Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
e: wrong thread

i kind of like the vibe of just dropping a random post about lotr metaphysics here at this point though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Angry Salami posted:

I love how ugly Earth ships are in the show; there's a real brutal functionality to them and the starfuries compared to the elegant lines of the Minbari cruisers and fighters, or the organic shapes of the Vorlon ships; it really emphasizes just how far behind the older races humans are.

It's excellent at conveying that Earth is behind in tech compared to the other races, but still able to project meaningful force. The O'Neill cylinders are great for this, because they dominate the design with a known practical solution to a problem that is usually handwaved in scifi, but all the aliens get to use a handwave.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

sebmojo posted:

This is a rigorous spoiler free zone for our newbie b5 friends, so nothing about future stuff please, even in spoilers. The B5 thread over in TVIV is a free fire zone so head over there if you want to discuss.

at this time, we cannot comment on the existence or potential significance of a hyperspace joe biden

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Unkempt posted:

Yeah, I think that was what they were going for and I certainly don't think we're supposed to believe anyone there approved of their actions, but the implication here is that people on Bab 5 are allowed to murder, rape, torture or enslave anyone (of their own species) as long as they've got a religion that says it's OK. I'm going to be 'that guy' and suggest that actually that's a bit poo poo.

edit: I guess they could get kicked off the station? That's still a little bit poo poo.

I mean, they could turn them over to the relevant authority. That's their own people. Who say that what they did was not only okay, but expected.