Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C04cfWGASEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

univbee posted:

It's probably at least partially because some people played The Last of Us without "buying" it, like by renting it, borrowing a friend's copy, something like that. Then FOMO kicks in for the sequel and they Day One buy it.

Also 2nd hand games markets etc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Lifted from Wikipedia:

In the UK, Part II became the fastest selling game for the PlayStation 4 for its debut weekend, outselling the previous record-holder Uncharted 4: A Thief's End by at least 1% in physical sales, and outselling its predecessor by 76%

Thats just an odd one to parse, who are all these folk jumping on the last of us for the seuquel

Sequels generally sell better than the originals, that's why they get made.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
Also there's basically nothing to do in large parts of the UK except play video games right now.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Who the gently caress wants to read a play?

Some plays have good enough writing to warrant a read imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGXcCBeO9mY

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FirstAidKite posted:

And that most recent play book wasn't any good either from what I've heard and read from reviews.

I read it and saw the play. It's bad.

Real good stagecraft though - it was gorgeous. That crew deserved a better script and less lovely universe to work with.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I probably haven't seen about 99% of the plays I've read thanks to the realities of what plays get produced and where. In the Summer House is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever read but good luck finding a performance of it anywhere because the original publication has been out of print for decades.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
All right! I'm on chapter 20/22! I'm glad I changed it to easy once I got to the 'captured by pirates' section (chapter 15 I think) because even after turning it down to easy it's harder than the rest of the game on medium. I died about 7 times in the village after the plane crash.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1277606876679675904

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1277610836274667521

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I'm thinking about picking up Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but I wanted to ask about goon opinions on it.

I do play a lot of management games and a lot of RPG games, so it looks like it might be a good fit, but dang there's a handful of DLC for it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I know they're going for an N64 box look, but all I can think about is that expensive "limited edition" VHS which they released, without a DVD edition until much later.

univbee fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 29, 2020

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

outside of Deus Ex: Human Evolution I'm really struggling

I remember some in Halo and I think RE4? It's been a while since I played a residential evil so I could be misremembering.

Anyway, some weirdos at giantbomb made a list of games with funiculars in them.

https://www.giantbomb.com/funicular/3055-1782/games/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

univbee posted:

I know they're going for an N64 box look, but all I can think about is that expensive "limited edition" VHS which they released, without a DVD edition until much later.

That was the literal N64 boxart. I remember it from toy catalogs.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rinkles posted:

That was the literal N64 boxart. I remember it from toy catalogs.

Yeah I knew that when I saw it, I didn't look much at N64 stuff back then though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Watto should be front and center of more Star Wars products.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was so giddy about that game. I was promised the N64 Racer bundle for my birthday, but my uncle convinced me to convince my parents to get a PS1 instead. But that caused a delay and in the mean time money got even tighter so I ended up getting it the next birthday. Which was still cool but we could barely afford any games, and never got a memory card.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

univbee posted:

Yeah I knew that when I saw it, I didn't look much at N64 stuff back then though.

There was a mountain cable car in RE4 which I understand is similar to a funicular

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Just remembered that part of the PS1 bargaining involved my uncle handing me a pirated PC copy of Racer. Though it would be years before we had a computer that could run it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

exquisite tea posted:

One thing that always annoyed me about Uncharted is that the games are full of jumps seem totally doable until you realize the developers didn't want you to go there for this cinematic so you die instead.

I really hate naughty dog's specific blend of "on-rails story game" and "action game". It's not enough of either to be satisfying.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Having PC stuff years before having an actual computer was infuriating, and I'm tempted just look up a copy of this fucker and run it, as a piece of mind

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

Bulbous bouffant

TUBERCULOSIS

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bescumberment

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Heartcatch posted:

I'm thinking about picking up Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but I wanted to ask about goon opinions on it.

I do play a lot of management games and a lot of RPG games, so it looks like it might be a good fit, but dang there's a handful of DLC for it.

Don't buy it: It's very, very hard and also when I played it it was full of bugs and there was a 1.5gb patch any time they tried to fix it. I'm not really sure how it is now but I think I've read it's still full of bugs and they're working on the next game instead of fixing this one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

redreader posted:

All right! I'm on chapter 20/22! I'm glad I changed it to easy once I got to the 'captured by pirates' section (chapter 15 I think) because even after turning it down to easy it's harder than the rest of the game on medium. I died about 7 times in the village after the plane crash.

