Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

egyptian rat race posted:

In case anyone was keeping score for this round, the feds are now on record for shooting civilians. They shot and killed a black restaurant owner in Louisville last night.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/5306733002

Hey all you ground pounder types - what would have happened to you if you'd fired into a crowd of civilians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Having sat through one of his speeches before, and without listening to this podcast, I can only imagine how much of his bullshit "sheep/sheepdog/wolf" rhetoric these idiots have internalized and used to turn into an Us vs. Them mentality, and whatever they do is justified because "the Russians are worse".

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

pkells posted:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the whole idea of a national organized ANTIFA with a leadership structure is just a right wing boogeyman concept, right?

In reality? Yes. In practice with regard to this directive? No, and a full like 80% of SA is at risk. Let alone your friends and neighbors.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 1, 2020

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/CalNBC/status/1267549418456256512?s=19

https://twitter.com/CalNBC/status/1267553866989613060?s=19

https://twitter.com/CalNBC/status/1267550099154092034?s=19

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Of loving course Tom Cotton is the one pressing the Bronze Bunker Baby to use the Insurrection Act.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

"You're Affiant"

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

An affiant is someone who files an affidavit, which is a written statement used as evidence in court. In order to be admissible, affidavits must be notarized by a notary public.

"You're"

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hovering for extended periods is already a bad idea. Ask any helicopter pilot.

I don't know where you got this but it's incorrect. Source: I'm a helicopter flight engineer.

Also those rotors are producing so much downwash neither cardboard nor balloons would ever get near them. It's super dumb of them to be hovering below the rooftops in a city where poles and wires could be (especially at night), but that's about it.

hobbesmaster posted:

I don't know what the height velocity curve looks like for a blackhawk but that seems likely to be in one of the "engine failure is unrecoverable" zones of it?

The height/velocity curve for a slick blackhawk wouldn't be too bad and if they poo poo an engine they would be able to land relatively safely from that altitude, or depending on the area in front of them, get to safe single engine airspeed.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

PeterCat posted:

Cardboard balloons or what have you could still get up there because the rotor system is recirculating all that air.

A Black Hawk and a Lakota don't put it put out as much rotor wash as a chinook so it's a little different ballgame.

Dude I'm a flight engineer on an H-60. I've seen random pieces of debris get recirculated into the rotor system but it usually happens on the ground. In a hover the downwash is nuts.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

PeterCat posted:

Dude, i was a UH-60 pilot.

A friend of mine got in trouble because he was doing and OGE hover over housing in Hawaii and nearly sucked up a kiddie pool.

That's just dumb loving luck (and partially caused by the aerodynamics of a kiddie pool).

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 2, 2020

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Wasn't his brother caught looting

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Do cops really think that this stuff is truely possible?
https://twitter.com/MilwaukeePolice/status/1268062665487892483

A molotov cocktail in a plastic bottle lmao smdftb

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Gone already

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Suicide Watch posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1268359639105712128/photo/2
Army guy has SF/Ranger tabs, probably one of the guard groups. Tan helmets yo

That one dork has a USP Atwater patch which is California so that's a long trip just to be a fuckstick when he was clearly already doing that well enough at home

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Softface posted:

Left shoulder on the far right looks like it says CBI, which a quick google says could be California Bureau of Investigations (though it could also be many other things and depends on where this was taken).

They look so lovely even I'd correct them, which is quite an accomplishment.

CB1 JP1 JT1 AK1

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

I hadn't heard about this before, but it sounds like "2 cops on horseback in georgia rode down an unarmed black man(then a third hit him with a truck)"

is this more or less accurate?

There were no cops.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So how long do we figure until someone decides they've had enough of the bullshit, and opens up on the cops?
Cause it's gotta be getting close to it

This has literally happened like 3 or 4 times already.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I would think they're more like designated marksmen, folks who shoot well enough and are versed in optics, but not necessarily designated as a "sniper" in traditional, military extent.

But 2020 so who the gently caress knows.

This is the weirdest semantic argument and does nothing to explain why they have anyone who uses high powered long-range rifles.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Lots of "Christians" don't listen to what Christ had to say.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

joat mon posted:

No, the horse lost it and its rider couldn't control it.

I think Pook was referring to the video of like 10+ mounted police charging through the streets

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

SeaborneClink posted:

it was PYF and then fishmech copy pasted it to tumblr

A Ruddha classic

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Woofer posted:

I’m sure they would use live rounds and Joe Biden our kneecaps if they could so it doesn’t shock me that there either isn’t any rule against shooting LTL rounds at someone’s face or they just don’t give a poo poo.

It's this.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

a boiling hot summer might not cause tensions between the occupiers and the occupied to dry up like a raisin in the sun, but instead explode.

a protestor died today in Bakersfield after being run over by a white nationalist domestic abuser. now i know what you're thinking, but no, he was not a cop! he was just defended and released uncited by the cops. footage shows them all hanging out, having a smoke, while the protestor (yeah, a black guy, good guess) is still under the car crying for help. because they know that the driver was doing their work, and they hope to encourage other people to take the same matter into their hands.

stories like that, besides leaving me emotionally wrecked an hour at a time, also make me suspect people will keep having things to be angry about. unless all news outlets refuse to report on them AND tiktok gets shut down.

