Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Problem description:

Counter Strike averages 23fps on official Valve servers. On most private servers it works fine. On some private servers it stutters a lot but pushes a high framerate. Arma 3 and Apex Legends run fine.

Attempted fixes:

Replaced graphics card. Reinstalled windows. Reinstalled drivers.

Recent changes:

I was using a Radeon WX7100 Pro and found that it was overheating and throttling itself during gaming. I replaced it with an open-box 5500 XT and started experiencing the low-fps issue in CS:GO on official valve servers. I reset Windows, used the AMD cleanup utility to clear drivers, reinstalled drivers, and the issue persisted. Arma 3 and Apex legends ran fine, never had problems, but CS:GO refused to run smoothly. I gave up and replaced the open-box 5500 card with a new 5600 XT card, and nothing changed.

--

Operating system:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

System specs:

MSI Tomohawk B450 Max Motherboard
Ryzen R3 3600 CPU
16GB DDR4-3600 GSKill RAM
500 GB SSD
256 GB SSD
1TB HDD

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmaniac
Jul 10, 2010
This seems to be a known issue. I've seen posts about this since 2015. People claim to have resolved the issue by running the game as admin.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/1769259642875354675/

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Right, forgot that one, my bad. Should’ve mentioned.

That didn’t have any effect.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Could be network stuttering, related to packet formation. You said you reinstalled drivers, but just to make sure; maybe try the latest LAN driver? https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#down-driver&Win10%2064

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

This is still happening, and I am no closer to figuring out a solution.

I've just been unable to play CS for all of quarantine, no idea what the hell. Expensive gaming rig runs Arma 3 and Ark and a pile of other games on max settings. CS:GO doesn't get above ~28fps somehow.