Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Find a game that's been running forever with no signs of shutting down and stick with it as you grow older and then you no longer have to worry about other games.

Friend of mine been going through that phase where he feels too old to try anything new so he actually started an account to play WoW vanilla for the first time just for the safety of knowing it's not gonna change. It's so weird seeing someone live-commenting on his fresh brand new experiences going through that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

Fear of novelty is the mind-killer and a fast-track way to becoming a boomer, and also disgusted with yourself. I have that tendency, too, but I force myself to try out new things.

Eh, I'm not ashamed of who I am or what I like. I don't have as much interest in trying new things as much as I did before, and I know that's probably gonna get bigger with time. I'd rather not burn myself forcing myself to do things I don't want or care. Everyone has that tendency, it has nothing to do with any generation in particular.

I'll never be the type of person to complain about how the new is worse than the old gratuitously (or the opposite for that matter). Heck I actually like modern current music a lot more than the stuff in the 90's/00s.

The only thing that I never seen to get exhausted from is watching new fashion trends. I don't think I ever will. It's just so much fun.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just play path of exile every league, forever and ever, endlessly.