Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Krakkles posted:

Black Lives Matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Elviscat posted:

It's stupid, but rioting and destroying poo poo often gets results more quickly than peaceful demonstrations, look at Stonewall or the Boston Massacre.

exactly, peaceful protests are mostly ignored

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Wrar posted:

Hello hiphop friends, may I suggest Denzel Curry?

Also because I'm a giant nerd I really like Busdriver, Aesop Rock, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Kool Keith.

Cannibal Ox

Wu Tang and lots of it's associate projects/are good poo poo.

Kendrick Lamar has some serious bangers (see D.N.A.).

I appreciate the 80s stuff but I don't really like the production that much and I really prefer ~93+ hiphop.

I'm kind of a technical/production slut in general for music.

denzel owns

ratm cover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4ywyFXdik

diet_:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scsUaLWex70

casque posted:

I want to like Immortal Technique but he's such a homophobic misogynist.

but he did throw lin manuel miranda into a dumpster in highschool :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

jonathan posted:

I guess. I'd rather be a piece of poo poo than dead from a brick to the head.

nobody is bricking anyone gently caress right off

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Remember there's only one party trying to pass legislation to legalize hitting protestors with cars

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Prong Song posted:

How insane is it that we've come to a position where someone is trying to justify a mob of people blocking the road as being completely innocent of any wrongdoing?

How far into extremes of hypothetical examples do we have to go before you, just maybe, admit that a group of people trying to prevent others from going about their lawful, normal business and travel should be prevented from doing so?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Jesus, how the gently caress is this dude still allowed to post in SA at all.

lol they only closed FYAD like 3 months ago and it was realllly bad

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

LloydDobler posted:

Autopilot's a bitch. I used to drink a Snapple every morning where I'd shake it up and take the lid off. Once just before I drank it I got interrupted and had to get up and do something. So when I sat back down, I picked it up and shook it. All over my workstation and pants.

haha leaving the lid on top of something and not securing it is the absolute loving worst poo poo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Prong Song posted:

Those calling for mass immunity for anyone caught looting/setting fires/etc. are bonkers.

nobody advocated for this, shut the gently caress up bootlicker

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Coredump posted:

What terrifies me is that black people have represented a disproportionate amount of deaths due to covid-19. With the protesting that is happening there's no way transmissions are not happening. That means roughly 1.5 to 2 weeks from now we're going to see another jump in cases and once again its going to disproportionately affect the black community. They're facing death from all sides and its loving insane. They're having to put their lives as risk in multiple ways just to protest for the right to live.

super cool that health insurance is tied to employment and tens of millions of people are laid off now! nothing could go wrong!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

do you really trust the cops to correctly identify who is doing looting/arson?

thats exactly what a bootlicker does

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I mean I don't like the current state of affairs for searching people's post history but I'm all for getting chud cops fired for being racist shitheads on Facebook. Well really, all chuds tbh.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

Worth noting, that video has gotten through to some people I never ever expected to understand that policing in America has serious problems. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it might be that it's an old white dude getting beat up for what's obviously zero reason, while excuses could be made for most of the previous cases, however tenuous those excuses were.

Kenneth Walker hit the same people pretty hard too, especially given the whole legal gun owner thing. But didn't convince them. Wonder why?

worth noting that a lot of chuds have already analyzed this video and declared it...you guessed it! a false flag!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah, its absolutely a flex of power.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I learned recently that a farm down the road from me was owned by someone who had slaves and was paid by the government when the slavery abolition act became a thing here. How mad is that? You bought humans and actually got your money back when we eventually decided that it was a bad thing...

Anyway in related news, Bristol has pulled down the statue of a slave trader. The statue has him labelled as a 'philanthropist'

https://twitter.com/_jackgrey/status/1269625428400132096?s=19

owns

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

bandman posted:

No, you hook the front of the cleat and step down to click the back in. Kick your heels out to get out of the clip.

yeah, that's what clipless means, it's a misnomer

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
deleting Facebook is absolutely one of the best things over ever done

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol do you work at a racism factory

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1269701351866609664

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rdb posted:

I think youtube pisses me off more than facebook. I managed to eliminate the republican propaganda from my feed.

