Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Spicy take incoming

Despite the gameplay, GTA as a series glorifies the police and is part of the pro cop propaganda problem that inundates American media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Taco bell has a PAC for donating to "pro business"(right wing) candidates which should make me not want to go but when you get off work at 3AM sometimes what you really need is 6 cheesy bean and rice

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Infinitum posted:

OK the tag has been approved. Just waiting for the link.

I will make a thread for it shortly, but it will involve you making a provable donation to the protest.
I'll have all the links and what have you.. likely tomorrow as I'm heading to bed soon scooby gang.

(There's nothing stopping you just buying it like StealthArcher just did)

I live in Minneapolis can I just go punch a cop (in Minecraft)?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Hwurmp posted:

turns out when you're down in the mold tunnels, mold men can spawn out of the wall literally right next to you and one-shot you

See this is that alternate universe poo poo I keep seeing

I never saw a single enemy down in the tunnels who didn't spawn when the map loaded in the first place

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Windows confirmed for smash

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I was poking around at a video game one time and there was code in there to track which buttons on your keyboard are being pushed and how the mouse was moving?? And it sent all this data to some server?

Idk sounds sketch

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine me as taking a bold and principled stand against anti-cheat or whatever else people are pretending to give a poo poo about also.

When someone snipes my entire team from their teams spawn to mine 3 seconds into the round? Good actually

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Jay Rust posted:

Defend the WoW subscription cards

I'm pickle militia

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

After being a SNES kid I picked up a Genesis at a yard sale in 2000 which was the perfect time because all the game stores were still carrying the carts but no one wanted them even for good games so you could get them for under a buck a pop

The Genesis came with 2 working controllers, Sonic 1 ,2 and spinball plus that 6in1 that also has Sonic 1 and super hang on for 2 bucks, what a time to have been alive and a gamer and not a victim of institutionalized racism

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The first game I spent money I had saved up on was diddy kong racing. I bought it at Sears

Remember sears?

Mowing lawns all summer in 2006 to save up and be the only person paying cash for a Wii at my target on launch day :3

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

good thing may is over so we don't have to discuss whatever the gently caress this is because I'm sure people have some real nuanced opinions about tencent making an ai
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1268107571921129475

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

It's one of those servers from 1.6 where you have special abilities, it's actually kind of amazing if that's what they were going for

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

oddium posted:

remember the psp launching umds if you twist it meme

Being a certified nin-ten year old that hl2 mod was first exposure to the psp thing and of course I figured that was overblown for comedy but those fuckers could seriously sail clear across a room like they have Frisbee aerodynamics or something

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Maybe the 3.5mm Jack will be one of those ones that is wired up with 3 lives and can send composite video out?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The SoR2 romhack scene is top notch

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The really really good SoR2 hack is actually a whole framework for making custom characters in the game it's loving awesome.

Also this https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3063/

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

actually you'll find that it's a huge giant checklist of things you NEED to obtain and or accomplish and it's nintendo's fault actually that it's a pain in the rear end to play because you decided to time travel 50 times per play session and do tedious content you're not even interested in just because it has a thing it gives you

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://waveparadigm.itch.io/pringles-fangame

Today the fan-recreation of the Pringles Homebrew for the Mega Drive is finally available.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

kinda messed up how many of these lists don't have Sludge Life

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Relax Or DIE posted:

the best thing a pc port of bloodborne would get is a complete overhaul mod that finally gives us the game we all want, Bloodborne Kart

e. slight modifications to my copy of Sludge Life
https://twitter.com/SecksWrecks/status/1268799236793122818

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 5, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

the fanciest we get in this neck of the woods is one of those roller grill things with some hot dogs and taquitos on it. The huge change that revolutionized EVERYTHING is now the coffee is brewed pour over by the cup instead of dripping into a carafe to burn on the hotplate all day.

One chain has these absolutely FIRE "blueberry old fashioned" donuts that are Prince purple and taste amazing artificial tho.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I said come in! posted:

Question, did the Wii U do cloud saving for save files? I doubt it, but wanted to double check.

where do people come up with jokes this funny?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

yeah but then you run the risk of being one of those vita people

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

According to Fox the Weather Underground is a JRPG party now a days lmao

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

This bundle slaps
https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Relax Or DIE posted:

this rules but how would one even go about keeping track of it all? what're they gonna do, scroll through the whole thing and make a list and then put that list on a spreadsheet? who would even do that haha

the itch desktop app syncs up with your account and manages a library it's pretty good

as far as actually curating games to play idk I just scrolled through and got a list of ones I wanted to play

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Just like a few that are pretty good imo:

Eat Girl It's a pac-like, adds other enemy types and lets you go really speedy if you chain properly timed turns together.

