Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Charlie owns and Undertaker sucks, so good dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shawn Michaels....welcome to the resistance?!

Seriously, good for him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Whoever bet Bischoff and Heyman wouldn't last one year in their roles go collect your winnings.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

Whoever bet Bischoff and Heyman wouldn't last one year in their roles go collect your winnings.

"How much did you bet?"
"1 million dollars."
"Congratulations, here is your 1 cent profit."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

Okay, I don't wanna cast aspersions or doubts on HBK, I really don't. I really wanna believe this is true.

But does anybody else think the story about him explaining systemic racism to some NXT producer (and then everybody in the room stood up and applauded) is, uh, a bit convenient?

It's absolutely fake, which is why Sapp reported it to ease tensions during this tough time when everyone's more focused on racist talent like Jaxson and Styles

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yep

PWInsider posted:

The decision, obviously, was a Vince McMahon call. One source noted that Vince McMahon had been "very upset" and openly "frustrated" with Monday Night Raw of late. That series has taken the hardest hit in terms of viewership during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is WWE still not even acknowledging the pandemic on-air?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is WWE still not even acknowledging the pandemic on-air?

Hell, most people are pretending its over now. So they're mainstream now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think they only acknowledged it once they realized they could make money off it and started selling branded masks

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Remember when Vince said he saw that fans wanted something different and he was gonna step back and give them what they want?

lol.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Interesting thread on the state of the network and specifically Steph's recent claim that it was "hugely profitable":

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1271240660574711809.html?refreshed=yes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

It's absolutely fake, which is why Sapp reported it to ease tensions during this tough time when everyone's more focused on racist talent like Jaxson and Styles

If it was fake, it would be HHH they said do that. Yeah there's probably some fluff, but I don't think it's fake.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why can't the solution to make more money just be to make better content.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

STAC Goat posted:

Hell, most people are pretending its over now. So they're mainstream now.

My friend's sister is in the hospital right now because she went to night clubs cause "covid is over". But yeah WWE has acknowledged covid-19 at least one time, I think michael cole brought up some charity related to it.

Since noone is allowed to run a televised wrestling show except the same 5 or so people for the last 30 years, I'm wondering when Russo gets hired back to WWE and AEW picks up Hogan + Bischoff.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Astro7x posted:

Why can't the solution to make more money just be to make better content.

Vince thinks that's what he's doing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I didn't know NXT was doing a Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior WCW thing with Roderick and Dexter. Apparently Roderick can see Dexter Lumis in the crowd and we can as viewers but the rest of TUE can't. Who woulda thunk WWE would be the WCW of the Wednesday night wars.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

I didn't know NXT was doing a Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior WCW thing with Roderick and Dexter. Apparently Roderick can see Dexter Lumis in the crowd and we can as viewers but the rest of TUE can't. Who woulda thunk WWE would be the WCW of the Wednesday night wars.

Nah, he hid when Strong tried to point him out. They're not going that crazy with it.

Yet.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1271335817290506240

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Covid’s over?

drat right it’s over.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
More like Covid Nein teen.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:stonk:

https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/1271374181742120965

quote:

WWE's mainstream 'household name' status shows us that everyone likes to bring it RAW from time to time...

So why CAN'T you be sharp AND bring the SMACKDOWN?
Well now you CAN with our WWE Dress Shirt Collection!

Whether you're VIP at Wrestlemania, or want to be smooth and fun at your office Xmas party...

:stonk:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I want to be smooth and fun at my office x-mas party :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandman McMahon posted:

I want to be smooth and fun at my office x-mas party :(

Then don't wear one of those shirts

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

So you’re saying at the party I must remove my Ultimate Warrior dress shirt, and THEN my co-workers will think I’m smooth and fun. Got it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Asuka is too powerful, none of us can stop her now. I mean, none of us want to.... but we couldn't even if we did.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Finally I can attend the HOF in style.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hey, remember those shirts that would be kind of cool if they didn't have a stupid logo on them? Here are a bunch of shirts with just those logos, all over!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

oh poo poo definitely gotta have a dress shirt covered in a racist homophobe’s symbols

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

extradite THIS! posted:

oh poo poo definitely gotta have a dress shirt covered in a racist homophobe’s symbols

Okay, but whose shirt are you gonna buy?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

i like hugo boss too

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I thought those were pajamas. That'd be okay pajamas.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

I thought those were pajamas. That'd be okay pajamas.
literally same and i would wear the bret hart pjs tbh

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Road Dogg did like the tweet though, so it doesn't seem entirely baseless.

The idea of Shawn pulling him aside to explain racism though is pretty amusing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You too can dress like Dolph Ziggler

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

You too can dress like Dolph Ziggler

I'd rather dress like Otis

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i like the hitman one

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

He didn’t get caught on tape so he’s fine

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

uh excuse me if any of you clicked the link you would have seen this boss warhol sting shirt im curently wearing

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

If it was fake, it would be HHH they said do that. Yeah there's probably some fluff, but I don't think it's fake.

I've seen remarks that the unnamed producer is almost certainly Michael Hayes, and thinking of it like that makes me think it sounds more real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
You can wear those shirts in the boardroom or the discotheque