Youtube constantly injects it in because I like car videos, how to, etc. Its inescapable on that platform. No matter how many left leaning channels I subscribe to or view regularly it keeps popping back up.

have you cleaned up your watch history?

it's not intuitive in the interface but you can also block certain channels if they keep popping up as suggested

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meatpimp posted:

If you don't separate the art from the artist, you're going to have very few sources of entertainment, imo.

Bill Cosby and kid rape is beyond the pale, obviously, but when you get down to moral issues, how much of your time is it worth to evaluate the artist's moral values versus just listening to their stuffs?

JK Rowling is a complicated one. I've never read her stuff, but I've been impressed with the amount of her wealth that's been given away to help people. But then there's the whole anti-gay/anti-trans poo poo that's happening and damnit, why can't people just be non-assholes?

i've never read any of her books or seen the movies either, but someone noticed that her pen name for her crime books is the same name as someone who was a psychologist who developed gay conversion therapies (torture) in the 50s

https://twitter.com/fayekinley/status/1270344731961294863

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It was the "Super Track" with both sides combined. Claimed speeds of up to 40 mph. The surface has painted grit on it so that you have infinity amounts of grip. It was so much fun. A couple of laps to view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8EUXTls2U0

dang, that course is cool as hell

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'm satisfied with my $100 brother printer/scanner.

I use it so little that I'm still on the first team of paper and the half toner that ships with it

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
ahhh facebook group name changes, reminds me of this classic story

How I Infiltrated a White Pride Facebook Group and Turned It into 'LGBT Southerners for Michelle Obama'

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Watching Boomers fumble with technology is always hilarious though.

love too witness all the morons who take a FULL shopping cart through the self check and then have to be given the "dont ever do this again, idiot" talk by the head cashier

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

Kroger had those ("Scan 'N' Bag", or the like), and now doesn't. My wife loved them, and was upset when they just disappeared.
They did have the phone app - not sure if they still do.

Why? If there's an item limit, it should be posted, otherwise, gently caress off.

oh yeah there's an item limit

the lady i watched doing it last week was also too cheap to buy paper bags (and didnt bring her own reusable ones) so she was scanning items and then trying to jenga them back into the cart...easily wasted 2x the amount of time if she had let the checkers do the job

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
a couple years ago when my wife was working in a pediatric clinic and a 10 year old kid committed suicide in the bathroom

just so tragic...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meatpimp posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1274401799286513672

6 members of Trump's campaign staff in Tulsa tested positive for 'rona. What could possibly go wrong tonight? :ohdear:

lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Hello may I interest anyone in some nappies full of poo poo?

I have a lot of nappies full of poo poo and I’m receiving more every day

wow! very presidential!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Godzilla07 posted:

The Kia Telluride is the first vehicle in that class that would make me consider something other than a Toyota. It is worth trying to find a Kia dealer that doesn't suck rear end (good luck with that!) to get one

they look like poo poo OP

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

everdave posted:

Tear me to pieces but when these drug heads wreck into you or run over you or your kid were you doing the right thing? My philosophy is F them and shut that poo poo down. I hope those who think different can know we can have differing opinions and still be cool.

are you talking about drunk driving? statistically they are far more of a safety concern

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
invite plz, even though i dont have a slack account i do have discord

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rdb posted:

This thread moved kinda fast, is there evidence beyond lowtax being a pos that the forums will shut down? Like, did someone officially announce it?

might as well figure it out asap since he's a moron and his ability to keep this place running is definitely in doubt once the patreon money stops flowing

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Charles posted:

A Nissan GTR though?

wild that he's on his second one, he had an early model R35 too

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Door Frame posted:

Holy poo poo. I made the mistake of poking my head into the GBS thread detailing everything and... gently caress. If you make the same mistake as me, don't watch the Facebook video

If I had even a shadow of a doubt that Lowtax was the man people are saying he is, that video made it crystal clear that he's done something horrible to that woman

jesus loving christ

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

BNR is currently free to join iirc, but with that being said I'm hesitant to join anything done by CSPAM

good we dont want whiners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Just become a nihilist and it will make things way easier :v: