Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

hopefully whoever buys the cart i'm selling actually loads up the save files on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i herd u were talkin' poo poo about my boy kiddy

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

homeless snail posted:

https://discord.gg/GEe3Sp
i'm going to ban everyone that clicks this link

i have not posted much recently but yeah gently caress it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

registered as Phantasium

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

frankly i like seeing who is all signing up

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah fangamer seems like the obvious one, it still is really cool that they have official merch now.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

destitute posted:

I picked up Nioh ages ago and got through like the first boss fight. It was good but stupid real life got in the way and I never had motivation to go back and finish it. Should I at this point skip to Nioh 2 or power through the first one?

There's not so much story in the games that it matters, though there's a nice moment towards the end of 2 if you've played 1.

I kind of was in the same boat with Nioh 1 and having had stuff get in the way, but finally managed to finish it right before 2 came out and didn't regret it. Your choice I think.

Still have to go back to both games and finish some stuff up, actually.

Help Im Alive posted:

also it has the extremely cute kodama/sudama/a fat cat who will roll around and attack enemies for you

They're also cold as ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLR6UZbg2Q

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

well hopefully i don't have to give a poo poo what he thinks ever again and he can disappear into the dipshit ape dimension with the rest of the loving idiots

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

RE2make is really good and I'm loving it so far. I toxxed that I would beat it, but I'm not quite sure what that actually means for RE2.

I think you're good to do just one character, though you should do both.

Infinitum posted:

Oh dang, was this a case of creepy director/writer driving a semi through the series?

It's more a case of Square developing it at the start as a pre-smartphone era phone game, and it exchanging hands several times until Hajime Tabata got a hold of it to get it released on PSP (that man is good at scavenging stuff from trainwrecks, at least). The game uses a time travel plot to hide the fact that the entire script changes every mission. Parasite Eve is also not Square's property, it's a book that the first game is a sequel to that Square seemingly doesn't have the rights to anymore, so the only things the 3rd birthday can draw from are the characters from the first two games (who they promptly just use their names and just change the personalities of entirely).

Like it's not just the fact that you find out the main character has the personality of a child who is sexualized to hell and back (though that's certainly bad enough). It's that the child has body snatching powers, stole the body from the protagonist of the first two games, and the game ends with you murdering the soul of the original main character. It's a literal character assassination.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

The funny thing is, gamers will complain if a game is too short, see Resident Evil 3. I think my first play through was 7-8 hours? Maybe a bit less, and it got eviscerated for its length (among some other things, but mainly for its length). I honestly was okay with the length, it could have been a little longer, but with the amount of replays I needed up doing the length was fine.

I think the complaints about RE3 were at least partially because they remade the game and cut out like 3 or 4 areas which was a bit disappointing compared to the remake of 2.

I can kind of see why those areas are gone (the worm boss sucked rear end so no great loss) but I can see wishing the game went longer since both the remakes are fun as hell to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Another big Steam sale, time to buy yet another < $10 game. Timespinner keeps catching my eye every time I see it on my Wishlist because it's kind of aping the look of the GBA/DS Castlevania games, which I'm into. Is it any good?

It is fantastic and well worth your time. The only negative in my eyes is I wanted more of it, because it's a bit shorter than the games it's paying homage to.