Loot Rascals Deckbuilding trpg roguelike buzzword simulator with a heaping dose of charm

Semblance Puzzle Platformer where everything is made from play dough and the solutions require you to deform the terrain

10s Tennis ARPG

The 7th Guest posted:

and very gay

the one that has the box art that says "be gay do crimes" is called Kissing Comrades and it's described as "a 2 player LARP about kissing and beinging queer and resisting fascism" which to me basically says its a pdf you print out that says be gay do crimes

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The 7th Guest posted:

also you get VNs on itch.io that are basically the creator saying "hey, here's the thing i'm into, don't yuck it"

you get this in AAA too do we need to talk about all the weird blue alien loving in mass effect?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

homeless snail posted:

this is just a kissing larp we aren't really making out

the secret ruleset for consentacle where you don't show each other's cards and just act out what they say on them is primo

e. I read the pdf and it's even better than I imagined

e.e. anyone remember the part of Galaxy Quest where one of the humans hooks up with one of the aliens who are using cloaking devices to look like humans but are, in fact, weird tentacle monsters?

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 6, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Jay Rust posted:

A lot of these are about awkward dates with awkward people

but enough about my tindr profile

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The bundle is setup to keep accepting submissions and retroactively add them to people who purchased it and there are 150 submissions not included yet so it's a good chance by the end of the weekend there will be over a thousand projects included and should serve as a really good way to dip your toes into whats available on itch imo

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 6, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The 7th Guest posted:

yeah i kind of expect a few more high profile games to hop on, as well as some of those games that only show up in an itch.io search after you've scrolled down 50 pages

two more pages through the bundle and I still have 4 to go.. I've now added to my folder: Hellstar Squadron, Astrologaster, 10S, Qavo, Retromancer, Big Kaiju Battel: Fighto Fantasy, The King's Bird, Word Forward, Knights of the Card Table, FutureGrind, The Rainsdowne Players, Hair Dash, Tiny Dangerous Dungeons*, Retrace, Beacon, Reky, Bit Rat

I think I'll need to install GOG Galaxy on this laptop just for this folder alone lol

the itch app is really well done, iirc it even uses some kind of sandboxing so there is an extra layer of security on your end?
https://itch.io/app

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

ymgve posted:

the vtubers all seem so weird because their mouths are just an 'O' changing size, makes them seem lifeless and stiff when talking

this is why my idea of using your animal crossing avatar as it is so perfect, the definition fits the technology perfect

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

They've cracked 500k raised already on the bundle

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Most storied franchise in gaming
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1269300936524140544?s=19

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Jay Rust posted:

Are there no visual novel board games?
you got VN board games, you got the dud right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNO1mb6NkEI

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

wuggles posted:

I paid $20 for the itch.io bundle now that the gross George Floyd game is off but even at that price it is still a steal. And they're going for a million dollars holy poo poo!

The itch servers are basically on fire right now lmao
https://twitter.com/moonscript/status/1269304469151342596?s=19

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The 7th Guest posted:

nuclear throne, octodad dadliest catch, and sky rogue are getting added to the bundle soon

I'm pretty sure that puts me firmly into double digits for the number of times I've bought nuclear throne lmao

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The 7th Guest posted:

ya i got it from the ACLU bundle i think??

i wouldn't be surprised if another 250-300 games end up in the bundle by this time next week. when people were doing the free giveaways for stay-at-home a couple of months ago, more and more devs kept joining in and i think this'll be a similar situation. i think there were over 100 in the queue at the moment

Yeah they said they will keep adding submissions, I think someone who counted said there were over 150 posted in the thread on their forums about it that weren't in the 750 so there's that at least.

Of course now the people who run the site have to split focus between adding them and putting out fires while they deal with the most traffic ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Hwurmp posted:

If we've already bought the itch bundle, do we get all this new stuff too?

One of the site devs said so on Twitter yeah