Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Pipkin is getting a new friend a little more than a week from now. Any guesses? Might be able to guess from some of my old posts and this picture. First right answer gets some cute pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Is that a yardbird under the other chair?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sure looks like a parrot cage to me.

It is a parrot cage but that's not it. Imgur is absolutely not letting me upload so good thing no one guessed it yet. The pictures are reeeeaaaally cute tho

I've been looking for a cage for a few months now and I'm so glad no one responded to the ads from the other ones. This is the biggest and well made one I found not to mention stainless steel for $350. Total score.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

A skunk.

Nope, don't need a cage for them.

Hint: they're from South America

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Pointyer and longer/skinnyer, excellent climber

For rap I've been on an Immortal Technique kick recently, Revolutionary Vol2 is incredible.

Billy Woods as well, Hiding Places and Known Unknowns are so good.

Tons of Logic too. I've been rotating the three for a while now.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet check out the video for DJ Shadows Nobody Speak, it's great and RTJ makes an appearance

https://youtu.be/NUC2EQvdzmY

Agreed about RTJ, I just discovered them not too long ago and been digging them

Busdriver is legit too, his stuff is eclectic and and all over the place, this song kicks rear end and has Aesop Rock in it

https://youtu.be/lTxDEu1mw68

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Did you get a goddamn binturong?

Close enough! a coatimundi. Used to have 2 of them when I lived in Florida and they're awesome and I missed them. I found a rescue I really wanted a week ago or so but they never responded. Then right after that I got an email from a baby list I signed up for sometime last year that they had 2 litters ready to go. I put a deposit on her right away. The breeder is in Texas and the original plan was to ship by plane but they aren't doing that right now because of the virus. Then I found out there are businesses thats like uship for pets. They are picking her up on the 9th and should be here the 11th. I haven't raised a baby anything since my last new skunk in 2005 and I'm beyond excited.

For some reason I can't upload the pictures to imgur or flikr and have been trying since I made the first post, imgur is still on the upload screen right now so I had to leech them, sorry if they are huge I can't tell on my phone

Her name's Montana but I'm definitely changing it. I have a list of potential names but I won't know until I get her. It's going to be a long week though I have plenty to do to get stuff ready like build platforms and branches and fun stuff in the cage plus coati proof the house cause it's like having a forever 2 year old that can climb everything.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

casque posted:

I want to like Immortal Technique but he's such a homophobic misogynist.

Yea that's true though You Never Know kinda shows he can be not misogynistic sometimes. No excuse for the homophobia but I'm a fag and I can overlook it because I agree a poo poo ton with his politics and views on humanity

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

The guy that is picking her up will be sending pictures and updates every 3 hours during the ride and I'll repost them here for some cuteness during the massive poo poo that's going on right now.

If Yellowstone explodes before I get my baby I'll be so mad. I've been terrified of that happening since I saw a documentary on it like 15 years ago. Please let me have just this one thing before I die

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I just paid the balance on my baby so sorry if Yellowstone explodes everyone

It wasn't supposed to rain at all here in the next few days and I got done with work at 7:30 last night so I left my mower outside on the trailer and it rained

I'm very thankful my problems are this small. Well Yellowstone is a biggy but all of our current problems will be small if that happens

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ooh, ooh, avocados are gross

You MONSTER

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

LloydDobler posted:

Autopilot's a bitch. I used to drink a Snapple every morning where I'd shake it up and take the lid off. Once just before I drank it I got interrupted and had to get up and do something. So when I sat back down, I picked it up and shook it. All over my workstation and pants.

I did that with hershy syrup one time and there's still a line of it on my light fixture and ceiling since trying to wipe it would just ruin the ceiling

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I found this picture of one of the breeders own coatis and I hope it's one of the parents of mine cause sitting like that is funny as poo poo

And some of their other baby pics

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The three other cops have been arrested and the original piece of poo poo got upgraded to 2nd degree murder

loving AWESOME, finally

I don't know what to do about one of my friends. A friend I've known my entire life, we grew up together from kids, he sat with me and my mom the day before she died. Like this dude is like a brother to me.

Last time we hung out he admitted he likes trump and actually thinks he's smart, right after I said anyone that likes trump is either stupid as gently caress or mean spirited. I had no idea before I said that that he thought those things. This guy spent weeks at occupy Wall Street camps. I just don't understand at all, he just had a kid and he wants him to grow up in a trump world? What the flying gently caress. I didn't say anything while we were still hanging out that day because I was absolutely dumbfounded with his view. I've been ignoring his calls and texts ever since but man it's hard to do, I'm heartbroken with the situation. If I do talk to him I will most likely say some things I can't take back so I'm letting it fester as of right now.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

They just sent me some more baby pics :3:

Supposed to get here in a week and I apologise in advance for the amount of pictures I will be posting

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

2020 is beginning to redeem itself

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea you know what they did with the tear gas is ban it for non-emergency then qualify the protests as emergency, motherfucker loving fuckass fucks

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

bandman posted:

Nice, those tires are probably old as poo poo though. Michelin hasn’t made that type in quite some time, iirc. Cooper makes a good all-terrain that isn’t terribly expensive.

I've got the Cooper at3s on mine and they aren't good in mud, got my truck buried to the frame on grass trying to pull my stuck mower out, 4wd with a rear locker. Had to rescue it with my tractor. I don't do rock crawling but they might be good for that since the 3 is for the sidewall and they are stiff as all hell. They are also really good on road, quiet and smooth, truck handles great for a truck and they look cool.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i can support this

edit: as a rural new englander r*tard is part of my patrimony but i've mostly given it up because it is not very nice and people are offended by it! it's ok to stop saying things that offend people!

