Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

D.N. Nation posted:

– the match was excellent, of course
– the crowd was crazy into it
but
– this did not main event the PPV

wwe.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Critical posted:

don't you take bossman away from me you son of a bitch

i'm having trouble coming up with a way to reference him being friends with akeem without it coming across as an incredibly tasteless joke but it's not happening. i just thought i'd let you know.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

blunt posted:

Man afraid to jump off a small platform onto a sea of people waiting to catch him wanted to have "one big crazy WWE match"

Considering WWE trains people not to catch anybody anymore I don't blame him.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

:captainpop:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

He's right, the people agitating these protests should stop. I assume there are cops behind the camera? Otherwise why would he be directing it that way?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

So quick description, Drake and Fantasma have a match that actually woulda been a good rear end final match for Drake.... until the parking lot ninjadores showed up IN the building and pretended to kidnap Fantasma. Drake saves him, gets superkicked and falcon arrowed by Fantasma for the loss. He's in the ring crying and slobbering then NXT jesus himself, The Game shows up. He unvealed a folder with a contract with a giant NXT logo on top and the crying, weeping, simpering Drake is overwhelmed with gratitude as he signs it and the crowd cheers NXT NXT NXT uproarously.

Congrats on your pay cut Drake.

please end nxt

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

The raw emotion, they should fire this guy every year, its good tv

gotta make sure that branding is on screen 4 times minimum at all times

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

The angle with Spud is not as disgusting as firing a bunch of people during a pandemic while they're making a massive profit.

It's certainly carnier, though.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah but only a pedant would care

Getting annoyed by WWE's bizarre refusal to acknowledge the existence of camera guys in backstage segments is not pedantry. It's a small thing in the grand scheme of everything else terrible and stupid and illogical and broken about their product, but it's so easy to notice and be like "what the gently caress where did the guy with the camera filming him go?" when you could just not shoot it like that and avoid the issue altogether.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Benne posted:

Just saw the results and lmao

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1269801393411457024

96 Shawn Michaels couldn't have drawn it up better

It's impressive how WWE goes to such absurd lengths to "protect" specific people and it literally never works because it's so transparent and obvious that it just makes everybody hate them instead.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Psychepath posted:

From Post Wrestling:
**Edge (Adam Copeland) spoke with Arda Ocal of ESPN about this Sunday’s Backlash match with Randy Orton and the marketing of it as ‘The Greatest Match Ever’. Edge was very frank about his reaction to the tagline and citing Vince McMahon’s promotional decision to build up the match:

In the interview, he stated the match would not be a choreographed dance with lots of flips but focus on selling and said it may be “a bit of a learning curve” for the audience.

did...................... did he think people thought an edge vs randy orton match in 2020 would involve flips? has either of them ever once done a flip in a match? besides orton spending his entire career flipping the bird at fans by being so boring?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Hirez posted:

Did Edge/Christian feud? never watched during that era and don't remember ever seeing clips of the 2 of em brawling but maybe they were just uneventful

They feuded after Edge won KotR in 2001, Christian spent a few months being jealous, and they broke up. It was not as good as it should have been.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

subconscious is better anyway

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Results 6/8:
  • Charlotte

gently caress off

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair there might have been a lot of repetition, but the Takeovers were always great and the title matches were usually great too.

None of which excuses the fact that there should have been another Women's Main Event getting top billing in that mix (and probably more than one), but it was easy to overlook stuff like that when Takeovers were producing incredible shows that everybody loved.

The women's title was, for about a year and a half, placed directly after the tag titles on the card, and would almost always wind up being a cooldown after the crowd got super into the tag match and needed a breather. Did Papa Paul plan it this way? Who can really say for sure?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Hirez posted:

e: Backlash card looks dire

Half of this card looks like it was plucked straight out of 2009

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

I mean call me crazy but i'm actually a big fan of wrestlers.....wrestling.

It's not like the tag division is exactly bloated.

