Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Serious question, why isn't Clubhouse Games 51 Worldwide Classics in the OP??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DsOVUYxXw

I'm so hyped for it, can't wait to play it on the 5th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Taco Bell is so good despite being so Taco Bell

I should ask for a bunch of sauces next time even though I'm the only one in the house that'll use them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm watching this speedrun of metroid fusion 100% where the guy is playing it blindfolded and drat it's impressive.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/634514177

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's not that good cops don't exist, it is just that good cops are basically entirely a fictional thing. Plenty of good cops in fiction. Plenty of bad cops too.

If only real life could be true to fiction by having good cops.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCwOBypAras

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There's a tabletop miniatures rpg called Gaslands that is a post-apocalyptic racing/destruction derby game where the scale for the minis is "hot wheels" so it encourages players to just buy hot wheels or matchbox or other similar cars and modify them if they want to so they can make all kinds of really cool poo poo.

Here is an imgur album with the above pics and a fuckton more showing off various gaslands car builds.

https://imgur.com/a/31fN0DD

e: I said miniatures rpg instead of wargame/racing game, idk why. I mean, it has rpg stats and stuff but rpg or carpg would probably imply a different feel, possibly a more Choro Q style of game.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 1, 2020

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad it isn't the flashing one because imo the flashing one because it kind of hurts my eyes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Weedle posted:

that reminds me of an old tabletop game i used to play called KRASH that was kind of bad but you could make some sick rides

That does look very cool. Are those all modular parts so you can just peg them together into a fully kitted out deathcar?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I have heard lots of Good Things about Gaslands, but I have yet to play it.

I want to play it but I want to be able to build some custom teams first and that means getting some tools for some proper dismantling, aging, and general roughing up and ramshackling together of some vehicles. At least it isn't so prohibitively expensive to get into compared to other wargames.

The same writer is working on another game too called A Billion Suns which he has said is at least partially inspired by things like EVE Online and like with a lot of (or maybe all of) Osprey-published games, their rules for miniatures are "use whatever you can as long as it fits the scale" since they understand that maybe people just want to play a game without having to pay large sums of money to build an army.

http://abillionsuns.space/the-game/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No, he's the thin blue blur

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Are the white characters in Japanese fantasy games supposed to be Japanese?

I recall reading something about how final fantasy game protagonists get read differently from america to japan, with many characters being read as ethnically asian in japan while being read as caucasian in america. I think the article in particular was talking about Cloud or Tidus as an example of the dual interpretations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Only one more day until Clubhouse 51 comes out!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jay Rust could have even put in Clubhouse 51 in the OP and posted a screenshot of Action 52 since Clubhouse 51 has 52 games in it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember like over a decade ago there was a thread here that was specifically about ambitious but janky European open-world FPS games and I remember the OP specifically mentioning 3 games that I'm pretty sure were all from the same dev. I don't remember the game names but I'm hoping that maybe someone will know what I'm talking about. They were games compared to stuff like Gothic and Risen in terms of Eurojank.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

probably Precursors. I vaguely remember that thread too and this game always sticks out in my mind for some reason. It got a steam release a few years ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/547930/Precursors/

Yes! It was that, Xenus, and Xenus 2

Xenus 2 is on steam, dunno if the devs ever made anything else though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/546230/Xenus_2_White_gold/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sheetz is a gas station convenience store that over the years has been spreading out into things like fast food and working with local breweries to make special craft beers. They're like Wawa's but with more puns. They're all over the place here in PA.

Sheetz revealed a new kind of beer recently.

Sheetz no

Sheetz stop

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like Sheetz. Sheetz is dumb, but I like it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

as a non-pennsylvania native i do not understand the sheetz. it is a gas station with a fast food place inside. we have those in new england but they're just called "a gas station with a fast food place inside"

Sheetz is a gas station/convenience store that wants to be: taco bell, mcdonald's, coldstone, five guys burgers & fries, dairy queen, starbucks, sweet frog, etc etc etc

A Sheetz pops in and suddenly you notice that each little individual Sheetz location is competing with some local nearby stores so one place might have a big ice cream toppings aisle and another might have a beer cave and another still might have its own sit-down section to eat at with some tvs and faux-leather couches, just past the wine rack.

Basically, I don't know what the gently caress Sheetz is, but I wish Justin McElroy would give us another season of Things I Bought At Sheetz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXnHfybQzHk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad the upcoming pokemon dlc is introducing more jewish pokemon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Judaic lore is cool and golems are cool and it would be tres cool if one day surviving copies of the original golem films were found.

