Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

why does the yellow one have green buttons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

A truly terrible fate

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Gripweed posted:

We've come so far since "Come play my lord"

Odd for an ad to tell you not to click it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1271497029471043584

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Kind of disappointed at some of the changes for the Demon Souls remaster.

https://twitter.com/cyangmou/status/1271308901636435971

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Stux posted:

ds3 doesnt have atmosphere because the level design is lazy and boring not because it lacks the early gen ps3 sickness of insane blurry bloom and everything run through a brown filter

You keep talking about filters and bloom and NOT the actual monster designs like the one in the tweet I posted. It goes from weird melting skull demon to generic rock monster.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SeXReX posted:

hosed up that blueprint is breaking into houses and smashing every existing copy of demon souls

No one is allowed to criticize remakes/remasters because the original exists sure is a take.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Stux posted:

yeah the vibe is it doesnt look comically bad, the original vanguard is really really bad, it looks bad and always has

No

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Stux posted:

its not a bad thing the designs are being updated for a port to a platform 2 generations ahead, there is no way to keep the stripped down designs that are an effect of technical issues and have it look acceptable or good. it would be like doing a full ps5 remake of ds1 and arguing blighttown should still run at 10 fps.

The PS3 limitations are definitely why Flamelurker looks like a generic rear end Balrog now instead of the cool design from before. It's impossible to increase the fidelity and polycount of the model without it turning generic rock monster.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's antiquated thinking that demands a ball to be round.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1272237950487560192

Can we just fire Druckmann out of a cannon

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jay Rust posted:

You know that’s a good point, it’s D onkey Kong, D iddy Kong, D ixie Kong... then suddenly they introduce a KK?

In Japan, his name is Dinky Kong

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

precision posted:

It is, surprisingly, very very good but I'm only 7 hours in

But yeah it's good. Turns out alt-right dweebs have bad taste

What about people that don't like lovely treatment of a trans character.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

stev posted:

Can we not have unmarked plot discussion in the general thread?

No. I'm not doing ND's damage control for them. They don't get to hide their lovely treatment of a trans character behind people's fear of spoilers.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Endorph posted:

The show? The first half of season 1 is decent, the second half of season 1 is absolutely dire, the first half of season 2 is okay, the second half is season 2 is good, the movie's really good minus one plot hiccup that's easy to forgive, season 3 is good but goes on a bit too long and doesn't do as much with its ideas as it could.

The games? They vary, hollow fragment was a decent grinding game if you wanted to turn your brain off but lost song was incredibly bad and the gun gale online game was the definition of mediocre. Lycoris looks like it'll be closer to Hollow Fragment so it might be decent.

SAO is interesting for one episode and then it immediately drops the ball and constantly sinks lower all the time.

The spin-off is good, mainly because it was written by someone else.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I don't drink alcohol, I poison my body with these instead.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Infinitum posted:

So what's the over/under on the ARMS character tonight being every ARMS character, which you can select ala Bowser Jr + Koopalings?

There's a reason the koopalings are in a clown car, properly rigging models is a lot of work

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/Koala_Kong/status/1275070062995464204

Crash and Cortex look the best they've ever looked. Props to the art team, they look fantastic. Coco I still think I need to see in motion

Cortex hasn't looked good since the PS1. His head is too small

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SeXReX posted:

Facebook and mobile games didn't use any techniques to get people "addicted" that weren't already present in AAA that was just an excuse shitheads used to make their sexism more palatable to the average gamer

This is a ridiculous take

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

cheetah7071 posted:

I run a goon Fire Emblem discord which is inexplicably good despite being filled with goons and Fire Emblem fans

Or maybe it's bad and my taste is poo poo who knows!!!

Can I get an invite to that one?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FAK can I have an invite

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Loel posted:

Accordion is now taking a break, quote me with the name you are using

Registered as Ometeotl

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Good going, Jeffrey.

Take THAT, neogaf

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bloodborne
DS1
Code Vein
Demon's

DS3
DS2

Sekiro

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

No, it's because he lied about his medical credentials.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I like how they designed that shark without thinking for one second about the pole that would have to go through it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RBA Starblade posted:

DxM has the old armored core issue of there being dozens of cool weapons and armor pieces but they are all garbage compared to a couple of basic rifles and a generic medium mech

The endgame items are fantastic

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Barudak posted:

In which, DxM or Armored Core? Cause I just beat DxM and the end game items all seemed to be either a strict downgrade from what I was using or a cool edge case but Im open to tooling around with the coop multiplayer

I also know this anethema to this genre for whatever reason but there should be camera lock in these games because probably half the time fighting certain bosses was just waiting for their AI to decide its dash would now, finally, be on cool down for no rhyme or reason so I could actually keep them centered on screen to shoot them.

In summary: I wish Stardust Paradox had a home console port because that has been the best mech arena combat game Ive played.

DxM

You've got giant swords, super boosters, it's great

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

exquisite tea posted:

Marauders were annoying at first but I think the reaction to them was way overblown. If you just sit in front of them with the SSG and shoot on react to the sound cue you can easily stunlock them with a fast swap to the ballista. Everything else about Doom Eternal was cool except the story which was noticeably weaker than the first.

The trick to Marauders is to ignore whatever bullshit the game wanted you to do and just run around launching sticky grenades and the occasional regular grenade on the ground by their feet.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

VideoGames posted:

I just wanted to say you have one of my favourite avs on the forums! :D

Wow this hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/30/21307200/the-last-of-us-2-controversy-critics-press-naughty-dog-vice-review-leak-sony-ps4-playstation

I bet this was done at the behest of Druckmann