Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if rockstar spud got legitimately fired and came up w/ his idea to get rehired himself he is definitely a champion and i commend his grift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Being back in wwe should be considered a punishment, not a prize

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Open Marriage Night posted:

Why am I not excited about AJ/Bryan?

Because they already did that match at last year's Rumble and it was the most boring goddamn thing?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
AJ doesn't really have blow away PPV matches anymore.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

Because they already did that match at last year's Rumble and it was the most boring goddamn thing?

The only thing I remember about that was AJ Styles going on Steven Crowder’s show a week beforehand.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Wait I'm confused. Rockstar Spud, the joke loser wrestler in TNA, is now an NXT champion? Wha?

No, he's now a loser joke wrestler in NXT.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

It's the WWE, why would he put in the effort when it's not needed

bartok
May 10, 2006

Benne posted:

I think Cena and Jinder are the only workers capable of getting a good match out of AJ.

edit - I forgot about Reigns too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Andrast posted:

It's the WWE, why would he put in the effort when it's not needed

Daniel Bryan does and it's legit baffling. He puts more effort into his stuff than the actual company. He's so good and he basically makes Smackdown watchable, such is his talent

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Incessant Excess posted:

Seth vs AJ might be the best 2nd WWE match last year. Yeah I know, high bar

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DCisChillin/status/1269181334322208773?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Watching Doctor Sleep at the moment. I'm really enjoying it. It feels like what 2049 was to the original Blade Runner, like a continuation and examination of the themes.
Really really good so far.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Wish this wasn’t just a Facebook meme account.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stone Cold says I just beat my wife!!!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If that wasn't in all caps and had some hashtags in it I mighta believed it was real.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Before I realized that was a meme I expected "Stone Cold's thoughts on the Confederate Flag" to go the exact opposite way.

This almost makes me wish I had watched Smackdown.

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown Results 6/5:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Jeff Hardy opened the show to reveal to the shock of nobody that Sheamus set him up to look like he did a drunken hit-and-run on Elias last week. Sheamus showed up, said Jeff was making excuses, then beat the poo poo out of him.
  • Otis defeated Baron Corbin by disqualification when Corbin attacked him with a chair. The heel Corbin was despicably mad about the face Otis heroically stealing Corbin's crown backstage earlier.
  • Miz and Morrison were surveilling Braun arriving at the PC with security cameras that rendered the camera crew also filming Braun invisible. They had shaken up a bottle of sparkling water that spilled all over Braun's hands.
  • Mojo Rawley, Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro beat up Chad Gable backstage until New Day came to his rescue.
  • Lacey Evans defeated Sonya Deville in a singles match when Mandy Rose appeared on the Titantron to call Sonya - who has beaten Mandy clean every time they fought - a loser.
  • Miz and Morrison accidentally poured slime on the backstage interviewer instead of Braun Strowman.
  • AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan met in the ring to discuss their Intercontinental Title match next week. AJ Styles offered Drew Gulak a handout... of an asskicking.
  • Drew Gulak defeated AJ Styles in a singles match.
  • Miz and Morrison smashed up the windshield of Braun's car with a golf club and baseball bat. This was explicitly shown to be recorded on security camera. Later it was shown at least two security guards watched them do it from a few feet away.
  • The New Day & Chad Gable defeated Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro and Mojo Rawley in a six-man tag.
  • Braun flipped the van Miz and Morrison were in.
  • Bayley and Sasha Banks defeated Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross (C) to become the new Women's Tag Team Champions.
  • Bayley and Sasha, the heels, won clean via good team work.
  • GDT Discussion here.

This changes my mind.

Wait, they did ACTUALLY invisible camera men?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah but only a pedant would care

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't really think that word applies, but I don't watch WWE so its little more than an amusing absurdity to me.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Getting annoyed by WWE's bizarre refusal to acknowledge the existence of camera guys in backstage segments is not pedantry. It's a small thing in the grand scheme of everything else terrible and stupid and illogical and broken about their product, but it's so easy to notice and be like "what the gently caress where did the guy with the camera filming him go?" when you could just not shoot it like that and avoid the issue altogether.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

STAC Goat posted:

Before I realized that was a meme I expected "Stone Cold's thoughts on the Confederate Flag" to go the exact opposite way.

This almost makes me wish I had watched Smackdown.

This changes my mind.

I saw a clip online of Bayley grabbing both belts from over the rail and dragging them on the floor walking backwards going "OH MY GOD IT'S SO HEAVY I GOT SO MUCH GOLD"

There's flashes of character and personality, of neat things that bubble up from time to time, and it's a bummer that WWE wrestlers don't get the space to roll with it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Teddybear posted:

I saw a clip online of Bayley grabbing both belts from over the rail and dragging them on the floor walking backwards going "OH MY GOD IT'S SO HEAVY I GOT SO MUCH GOLD"

There's flashes of character and personality, of neat things that bubble up from time to time, and it's a bummer that WWE wrestlers don't get the space to roll with it.
Yeah, I haven't seen a ton of Bayley since she turned heel but every time I have she's just seemed so boring and lifeless. Obviously that seemed by design for her to be the cold counter of her warm face character, but it just felt like another shade of the WWE "heel puts on a suit and cuts long promos" thing. What she's doing in that clip is way more fun. She's still a heel and obnoxious but she's clearly enjoying herself so like its fun to watch.