I understand the problems you're running into but it seems like you are also just unusually bad at the Uncharted games

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Heartcatch posted:

It's not very good on either front. Boring clunky combat with outdated mechanics and bad encounter design.

Also generic dull very surface level writing with a not particularly great localisation. Snd some Russian weirdness when it comes to women.

Get Deadfire if you want a crpg.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I was so excited for SimCopter that I spent all of my Christmas money on it on the promise that we would soon be getting a new computer with Windows95 so I could run it. I had practically memorized the manual (Maxis manuals were fantastic back then) by the time it finally happened. It was worth the wait for 10 year old me. That I could build in SimCity 2000 and then go fly around in it in SimCopter was astonishing at the time.

Also, first radio in games, complete with fake commercials, and first Simlish.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Help Im Alive posted:

I understand the problems you're running into but it seems like you are also just unusually bad at the Uncharted games

Yeah I don't want to skill-shame but if you play on the easiest difficulty in my experienced you can run right through uncharted games punching all the enemies to death

Fair enough if its set-piece deaths and not combat related but I always felt Uncharted games were super well directed and if you died by taking the wrong jump during a set-piece it'd be obvious and you'd know not to do it again

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

univbee posted:

I have this, it owns

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yeah I don't want to skill-shame but if you play on the easiest difficulty in my experienced you can run right through uncharted games punching all the enemies to death

Fair enough if its set-piece deaths and not combat related but I always felt Uncharted games were super well directed and if you died by taking the wrong jump during a set-piece it'd be obvious and you'd know not to do it again

Yeah I'm afraid I must be bad at these games, I might be playing them the wrong way. I never watch youtube videos of 'how to play' or anything. In fact I have found that sometimes if I get sucked into melee (you can't run away easily) I get shot dead by someone while I'm punching someone else. I generally don't make any mistakes in melee and kill them as fast as possible, but I'll get one-shot-killed from full health by a sniper sometimes, or taken out by an armored guy with a shotgun while I unload into his head, or throw a grenade back but it hits a wall and I explode, or... etc.

edit: I also get flanked and killed, or shot by someone who is on a ledge I just shot and killed someone on, so I turned around to kill the guy who was flanking me, while someone else got onto that ledge, etc etc. I honestly haven't seen a massive difference in difficulty between easy and medium, it's still hard.

edit 2: VVV that's just a video game thing. I try to aim for the head and expect everone to take like 5 shots to kill. It's normal.

redreader fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 29, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm just glad not to see the phrase "bullet sponges" anywhere, a valid take imo

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
if anyone feels like seeing how bad I am, I'm silkhorn on psn and you can watch me play when I get back around 10:15am pst

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I feel like The Division 2 really missed out on an opportunity to have one of their named dudes be the Bullet Sponge who is quite literally covered with sponges that need to be blown off before damaging him.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That game petered out quick.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like The Division 2 really missed out on an opportunity to have one of their named dudes be the Bullet Sponge who is quite literally covered with sponges that need to be blown off before damaging him.

Sounds like a Metal Gear boss tbh.

Wasnt that the Pains gimmick? Except replace sponges with bees

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Division and its sequel were loot games with disappointing loot...

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

redreader posted:

if anyone feels like seeing how bad I am, I'm silkhorn on psn and you can watch me play when I get back around 10:15am pst

Haha no shame bro but honestly if you are chucking the Uncharted games down to easy and struggling through them I don't know what to say

exquisite tea posted:

That sounds like something Borderlands would do

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Some plays have good enough writing to warrant a read imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGXcCBeO9mY

She looks like the avgn here

she's gonna take you back to the past
To read the lovely plays that suck rear end

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
circle strafing around an FPS boss and unloading magazine after magazine into their face is the most fun possible thing I can imagine

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

SeXReX posted:

circle strafing around an FPS boss and unloading magazine after magazine into their face is the most fun possible thing I can imagine

That's what tricked me into thinking Duke Nukem Forever would be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Doom Eternal was great, I agree

Realtalk I saw reactions that were like "ugh the Revenant what is this doing in my Doom" but that was a real fun enemy type

edit: I was referring to Marauders, mb

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 29, 2020