually no context to understand it. I've used it as a hook to draw in 3-4 new viewers over the years.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The_Doctor posted:

I just found this in a box at home. I have the vaguest memory of it being in a collection of trading cards my dad bought once.

Wow. The shrunken-down version totally looked (to me) like someone photoshopped Ivanova onto a Crucifixion painting. The halo, the pose, everything.

I never noticed that visual parallel before now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Vir is such a good character.