I'll have to watch that video again - I didn't see anyone still under the dudes vehicle. Wtaf.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

stealie72 posted:

A month ago, this would have made me worry, but unless the current zeitgeist changes dramatically in the next 5 months, some armed proud boy shitheels standing outside of minority polling places looking for "voter fraud" feels pretty firmly in "I wish a motherfucker would" territory.

Which is a sideshow compared to the GOP's actual "saying the quiet part out loud" voter suppression efforts anyway.

I firmly believe these motherfuckers will shoot people at at least one polling station because they won't accept someone's ID and there will be a scuffle that leads to shots fired.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

"attempted malicious wounding" gently caress you, he drove his car into a crowd of protesters that's attempted murder

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

https://decaturish.com/2020/06/presence-of-new-black-panther-party-members-at-decatur-protest-raises-questions-and-concerns/

They originally said they were the "new" Black Panthers, so people thought they were part of the "New Black Panther Party", but it was a misspeak. They're part of the Black Panther Revolutionaries Atlanta Chapter.

Edit: I'll also point out that 22LR will kill you just as dead as any other bullet.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 8, 2020

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Security Forces troops that deploy with AMC (Air Mobility Command) assets (cargo and refueling aircraft) when they’re going to land somewhere that has poor security. They secure and protect the AMC assets at less than absolutely secured places. We (The USAF) often fly these aircraft to places with little to no organic security. Think humanitarian airlift, a lot of times in MENA and South/Central America.

It's this. They're just cops who fly with the aircraft to provide security. That's it. They jerk themselves off because they're the only cops authorized to fly.

I don't imagine it's a good day to be in that little group of Ravens.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Seekhay posted:

This was a good read, more people should see it.

Yet again we see Dave Grossman's bullshit popping its lovely head up. Also the dude makes a good point in that Grossman's bullshit is how abusive relationships work.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

WHY THE gently caress IS THIS A THING

gently caress THESE PEOPLE

JESUS loving CHRIST gently caress IT ALL

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

People complain about the militarization of police. I think we need a bit more militarization of the police. Like the parts about ROE and continuum of force and subordination to civil authority.

I read a pretty decent article the other day about just that. Like the meme below your post says, they'd be subject to a form of UCMJ, etc. Not too bad an idea. Also it would kinda be hilarious to me if the redneck conspiracy theorists freaking out over Obama instituting a national police force instead got to see it put in place by a republican administration.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Get the gently caress out of here.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Force de Fappe posted:

Dees of Dees Illustration, Rip in piss. Bet none of you had that guy in your dead pool.

I don't know who that is.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Hekk posted:

I think the Black Panthers were anti zionist and not anti semitic. Although, I will admit I only have a cursory knowledge of their history and don't feel knowledgeable enough to make a counter argument.

What a weird way to split hairs, Comrade Hekk

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

What am I looking at aside from a screenshot of LivePD's Wikipedia entry that says "was" in the beginning but gives no indication that the show has been canceled?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270787974880526337

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270787978626052096

Your favorite good (great) President coming out in favor of the traitor name bases. Also, again with the weird capitalizations

Capitalization like that is a sign of dementia or something isn't it? The old folks I know who capitalize like that in social media are all barely intelligible anymore and one step away from being put in a home.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

As equally unintelligible as the Press Secretary's response here

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1270806701739040768?s=20

This loving shitbird thinks I give a poo poo if they rename the base I deployed from if I loving bite it in combat? Get hosed, lady.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

"Tennessee Patriot" waves a flag for traitors. I don't think he understands what the word "patriot" means.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Mustang posted:

Soldiers haven't been indoctrinated into a system that views it's own citizens as potential enemies.

Having literally just left the active duty in one of those BCTs I have a hard time seeing my former comrades rolling up I-5 in their strykers ready to put down protests.

Hell that autonomous zone is literally where a good chunk of those BCTs junior officers spend their weekends when the bars and clubs are open.

Protesters don't seem interested in messing with soldiers anyway.

Based on social media half of the military thinks that the radical left ANTIFA terrorists deserve to be put down so I'm not putting anything past them.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

The fascist responses to this are what worry me for the people operating the CHAZ.

"just bomb it"
"if the police don't take it back I will"
"send in the military because it's treason"
"antifa are mass murderers, Venezuelan communists, better kill them all"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Kesper North posted:

Seattle goon checking in. What I'm worried about is ICE and the extra powers they have within 100 miles of the border and the coastline. The Army signaled clearly that it wasn't getting involved but I'm still worried that elements like ICE would be able to cow resistance quickly if they switched to live ammunition.Then everyone would start shooting at everyone else and that's the end of my old neighborhood.

The history books for the next generation are going to be really interesting if they get it right - how an extant cultural and moral divide in this country was exponentially increased and exposed by the advent of social media to the point that a conspiracy theorist faux-rich mentally ill president used it to shove his way straight to civil war.

The CHAZ could stick around or fade away, but I have a feeling that if a real no poo poo Civil War happens, it will be the Flashpoint. And thanks for those capitals, autocorrect, I love looking like I have dementia.

Edit: forgot to mention Fox News. They need to be included as one of the big brainworm inducing agitators of modern times.

"Dave Rubin calls out cancel culture!" Yeah I'll bet Dave Rubin is a racist or a rapist or both.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 11, 2020