I know I used it as a pejorative for the last time like a week ago. I was telling my friend about a person I know who does a lot of dumb things and said it. His wife has a sister who is literally mentally retarded and we we just talking about her like 5 minutes before. I felt like such a piece of poo poo and apologized a lot. I still feel like a piece of poo poo now so Im not going to use it any more except to describe engine timing, etc.

The guy picking up my baby is in Austin right now and getting her in an hour :kimchi:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

meatpimp posted:

You know, I walk a line with pejoratives. I've got an autistic son and the number of times "autist" is used as a pejorative rivals that of a lot of other words. It's kinda cringy from my point of view, so I don't make an issue of it, but I can see both sides, since both terms (and others) fall under the "developmental disabilities" umbrella.

Good luck with your baby delivery!

Autist especially on these here forums too though it seems to have gone away somewhat.

First baby update, checking out the house I thought she would like to hide in. He said he's going to get her some blankets too. I can see why this guy has rave reviews for pet moving

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

:3:

So what's the deal with this guy? There's a bunch of people over there who just courier animals around for people? It's something I've never actually thought about.

Yea me neither but there is, it's called citizenshipper and it's like uship for animals. I got on the breeders waiting list last year and the plan was to ship by plane but because of covid they aren't doing that right now. When I got the babies ready email I was so bummed since I had been waiting for so long until I found the pet delivery services by car. I haven't been just waiting on that list I wanted another one since my partner got the coatis (I got more of the skunks) when we broke up in 2008. They are a ton of work which also makes them really fun pets so I was waiting until I would have the time for one.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

New baby pic! She's eating and sleeping well so I know she isn't stressed. The guy is taking exceptional care of her which helps with my anxiety about it. I should be able to sleep tonight

He sent another pic while I was posting that one :3:

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 10, 2020

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Holy poo poo I never knew all that stuff about marky mark :stare:

Have an upside-down in hammock peekaboo shot

I should join slack, I miss the irc days of talking to everyone. Can't do discord since that's my secret life

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Baby update! Still adorable

Wanted to see what the X-one does flat out

https://youtu.be/sIBmwckXiKw

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I named her Stormy and I'm in love

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Those carbs are fine, they are so cheap and work the same I never rebuild small carbs anymore, not worth my time.

She slept with me all night in all different spots around my head :3:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

STR posted:

So I'm sure this comes as a huge surprise to anyone that's been around awhile, but I have a severe drinking problem. It's gone through the loving roof post-breakup. It's back at the point where I need medical intervention, otherwise I'm Shaky McShakerson with hallucinations and random seizures, and my heart trying to pound its way out of my chest. Add an RX benzo to that and it's severe bad news bears.

I guess I'll see you guys in a few weeks? Roommate is taking me to the ER now. Depending how it's handled I might be able to keep my phone and keep shitposting. Or not, if they ship me off to a mental hospital.

Oh poo poo man had no idea you were currently drinking. You got this man, good luck and we're all rooting for you!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Here's a little under 6 minutes of Stormy doing stuff

https://youtu.be/IbBJisUFkFw

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Not helping puppy fever but that thing is :3:

Yea I was having the baby fever for while and I had to cave. You should do it

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Oh my god that's hilarious, I didn't even realize the first pic was a kitten

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Gorsuch will be the only good thing to come out of this administration. Also 6-3 is huge especially for the amount of conservative picks in the SC right now. This ruling is big and I hope orange baby man gets real mad

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Also baby update, play hard sleep hard

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Does anyone know a good place to put short webms or mp4s? Imgur app just completely stopped working for me and youtube is just bulky for a quick video. I've got a few adorable ones that are like 20-30 seconds

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Does this work if you don't have insta?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBb0w7PjV-hzkVIHIdy15EwPdwIcDkBDPLjFmI0/?igshid=6voudam099ye

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

opengl128 posted:

I use streamable.com for stuff like that. Super lightweight and simple.

Sweet thanks, I'd just like it to embed so it's easy to watch

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Elviscat posted:

It doesn't, it does give me your full name though.

Thanks I took it out.

Tried streamable but the embed code won't parse, I'll try again

Nope

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Link instead

https://streamable.com/7oanu0

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Another one of her playing with her John Deere

https://streamable.com/ja0dmy

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Chris Thile just announced that Live from Here is over because of the virus, not coming back. Said too much damage had been done to live music. Really, really sad about this, I listened every weekend and found so much new music from the show. Disappointed it won't be back even after stuff gets better.

https://twitter.com/JasonIsbell/status/1272951153261785091?s=19

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Stormy outside for some exercise, she follows me everywhere and it's turbo adorable

https://streamable.com/y9bl5c

e: wrong link

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Ferremit posted:

Sees Americans talking about alcohol rules and pricing: Laughs in Australian

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_90220/basil-hayden-s-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whiskey-750ml

So how did everyone elses day go today? Mine went great. I'd like to speak to 2020's manager and request a refund.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4yYwyg7O5w

RIP bullbar. You survived 9 years, 14 kangaroos, One Fallow deer only to be felled by some dingus thinking he was Carlos Sainz in a loving Nissan Pulsar.

Initial assessment is that hes bent the bullbar, which is a replacement, bent the side step, which is a replacement, took chunks out of the rim and tyre, which are both replacements, dented the quarter panel, smashed up the dust cover on the hub, dented a wheel nut and has done SOMETHING to the steering cos now driving in a straight line the wheel is at 10-11 oclock and if you rock the steering back and forth with the engine off theres a major clunking from the rack, so the thought from the local wheel alignment guy is that its damaged the rack. Easily $10K worth of damage.

Issue might be getting parts, We'll have to see what the availability is and that could blow the repair time frame out by weeks...

drat that sucks, 10k won't total it will it? It has to be fixable I hope, such a great truck.