Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i like ratchet and clank hope the new one is good

Basically, yeah. The rest of the games shown I have no investment in their quality but I want a good Ratchet and Clank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stupid sexy lombax

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a multiplayer-primary shooter with a limited singleplayer

Barudak
May 7, 2007

al-azad posted:

wtf Miles Morales is an Infamous Last Light type of “stand-alone” side story and not a full blown sequel.

Miles Morales deserves better, yes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Into the Spiderverse speedruns its redemption with his dad as Spiderman arc but the rest of the film is so ding dang good you wont care at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Doesn't utilize the crank 0/10

I assume crank is weapon switch and toggle sprint

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Magic being broken beyond belief is part of the reason I really didn't like Demon's Souls, but to be honest I should learn by now since it burns me in almost every game because I do not like playing magic users.

In hindsight the only Souls/Kings Field game Ive unabashedly enjoyed is Dark Souls 1, and it felt like someone perfectly channeling my complaints about demon's souls into fixes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

redreader posted:

I loved demon's souls and the first time I played through it I didn't really use any magic. If you don't like magic users, how did you know magic was OP?

Everytime Id look up for help for a boss/difficult area there were two presented solutions "use magic" and "learn to eat dirt until you crap diamonds". After beating most of the 1-3 stages and kind of trudging my way along, I decided to restart as a magic build just to see if the grass was actually greener. After absolutely obliterating the first few bosses I quit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stux posted:

thats just humans are the real monsters as well. thats the point of all zombie stuff since frankenstein.

Adam or whatever name he goes by is 100% the real monster in that book

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Adam is abandoned as a child by a parent who rejects him and common people are repulsed by his visage. His response to this is: start a cross continent murder spree.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Sackboy is infinitely more merchandisable.

Sackboy looks like refuse. I dont mean its ugly, I mean it looks like actual laying around garbage. Its something about the roughness of the material its constructed out of, it looks like burlap.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

If sackboy was yarn he'd be 10x cuter.

Yeah, thats basically where my head is at and has been at since the character was announced. It should be yarn.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I see nothing indicating it will work in my mahjong machine, which is sadly a deal breaker

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Mascot character jokes aside, was Blinx the Cat any good? I always wanted to try it but not enough to get an xbox.

Ffffffuck no.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

What was bad about it?

In a game about using various cool time powers you have to collect them in level. And not like, one power up = one power, you need multiple pick ups to get one activation. The levels are also surprisingly ugly and the game's charm washes out after a stage or two, and combat is another mess of "you have to pick up objects in the world to attack".

You'd think the sequel would go "ok, lets put time powers on a cooldown and give him a basic attack" but nope so that "franchise" died a fast death. If someone at microsoft was capable of ripping of Super Mario Oddyssey you could have a good game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

EA announces next madden game to be sprawling, 60 hour JRPG

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im going Stadia exclusive

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hype-men are one of the top inventions in human history.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really just want a new Spyro. Give me the new spyro

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Looks like Wonderful 101 flopped, again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bayonetta 1, MGR:R and Nier sold real good. Bayo 2 (rerelease) and Astral chain sold good. Everything else middling to bad.

The kickstarter for Wonderful 101 was everyone who wanted it, and that wasn't many people.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jun 19, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Did their transformers game bomb?

I'd like to try that some time. And see a sequel maybe but I guess if it bombed then that's not likely to happen.

Its in the middling pile and iirc the license isnt with the publisher anymore so you can't buy it, similar to their Korra game. Their TMNT game is just straight up bad though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

For some reason, I assumed Bayo 1 sold poorly because Sega wouldn't do a sequel, but Nintendo did? That whole situation with Bayonetta 2 (and 3 whenever that comes out) is still weird to me.

It sold more than a million copies in its first month, and was considered a big success for platinum but didnt meet their sales expectations which is probably why Sega put the kibosh on a sequel.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Towards the enemy, I didn't know people were misinterpreting that lol

My memory is basically every post on every gaming forum and strategy guide started with "push forward, towards the enemy to parry their attack and also buy offensive defense in the shop" because it was such a point of confusion and why the gently caress is the dodge move an optional purchase?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait is this what ytmnd stands for?

Yes, a random out of context quote from a completely forgotten film.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

Uh, is there a source for Wonderful 101 being a flop rather than a poster just declaring it? Like has someone from Platinum said so?

Cause it hasn’t even gotten its physical release yet. The Kickstarter copies just started shipping. I don’t think you can declare a flop at this point where it’s been digital only for a month.

It didnt chart in Japan, so sub 1300 in sales, its out on steam with some pathetic concurrent user peak of like 140, and iirc didnt hit the top 30 of sales on switch digital store. Maybe it'll move a million copies on PS4 physical but signs currently point to "possibly worse than WiiU release"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Black Stones posted:

Well that’s a lot better context for the declaration, appreciate the clarification.

Its a huge bummer, because I love Platinum, but this was just an unforced error.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

stev posted:

What could they have done differently though? Other than not bothered ever touching it again.

Digital only, in my opinion.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Bayo 1 sold less than 2 million on a combined 90 million player base. It was so bad Sega stopped the sequel. It's why bayo 2 exists as a Nintendo exclusive and why it's insane to think w101 was gonna sell at all when it looks the way it does. W101 is a miracle.

I did note that despite selling at around 1.5+ it missed projections which is why Sega bailed on it. Still, selling 1.5 million of a new IP is pretty good even on a 100 million systems unless the budget for bayonetta was insane which I dont think it was, but this is Sega so Im probably wrong.

Probably also should have launched on PC earlier but that was prior to everyone and their mother realizing there was gold in them thar hills

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 19, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait he's in it to preserve history? Truly?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DIC made some decent shows when Crash was last popular, why not celebrate them both?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have both zunes.

They were great and I still use them on trips

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I got an engraved back on the HD Zune, and the cute hidden "hello from seattle" on both devices was a nice touch. I actually bought several of the headphones when they discontinued them because they were my favorite headphones and sadly that stock has expired. <broadcasts taps.mp3 to 9 nearby zunes paying their respects>

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Khanstant posted:

do y'all pronounce it "gamefax" or "game eff ay kyooz" like freaks? Just heard the errant signal guy pronounce it like the latter. it's really bugging me, going to unring the bell unless he apologizes

gaMEEfa-q

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellblade is a really good 3rd person experience that wants to be more than just a walk (mostly so it can leverage those mechanics against you later) but it is an absolutely abysmal 3rd person character action game. Go into it as an well researched and thoughtful (but still gamey) look into a quest of a neurodivergent person or expect disappointment.

The Surge 2 was really fun for your second point, but definitely a victim of "our budget is itty bitty compared to Dark Souls"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Daemon X Machina is a weird game, like someone thought SLAI and Armored Core needed to have a baby and then just didnt love it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

I am super excited for tonight’s SNK conference because they’ll probably be announcing the new metal slug

I thought they already did and its for mobile

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Is a console Metal Slug with cool sprites really so much to ask for

Yes? Especially for SNK unless someone buys exclusivity for it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

They said they have both a mobile game and a full fledged console game coming out this year.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/06/snks_new_metal_slug_game_aiming_for_2020_release_mobile_title_also_in_the_works

It's a full metal slug title. thats why I'm hyped for todays conference. because if it's due out this year they'll have to show it off.

I take back all my snippyness, bring on new metal slug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its set in Louisiana? Fine, fine Ill play it, fine. Ugh.