Let's talk about golems

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Swords are boring huh...what about THIS one

100% boring

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember there was this old pc game that might've been freeware, not sure, but you played as a tiny space man or robot guy or something and the game only had like 4 colors but it was all very bright and blocky, almost like it was solely CMYK for the colors. You had to platform around and I remember in an early room was this big tank you had to avoid or destroy or something. It was a sidescroller and I think it was open world in the sense that the whole thing was a maze you were working your way through. It would have been from the 90s or 80s. Does anyone have any idea what I'm thinking of?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

what's the best way to play chrono trigger nowadays? an emulator? hacking an snes classic if that's possible? some other way?

DS but don't do the extra dungeon because it is poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Overrated or not it's still a well made and very complete and interesting and pleasing and relatively timeless game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

What's a video game where you fight things in grates, or shoot at things through grates, so I can say the combat is grating.

AvP2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeXReX posted:

maybe I need to replay it but honestly yeah CT was kinda weak in some aspects. It did a whole bunch of stuff really well and then instead of fun boss fights they're like half stupid gimmicks designed to sell guidebooks

I don't remember anything so unintuitive or hard or bad that you'd need a guidebook for, what are you thinking of in particular?

Relax Or DIE posted:

what is the actual worst jrpg battle system don't be lazy and post unlimited saga

In no particular order:

Xenosaga Episode 2
Lunar Dragon Song
Project X Zone
Hoshi Wo Miru Hito
.Hack//Quarantine (specifically Quarantine because of how the gameplay loop is set up and how poor it is)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Live-A-Live's battle system isn't exactly well explained but it is interesting, not too difficult, and unique enough to be memorable without getting in the way of the game itself.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Helltaker owns and I am glad for its existence and popularity and I got the secret/true/whatever ending and that was funny and worth it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm playing Boiling Point: Road to Hell, or Xenus 1 I guess, and there are a bunch of different factions in the game but they're mostly at odds with one another and I'm not sure who I should focus on helping out since most of them seem like jerks. I should be looking for the main character's daughter but instead I can just make money by driving a bus around while various locals keep trying to recruit me into the mafia/cia/police/guerillas.

precision posted:

Chrono Trigger trades in a kind of tediously baroque charm whose simplicity keeps the player constantly on the verge of being fully engaged in any one system, area or theme without ever actually getting there.

I don't understand. Not trolling.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

sharrrk posted:

chrono trigger is fine and all, but chrono cross is where its at

Harle got done dirty.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I only read the hardest sci-fi.

Go read the Ice Company series then, pretty sure there are over 100 books and only a couple were translated into English so you can have a hard time reading and understanding the French versions.

Unless you know how to speak French, in which case this joke doesn't work.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I took 5 years of French in high school but my retention of anything that isn't just vocabulary is really bad. It would be a struggle.

loving saaaaaame.

I wanna read that series but I know I'm not gonna get much out of it because I can read French at maybe a toddler level and while those books are probably not much more than pulp fiction, I imagine you'd need a better grasp on the language. I'd probably be able to puzzle out what some stuff means but for the most part I'd just be retyping sentences into a translator or rereading sentences a lot to try and figure out what the verb or subject is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do any of you use those laptop cooling fans? The pads that go under the laptop to help with air circulation? I'm looking for some recommendations and I don't wanna bother the people in the hardware/software forum about it since I'm sure someone here either has a recommendation or can at least tell me if they're even worth getting.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ymgve posted:

Also, Dick Gumshoe? The soft boiled detective from Ace Attorney? He’s loving thirty years old.

Wait what??

What the actual gently caress?

PlushCow posted:

I’d still bother them, the short question thread has helped me a lot, goons are wonderful https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664613

Okay :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
40s at least.

Though to be truthful I probably already knew his age and just forgot it.

I know Phoenix Wright already has lots of silly age stuff, like Franziska.

Anyway, an excuse to post this comic.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nothing much, might fall back asleep soon. I played and finished a metroidvania game from that recent itch.io bundle. The game is called Spooky Ghosts Dot Com and in it you defeat ghosts and monsters and also pet cats. I don't think petting the cats unlocks anything but it is nice to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

sorry to humblebrag especially during these lovely, lovely times but my first paycheck from my new job just processed and it was more money in two weeks than what i was making per month at my last job.

Congratulations! :) I'm happy for you.