TriffTshngo posted:

Getting annoyed by WWE's bizarre refusal to acknowledge the existence of camera guys in backstage segments is not pedantry. It's a small thing in the grand scheme of everything else terrible and stupid and illogical and broken about their product, but it's so easy to notice and be like "what the gently caress where did the guy with the camera filming him go?" when you could just not shoot it like that and avoid the issue altogether.

To be clear, the way I read that recap was that they actually filmed Braun from the normal camera man angles, and then got rid of the camera men to film him from the security camera without acknowledging the camera men existed. And like... that's hilarious because its so stupid. If I was a viewer I'd probably be annoyed that they were insulting my intelligence unless there was some broader joke to it or something, but I don't watch in part BECAUSE I know its that stupid of a show. So instead I'm just observing and laughing at how dumb it is.

But yeah, that's not "pedantry". That's reacting to the actual creative decisions of the program you're watching. You could claim that noticing where the camera men are is so minor as to be "pedantic" but it was significant enough for WWE to film the same scenes twice to eliminate them, which in turn draws attention to it. WWE and its fans have just made it so that criticizing any element of the show is "pedantic" or "whiney" or whatever. Because they are beyond reproach.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 6, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Teddybear posted:

Helps alot if they're heel. When someone turns heel its like "oh jesus christ FINALLY they can do something"

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Becky has new hair

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBHETUdhsZ7/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bayley has really taken advantage of the empty arena stuff as well to just constantly be talking trash to her opponent or at Michael Cole or just to rave to herself about how great she is, and it's been great.

She's been a shining light in the poo poo-storm.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

#BLACKPOWERCLEANS

I cant read the other cringey hastag but it looks like #BIGFLOYDWOD

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Bailey was never bad (neither was Sasha) free them!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Early heel turn Bayley was definitely bad

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jerusalem posted:

Bayley has really taken advantage of the empty arena stuff as well to just constantly be talking trash to her opponent or at Michael Cole or just to rave to herself about how great she is, and it's been great.

She's been a shining light in the poo poo-storm.

The only part of that match I saw was Michael Cole being a moron and complaining about why Bayley saved her team from being disqualified over and over again. How can someone be a lead announcer for nearly two decades and still not grasp the rules?

Also the YouTube version cuts out Bayley saying her belts are too heavy and it's a real shame.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

. How can someone be a lead announcer for nearly two decades and still not grasp the rules

I mean in fairness they change minute by minute

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Something that really stands out about that is that they micromanage so loving much of their shows, so how the gently caress Cole and Graves ended up on opposite sides of the explanation is even more bizarre.

They actually, God bless 'em, tried to create a little substory where the last few weeks tag partners refusing to get out of the ring and still fighting when no longer legal resulted in a DQ (dumb as that is), and Bayley was aware of this and pushed Sasha out of the ring to keep the match going. Like... this wasn't improv-ed by Bayley, it was the story of the match and there's no way Cole should have been unaware of that or at least had Vince screaming lines into his ear telling him how to react. So the fact he suddenly lost his mind and was screaming that Bayley was an egomaniac and Sasha had been about to win make no goddamn sense at all. Especially with the heel color commentator literally having to tell the story for him.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i just believe they don't care enough about the words coming out of their mouths to make the effort of consistency

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The blind tag even came before Sasha hit any move, and it wasn't like she was gearing up for a finisher and Bayley wanted to steal the glory. It was a smart time for a blind tag.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Road Dogg posted:

Adam Cole is the most professional, most talented, he just gets every aspect of it. He can cut a promo. He’s one of the guys where you go, ‘I need you to do a minute,’ and that’s all you say to him. And he gives you a minute of hiccupless verbiage that just makes you go, ‘Okay, that was perfect. Thank you.’ Every single time. That’s Adam Cole in a nutshell. He’s also a great worker, he has a great psychology. Man, if he was Karrion Kross’ size, he would be the Universal champion right now. And if he wasn’t, I’d be wondering why...he’s a dream superstar.

I don’t know what Road Dogg is on about here. 6’4 isn’t THAT much larger than 6’0.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I don’t know what Road Dogg is on about here. 6’4 isn’t THAT much larger than 6’0.

ogligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I wonder how many views have come from this forum alone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I mean, Cole is really loving good and would be a better choice for Universal Champion than a lot of other guys on the roster, and the fact somebody in a relatively high level of authority like Road Dogg is pondering what could be if he was just a little taller is a pretty sad indictment of WWE (among many other sad indictments).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A pleasure to make your acquaintance mr McMahon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Vince: We have our new Universal Champion! ......is what I'd be saying to you if I hadn't just spotted Riddick Moss wandering down the hallway.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

oldpainless posted:

20 years later and I'm just now noticing how much more spiked Bart's hair is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oldpainless posted:

I see where Zelina gets her shoes from.