Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Just Hungary I think
Austria's also been teetering on the brink for a while, but, then again, who isn't, these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Since there was no one in the preview photo, I for some reason was picturing it would be some guy with his dick in a bong doing a funny walk through the intersection and screaming like a madman.

Mount Pleasant goons, please do this

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
Haven't seen confirmation, but Floyd's murderer may have committed felony voter fraud in the last two elections https://twitter.com/TooMuchMe/status/1268986246338134016?s=19

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
Just lol at North Korea blowing up the negotiation building, citing the "harm to our nation's dignity" inflicted by people in the South sending little balloons carrying pamphlets. If your nation's dignity can be harmed by such, it never had any dignity in the first place.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Call me nihilist but I consider the education of all the citizenry to be the responsibility of all the citizenry. If we aren't capable of democracy, then we need to make ourselves capable. The alternative is to defend or even advance our aristocracy.

If we can't trust "random citizens" to direct their own workplaces or their own communities, then I guess we can't have unions and we do need police and prisons.
Complex society requires specialization. We need to do far better about ensuring everyone has the ability to pursue the path they want and decoupling hierarchical decision-making from social stratification.

If we trusted "random citizens" to direct their own communities, we'd see an exhausting array atomized and conflicting rules and regulations, plus resurgence explicit segregation and empowerment of the rich.

We need a strong and responsive state that is accountable to all its residents, not some devolution of power.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

welcome to the communist party.
Hell, I've been here for decades at this point.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Richard Bong posted:

Is it the YouTube one where he’s saying something like “I’m here for to asking your help. Please sign...”. Like was that the best cut you could get in a prerecorded statement??
So much this. If you're trying to fight talk that Biden, like Trump, is sundowning, why wouldn't you do another take??

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

That only makes sense if you ignore the US procurement programs (or assume they are pretty significant lies to congress) as well as ignore Chinese doctrine and also assume multiple nations are gleefully investing big money into a redundant and unnecessary nuke delivery system for no real good reason.
I'm not big into the arms control community, but vaguely follow the Arms Control Wonk podcast and they've posited in the past that major powers are working toward the option of fielding nuclear-tipped hypersonic missiles. If they can hit the faster than an ICBM and avoid current missile defense tech, that's a clear advantage over the current delivery methods.

Is it a good idea from a "we all want to stay alive and unradiated" perspective? gently caress no. But from a narrow "our odds must be better than their odds" one? Well, whoever's pushing these programs sure thinks so.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
:sigh: I'd like an invite to the Discord, I suppose

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Midjack posted:

Yeah, I didn't expect that. Here's the new boss, better than the old boss.

Contract's not signed yet. Still plenty of room for everything to go south.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

pmchem posted:

it's an intentional distraction from the russian bounty news. media/libs fall for this tactic of his hook, line and sinker every time. often it's used to attack the media itself.
This is kind of unfair. While I don't reject the notion that this is a thing and even might be what he's attempting in this case, not calling out the president for amplifying one of his supporter's explicit endorsements of white supremacy is a bad idea.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

The Trump dropping out is bullshit misinformation by his staff to give him an artificial boost.
If anything, it's folks in the GOP raising trial balloons about both the popularity of Trump stepping aside and trying to guage what his reaction would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

HELL YEAH IMMA SMASH SOME RETWEETS AND HIT SOME BALLS WOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/GaryGrumbach/status/1277758017233092610

... wait what did I do
I'm picturing the Chief of Staff dejectedly announcing to staff in the White House that Trump retweeted "white power" guy and that they can't reach him to delete it, and an aide in the back jumping up and yelling "BINGO!"

There's no way they haven't gamified what awful poo poo the giant douchenozzle is going to come up with next.