Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

9 shot, 5 hit by car in Charlotte

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/06/22/two-dead-hurt-after-shooting-block-party-north-charlotte/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Well I believe this Bubba Wallace incident is about to claim its first head

https://mobile.twitter.com/CassieFambro/status/1275206592158408704

https://twitter.com/MSTheGunslinger...ingawful.com%2F

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Iirc most of the 80s dad fiction that had characters like that cast them as the good guys

definitely the 90s dadlit did

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Yes, upon going to bed and waking up and seeing that the sun also rises, I might have hit the panic button too early.

It is hella telling that the forums collectively shat themselves, convinced that daddy Lowtax is going to get drunk and start slapping posters or entire threads with bans when he gets back from the police station. It is ingrained. It is classic abusive behavior.

Motherfucker killed FYAD and that was his baby, far moreso than his 3 flesh and blood actual babies that his previous spouses ran away with.

I mean, it's what's happened every other time

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Not even 3 months from "We're taking a van to kidnap the forum servers lol april fools" to "PLEASE GOD SOMEONE TAKE A VAN TO KIDNAP THE FORUM SERVERS"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

I am not going to watch this and neither should you, but if I just said "the woman who said lowtax abused her has posted a video saying he didn't and people who watch it are saying things like 'gently caress lowtax' and 'i work with abuse victims and this is textbook behavior they exhibit'" then i think someone would ask for a link.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216979542429786&id=1503357396

If anyone has the slightest hesitation to believe the worst, this will cure that.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

orange juche posted:

What'd you get your ban+30 for? Only note is basically "why in the hell would you think this is appropriate?" and everyone who quoted you got slapped hard too.

As I recall that AGDQ thread got a hell of a reputation, and not a positive one

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Godholio posted:

It's not even the AF, it's the actual guy in it (now a full bird colonel and a fighter wing commander). A couple of times per month he submits a copyright claim to get it pulled.

Viscount of Rothermere DGAF

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1862806/Commander-fired-Zeo-Kotnik-bizarre-video-15-years-ago.html

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

What's the significance of a progressive getting beaten by the Turtle instead of a centrist getting beaten?

The DNC did an insane full-court push for McGrath, my dead grandma was getting mailers begging for donations as late as monday. In SC.

It will be absolutely wonderful to see them eat poo poo.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

amazing how dems are suddenly capable of spending money and actually trying to campaign when the threat is from the left

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Who is Jeff of YOSPOS and how do you all think he will be as site owner? I really know nothing about his actual person or forums history.

He's the computer toucher who has been making this place actually function for years and has brought in some good changes. Also has been working directly with the awful app developers to add hooks on the backend to make it easier and more efficient when loading pages etc.

He's legitimately the only person that could have taken over without the database catching fire

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bored As gently caress posted:

Try 20. Our Industrial Control Systems in almost every single sector of critical infrastructure is vulnerable and much of it is unsecure. This includes our maritime ports, and gas lines/oil refineries.

That's still generous, there's a networked multimillion dollar machine at my facility running NT 3.5

Also if you know anything about coding watch this, and I dare you to go to sleep after.

https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/modbus_2020/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Xenoborg posted:

This or it’s regionally very different. Here in OKC maybe 20% of non-employees are wearing masks.

Here in SC last time I went to walmart every single employee had it pulled down under their chin.

I think it's time to suck it up and start making 4-hour round trips to Costco

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Is the dark realization is that all institutions, groups, and organizations are inherently corrupting by the nature of their mere existence, evil people will always be gravitationally drawn to the slightest crumb of exploitable power, and kicking and screaming and fighting as hard as you can your entire life to remove said people from power as they expose themselves will, at best, turn down the speed of the whack-a-mole game for a little while?

Because the alternative to endless sisyphean battle against jackasses is doing nothing

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

Is the dark realization is that all institutions, groups, and organizations are inherently corrupting by the nature of their mere existence, evil people will always be gravitationally drawn to the slightest crumb of exploitable power, and kicking and screaming and fighting as hard as you can your entire life to remove said people from power as they expose themselves will, at best, turn down the speed of the whack-a-mole game for a little while?

oh poo poo this what the crack-ping meme is really about

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It’s so aggravating that we’ve basically said “LOL gently caress it, Corona is over if you want it and it’s TIME TO PLAY!” Despite that we’re back up to April levels of daily infections. The world will be right to treat us like a diseased backwater failing state because that’s what we are now.

In the before-fore times, I used to travel for work. Two week trips, one country in a week. Now that many countries are going to be mandating two week quarantines for travelers from countries with high community spread (like us), if I were to do the same trip, it’d likely take six weeks with the quarantines on either end. There’s no loving way I would commit to being away for six weeks, with a month of that in isolation.

SC is at 15x april rates and the governor just said he won't make a mask mandate because they don't work, yesterday :shepicide:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

there are libs to be owned

The real answer is that he's been in in the mix of the Portland protests, so he's going to be their guy to prove that Antifa is a thing everywhere. Also, said Republicans are in an echo chamber and don't realize that someone on the Democratic side will ask SO MR NGO, CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT ATOMWAFFEN

AOC, Tlaib, Pressley and Khanna are all on that committe so I strongly encourage all of you to call their offices and remind their staff to ask this question.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

I will drink every time I see a muzzle sweep in this video.

https://twitter.com/xshularx/status/1277398234055483393

I thnink the'll ge menanicning chargss

ahahahahahahaha they're both personal injury lawyers

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

chapo reddit was horrible and even the show's hosts are glad to see it go so they can stop having to disavow it.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/sta...ingawful.com%2F

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is that really how the law around gated communities works? Once you're inside the gates, any schmuck who lives there can treat the entire neighborhood as their backyard and order you to leave under threat of force? That doesn't sound right.

That is the entire point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

What exactly do you think makes someone a "real Democrat?"

idk about delaware but in SC party membership is automatically and definitionally conferred on everyone who picks the D ballot on presidential primary day