Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Yeeeeeesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21drq0LGet4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What in the world? :psyduck:

What even could the reasoning behind that decision possibly be? That he's the ringleader and needs to be arrested, even though the protest is non-violent? That he needs to be removed because he may be eroding the resolve and emotional vigilance of the riot cops?

I...I have no loving clue.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

No, I'm a vice chair within my region's antifa leadership structure and we have been in direct contact with our national and international leadership committees

Okay, this didn't get enough love :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Something just occurred to me...if there's a spike in infections or - god forbid - a second wave, Trump's gonna blame it on the protests.

Welp.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm gonna be honest, him delivering this message to this huge audience, especially a young one that - hopefully - will take at least part of it to heart when growing up to be the next generation voting and shaping your country, outweighs my grounds to complain about him, so it's a net good in my book.

That said, the majority of what I know about the guy stems from a short stint of me looking him up during his suicide-forest incident, and the other thing "in my book" ended up being that he's a piece of poo poo with a marketing communication team running his messaging and damage control.
In this case, I'm just glad that his team told him to spread an actually good message in furtherance of his brand.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mustang posted:

'

Doing great things for their country. Thank you for your service, boys.

The credit for the photo just says they're "military police officers"

Given the development over the last decade, if something looks super SF-type, kit and all, then it's probably just some local PD

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

I have two happy links. The first I wish I had more information about, but I loving love it and it's sort of why I'm not anywhere near as freaked out as others about the actual Guard being around:

https://twitter.com/CongBaseballFan/status/1268484778405158913

Second, gently caress this dude. We can all agree that time shouldn't be wasted on a lot of this kind of poo poo, but gently caress this dude anyways.

https://twitter.com/abc15/status/1268569438451687428

It's literally the very same rationalization his brother used to preface his Japanese suicide forest video.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I had never read the comments until now. :yikes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Someone explain that to me. All a quick cursory googling on the 3rd amendment yields to my understanding is that you can't force citizens to "quarter", so..."house" soldiers, against their will in a time of peace?

So the Mayor of DC is kicking the NG out of hotels based on the 3rd amendment and Senator Lee is saying that he shouldn't be allowed to do that?
And Lee J. Carter is saying "lol, sure he's allowed to do that based on the 3rd amendment"?

Because I initially assumed that this Lee J. Carter was a MAGA chud, but now I'm confused and it seems he's in the right here

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, co-opted by bad people, you say?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

Well this thread doesn't add up either because that queenyonasda instagram doesn't look anything like the woman leading the mystery panthers and the owner of that instagram has been heavily involved with protests for Ahmad Arbury and Standing Rock and was a guest on the official NBPP radio show on april 27.

It's a milkshake-ducked milkshake duck inside yet another milkshake duck of a story.

A Matryolkshake duck, if you will.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh who gives a poo poo.

They didn't shoot anyone

loving nation's under attack by propagandists and the president's political party and we're out here worried about insta models cosplaying the RIGHT Black Panthers or not.

gently caress man. Voter suppression in Georgia. Police brutality. Internet trolls groomed by white nationalists shooting at cops to kick off, in their own words, a civil war.

Oh, don't worry, I'm still loving furious about everything else that happens.

I just also am rolling my eyes at the rabbit hole that this story appears to me. You won't find me pretending it's representative of anything at all, though.

Those are the people to watch out for on social media.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Quick question: the administration is pretty much okay with 20,000 new cases and ~1,000 deaths per day at this point, right?
Or, for that matter, the people, too?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Stock traders suddenly rediscovered that coronavirus is a thing.

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1271124337588920324?s=19

It's more the fact that the past market gains were mostly rooted in the assumption that there'd be a vaccine available between Q3-Q4 of 2020, and that presumed safety is now going out the window in combination with investors assuming that the situation is going to degrade on account of protests/demonstrations, etc.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ziggy still in jail

:lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The absolute idiocy of police departments owning tanks and mine-protected APCs, wasn't equipment available through the armed forces surplus program offered at complete dumping prices?
Like, 1,000 bucks for an APC or something?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What am I looking at here? Protester tent city slash market?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Trash pickup has been organized, yes. A lot of the city services are working with the protesters. Turns out years of defunding services and funding police leaves the other services a little bitter.

The No Cop Co-op started as a single tiny tent the first day of the CHAZ and now sprawls around most of a block. It's entirely run on donations of food and supplies and volunteers. People are in there putting together meals and snacks for anyone who wanders in. It's anarchy and it's loving beautiful.

I'm a bit late on the whole CHAZ thing, and have no clue what the No Cop Co-Op really means, but the only things I've learned so far is that a police precinct was abandoned a week or two ago, leading to a sort of "unpoliced" precinct, but I don't quite understand how the lack of a single police station would preclude cops from other precincts policing that area? Have cops essentially abandoned a zip code, and now protesters are setting up markets with the stuff you mentioned?

