Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Stravag posted:

The best part is its NY with the SAFE act meaning that anyones ar or ak is almost a california level of gimped compared to what you can get in most of the country but the police can basically get whatever still so...yeah. perpetually the victims

I have the displeasure having a few cops in my extended family and every single one of them talks about how they have their personal AR in the trunk of their patrol car in case they need it. Granted, they're in PA and GA, but I imagine it's the same everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
The gun locked in the dash until it is remotely released thing from Watchmen was a legit good idea.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I've talked about this at length before, but my Dad (who has had lukemia since 1996 and almost died from the flu 3 years ago) was following that Dr Campbell guy's coronavirus channel on youtube since January. He was taking it super seriously up until about a month into Fox's propaganda campaign, at which point the cognitive dissonance became too much and his brain flipped into the "it's all a democrat hoax" mode. At this point my sister and I have basically resigned ourselves that he's probably going to die in the next year and there is nothing we can do about it.

Fox news is brain poison and is getting people killed, and continues to escalate the rhetoric on a daily basis. I cannot see what their endgame could possibly be at this point other than Balkans-style ethnic cleansing.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
If Trump loses you won't have politicians pretending they never knew him. They'll invoke his name and he'll be the new Reagan figure.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

I keep wondering when someone's gonna take Putin out. It has got to be that he's got too much dirt (that'll probably immediately be spread everywhere upon bis death) on everyone powerful enough to get close, that they're making sure no one gets to him.

How that despicable piece of poo poo has stayed in power for 20 years is mind boggling.

He's the richest man in history, and spreads the wealth around. He isn't going anywhere.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It's kind of amazing the movie "Charlie Wilson's War" was allowed to be made and wasn't a big deal. Imagine if Saudi Arabia made a patriotic movie about how they trained and funded the 9/11 hijackers.

And I'm not directly comparing the two events, just the political ramifications.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
No one who has ever worked for the current administration has ever really needed to work for a living. The job is something they'll get to talk about for the rest of their lives, it isn't about securing some future career.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It was basically just liberal shitposting and stuff reposted from /r/LateStageCapitalism. I don't recall ever seeing any actual discussion regarding the podcast.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Any one of y'all remember some PAC running ads against some other ad-running PAC before?

https://twitter.com/AmplifyMedia_/status/1278006842032037888?s=19

1. Smear Trump
2. Elect Biden
3. ???????
4. Profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

There hasn't been 16 continuous years of Democratic presidents since Roosevelt and Truman. They're long-gaming it, because the DNC *always* fucks themselves over when they get ahead.

Also, Biden is barely a Democrat, and I have a nasty suspicion he'll skew even more right-wing after taking the oath.

I meant that attack add says the Lincoln project is doing what they're doing because Biden getting elected will make them rich without ever saying how.