Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

I haven't been killed by the virus and/or cops. Just to keep everyone updated.

you're not ready for the virus cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nothing but state whitewashing of autoimmune disorders

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you don't want to know what "genchatop" means in Japan

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Does it mean "vg is constantly getting things wrong today"?

it means:

nothing that I know of

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rocksteady needs to make an open-world Batman Beyond game

they can skip the car this time

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Obligatum VII posted:

No, no, you are mistaken. It will be a cop virus. If you catch it, you slowly turn into a cop.

swine flu is already a thing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

play them

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

yes, Control, when I'm aiming at an incoming lethal energy ball and I press the telekinesis button, I actually want to grab a random piece of the walls, floor, buildings in another town, absolutely anything else

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I honestly have no idea why I'm still trying to play Control and it probably reflects poorly on my character

I keep thinking I've reached the point where it gets good and nope!! still dogshit!!!!

"SCPs but not stupid" should be an absolute slam dunk, how do you gently caress it up this badly

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pro Control Tips: if you die to a boss, the game will spawn more dudes in the middle of your boss run

also your mind control will just randomly not work so watch for that

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 1, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the awfulness has me now

I need to see how bad this gets; I need to see if Control's going to do something like erase my loving save and expect me to go "WHOA SO META"

everyone else please save yourselves

it's like VA-11 HALL-A where I sat through it just because I was dumbstruck that anyone could hold up that kind of writing as professional work deserving of money

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Hasn't heard it was bad, but thinking about it now haven't heard much praise either

strip away the meme garbage and insipid OC background dumps, and you're left with "Jill was sad once and that's okay"

it's the most pointless story I've ever read but at least its failure states were predictable, consistent, and quickly recovered, which is more than I can say for Control

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Who’s your favourite non-tonyhawk skater in tony hawk?

Darth Maul

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe or something when goons talk about Control because to me it's a perfectly average game in terms of the difficulty. I died maybe a few times on the toughest bosses and yet you get screeds from people who wiped for two hours in the same exact spot.

why do my bullets hit my cover when I'm aiming over or around it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

Make sure your mod loadout complements what you like to focus on.

how do I get the game to randomly give me decent mods

failing that, which of these 6% Shatter recoil mods will fix any of this

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You can make your own mods in Central Executive with the random stuff you pick up. But failing that, -recoil on Shatter is actually pretty good.

I don't have enough randomly dropped materials for a roll on the gacha, and Shatter's recoil is already fine

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

More Control Tips: don't use Launch in close quarters, because it will randomly pick up explosive objects that are completely out of view

also don't bother throwing enemies' rockets back at them because they do less damage over a smaller area than rocks

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

turns out when you're down in the mold tunnels, mold men can spawn out of the wall literally right next to you and one-shot you

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I might be trying to fight enemies that are too high level?? but this is where the missions are sending me and I don't have any levels so it's anybody's goddamn guess

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Control kind of punishes you for using cover. Always be moving, the enemies suck at leading their shots and the game expects you to be all over the place to succeed.

everything you can do in Control is a loving punishment

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

why did sixteen rocket men just spawn in this room

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Control takes place in a sealed underground high-security facility and there are still invisible walls to keep you, the player, from going places you're not meant to go

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's not that entertaining unless you really get a rise out of the phrase "loving Christ, seriously?"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you're really super lucky, you can complete a combat encounter in Control and the enemies will respawn literally the second you turn your back

I guess this is how you're meant to grind for materials

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just died because I was standing next to a reel-to-reel player that took one stray enemy bullet and exploded like a 1,000-pound bomb; the thing was in a dark corner and I didn't even see it before it went off, I had to go back and check what killed me

you win, Control, I can't take any more of this poo poo. congrats on being the worst game I've played in years

I only paid $20 for it with the EGS sale and that still feels like a waste of money

SeXReX posted:

See this is that alternate universe poo poo I keep seeing

I never saw a single enemy down in the tunnels who didn't spawn when the map loaded in the first place

I walked down a hallway, took one step back, suddenly mold man :shrug:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 2, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I want a Red Alert 2 remaster so bad

:same: but only if they restore the celebrity unit voices that got cut from the Hollywood mission in Yuri's Revenge #censorship

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Eason the Fifth posted:

I'm looking for games that have that "keep you playing" quality (which I'm sure has a name--besides "compelling"--but I don't know what it is). Games like WoW or Grim Dawn have it with world design and the loot chase (and the social aspect).Total War/X-COM/Darkest Dungeon have it with the high-suspense turn-based gameplay. Deus Ex and Prey also have that quality, but those two games use story, sound, and immersive gameplay to generate it. It's a quality that goes across genres, so I'm not looking for any specific type of game. Just the ones that make you want to keep playing. Any suggestions?

edit: sorry if I missed a "recommend me" thread anywhere

Hades
Nova Drift
Into the Breach

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 2, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stux posted:

the best thing about tib sun is that they still got decent known actors in except the guy who played kane who was just A Guy from the office was kane the whole time and it owned

the guy who played Kane was Joe Kucan, C&C's cutscene director

if it was Just A Guy From The Office then Kane would've been way doughier and more nasally

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 2, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I never knew Doki Doki is Japanese for Mario

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Maneater's narration is hilarious

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

supposedly wrist rests are actually bad for your wrists, because all the pressure is concentrated on the wrist

that's why you get a boob mousepad, so it's concentrated in the boob instead

daermon posted:

Ok, for real this time. Here's a list of every game I own that I want to play and finish. Help me decide which to do first.

Legend of Zelda : Windwaker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn

Shin Megami Tensai IV and Apocalypse

Radiant Historia

Valkyria Chronicles I and IV

Final Fantasy IX, X and X-2

Dragon Quest XI

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Wind Waker

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

your leg wrist is called your ankle

the hand wrist's connected to the foot wrist
the foot wrist's connected to the leg wrist
the leg wrist's connected to the head wrist
and now you got the giiiiist

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

dear game devs: you are not good enough at audio balancing to default your game to subtitles off

no, really, you're not

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice benefits from no subtitles, but no other game I've ever heard of

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fog computing is a type of low-altitude cloud computing that forms when relative humidity nears 100% and the difference between air temperature and dew point is less than 2.5 °C (4.5 °F), causing computer vapor to condense into tiny computer droplets suspended in the air

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Convex posted:

swallow an atari lynx, that should flush it out

I know an old gamer who swallowed a lynx

his batteries are dead, of course

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

precision posted:

So I'm playing apex legends and one of my teammates is named "LoliBowsette69"

So which one of you is it

that's a cop

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

It's weird there aren't more GTA clones

I can't even really think of any outside of Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs (RIP)

Lego City Undercover
Retro City Rampage
Shakedown Hawaii

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 3, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there was a Scarface one I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Weedle posted:

it's extremely fun and huge and has the least mean-spirited story of all the games. samuel l jackson plays the evil cop

note: "least mean-spirited" can still be pretty goddamn mean-spirited