And are they essentially saying "this is a cop free zone" or what's the deal regarding the whole no cop co-op thing?

I'm guessing that now Trump's hissyfit over sending the military because the mayor/governor lost control at least has some context for me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I can't access most of those local news websites with the reports on account of the EU cookie law disclaimer thing, but let me get this straight without even touching on the possibility that these were literal lynchings:

The authorities in three of those cases ruled out "foul play" without even the hint of an investigation or autopsy?

:allbuttons:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

CORONA HOAX SCAM

https://twitter.com/Radical_bern/status/1272730112668995584

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Militia shooter maced a bunch of protesters that were prettying up some participation trophy monument, they followed him, two or three of them tried to wrestle him to the ground, he decided he couldn't deal with it and fired four shots.

Cops arrive, arrest the militia dudes, and then gas the protesters, because of course they do.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924960

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mark Fuhrman is a pundit/expert on Fox News in the year of our lord 2020?

Oh my loving days

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Florida Gators are apparently abandoning their "Gator Bait" chant in an attempt to get with the program, despite "not being aware of any evidence of racism associated with the chants at sporting events".

Gee, that's awful nice of them, but I'm curious what the background of this decision is...like, what could be the connotation of the term that would make it problematic enough for UF to abandon it?

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2020/06/18/florida-gators-banning-gator-bait-cheer-because-of-the-phrases-horrific-racist-imagery/

Oh.

:yikes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

what in the flying gently caress is this poo poo

Yeah, my impression of Guy Fieri was that he's loving stellar at shoving food into his face while not being very good at cooking himself, but off-camera, the poo poo he's actually done is pretty drat feelgood.

The "homophobe" accusation would already be news to me, but "anti-semite" I would hope I'd have heard about before.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What the gently caress is this reality that I'm clinging to Guy loving Fieri remaining a beacon of hope

Jesus

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

I Am Setsuna, I love you and all, but is it too much to really explain about how singularly and flux really work? Neither are really essential to getting through the game, as it's not very hard, but these two mechanics confuse me and seem to rely too heavily on random dumb luck to activate

Yeah...uh, I've been following politics since 2000, but in this year of our Lord, I am incapable of explaining these mechanics to you

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Holy poo poo, they actually postponed the rally after the backlash over it being scheduled for Juneteenth?

That is legit surprising.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

After a FIERCE-MILD Spring in Germany, we're now looking at 37 degrees coming up next weekend.

I also fully expect to wake up to 150+ posts in this thread due to the Tulsa rally, and I'm oddly looking forward to get "an update on reality" from them.

:(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Germany had a fun Covid-outbreak due to :capitalism: in a meat processing plant that was apparently ignoring all containment rules while still remaining open under essential-business-guidelines.

Over 1,000 new infections in a single area code, good times

:negative:

https://www.dw.com/en/opinion-coronavirus-outbreak-in-german-slaughterhouse-was-preventable/a-53866979

But hey, still only a third of the daily new infections of...*checks notes*... Arizona?

:psyduck:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Midjack posted:

Regardless of his qualifications, experience, or expertise he is first and foremost a government toady.

He straight up loving lied to the public weeks ago with the whole “no reason for people to wear masks” in February and March, which he recently admitted was a knowingly false statement made to manipulate public opinion to try to ensure PPE availability for healthcare workers. And the early “masks are bullshit” statements he and others made are contributing to the reluctance of Americans to mask up now.

He has admitted to lying once to manipulate public attitudes; his statements must now be verified.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to throw a flag there.
A lot of countries chose the same course of action to make sure supply of PPE could be secured for essential healthcare services before releasing public announcements for mandatory mask requirements, and don't have to deal with the comical percentage of people in the US that refuse to wear masks.

Yeah, it probably played a role, but when you have the administration leadership and a metric fuckton of leadership figures in one party of a country flat out refusing to wear masks out of fear of looking weak and - at best - recommending them or whatever, then I would say that we've found the main reason.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Jesus I had no idea how many people lurked here :stare:

Ayup.

Post your GT line scores from your ASVAB

Requesting an exemption for deutschgoons of service

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

fknlo posted:

crossposting this super ominous thing that's related to the insanely hosed up video

I have no idea what this means

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

It appears that Texas is pulling a Florida. The numbers are poo poo and the headlines are bad, so fudge/hide the numbers!

https://twitter.com/Mike_Hixenbaugh/status/1277309743128813568?s=19

The lovely news aside, I'm really digging the personnel at that hospital wearing pictures of themselves on their PPE.

No idea whether the impulse for that came from wanting to do something for the patients or themselves, but it's a really human gesture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A Bad Poster posted:

I bet that a lot of people were terrified by being surrounded by people dressed head to toe in PPE like that, and it may also help employees recognize each other.

Yup, that was pretty much my assumption. Add to that the whole terrifying thing someone posted in here about ICU hallucinations, and you've got a solid reason to try to ease their terror a bit