It was a fun angle when it was MVP heelishly trying to distract Matt Hardy from challenging for his US title in 2007 but it sounds like War Machine and the Street Profits have no actual reason to be doing this and are literally just filling time by filming fun vignettes.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

As someone that had been not in the loop on the indie scene I think the reason I tapped out on the Balor reign is because he was the first NXT champion that I knew didn't need to be in developmental yet they kept him there for what felt like ages as champion. I wanted to see guys that, to my level of exposure, were more green on the big stage run with the belt and show what they had. Like, why is a pushing 40 Bobby Roode puttering around as champion in NXT? An aging Samoa Joe? Ciampa? Adam Cole? All those guys should be skipping the line to the main roster. How absurd would it have been to have AJ Styles go through a mandatory year in NXT?

I think for a spell the logic was they wanted to bring in these seasoned indie/international talents to simultaneously prep them for WWE main roster filming style (aka "gotta learn to work the hard cam, kid"), while letting them work with the Performance Center recruits to help those guys advance as wrestlers. Then they kept signing more and more of them, and suddenly most of the roster on the actual show is people who've been wrestling for a decade or more elsewhere, because the PC kids either quit/got fired or were just stuck in developmental limbo for years as Papa Paul rotated his ever increasing batch of signings through his vanity federation and the ones that were actually there as developmental talent got squeezed off the show.

TriffTshngo fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 10, 2020

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Rarity posted:

I'm guessing Priest was meant to land dead on and they screwed up the placement of the stairs cause otherwise that's just yikes

It's almost impressive how much worse everybody in NXT has gotten at poo poo like this in the last year. It seems like literally every week there's a clip of someone loving up a landing on some high spot or being out of place to catch people or something.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

fun fact: today marks the first time since new day broke demolition's record that any team has held the raw tag titles for 100 days. the champions are the street profits. i was not actually aware of that.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Red posted:

Since Vince bought the company, a lot of great workers have come to the WWF/E. Without putting together a list, I'm certain neither Orton nor Edge crack the top 50.

When I read this I missed that first bit and thought "Oh I dunno I bet if Orton were like, having the time of his life working with one of the younger guys and weren't constantly worried his shoulders would pop out he would probably be in the mid-30s" but then I realized you meant in the entire time Vince has run the company and not just on the current roster.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Paper Lion posted:

the rumour is that it was hayes but idk what hed be doing at nxt.

being racist, i assume

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

While I like the idea of a powerhouse faction at the top of the card being targeted by multiple different people all at once and having to stave off like 6 different threats, this sounds like it was a messy, poorly thought out clusterfuck. At least when TUE all had belts it made sense when this kind of thing would happen.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Rarity posted:

You can't say that, it's not respectful to people who are anti-antiracists

decorum, people.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Hopkins FBI posted:

Does anyone in WWE know that you don't have to keep Latinx people around each other at all times?

Shouts out to the pre-New Day period where Kofi and R-Truth were a tag team because............. they were such good friends? Definitely no other reason than that.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Hirez posted:

I can't believe the WWE has writers???

they have like 40 of them

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

how the gently caress did it take this subforum 3 months to think of this

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Why can't the solution to make more money just be to make better content.

Vince thinks that's what he's doing.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Tato posted:

The ropes are soaked with deadly piss!!!

this one got me, thank you for this post

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Hehehehehe ...

It's being reported that the US title match is being moved to the kickoff show

who the gently caress is even the champion

like i know andrade lost it but i have zero idea who to. that person may have already lost it themselves by now.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Apollo Crews

God. He's been in WWE for 5 years and this is literally the first thing of note he's done. What a poo poo company. Wait I take that back, he won a battle royal once like a year and a half ago that amounted to nothing. Why I remember that I don't know.

How very Edge of him.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

then it turns out the PC parking lot has a SECOND group of ninjas hanging out in it.

when you guys were talking about parking lot ninjas for the last 3 months i assumed you meant the ones that fantasma was leading. are you loving serious.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

please someone or something cause this company to go out of business

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

please every wrestler working for wwe just walk out all at once, please stop letting vince fuckhead mcmahon and kevin rat poo poo dunn dictate whether your literal lives are casually at risk or not for the sake of their lovely loving tv show looking how they want it to look and because they don't care about your safety one single ounce

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Pylons posted:

At least one of them thinks it's a "work".

probably flat earther homophobe racist AJ Styles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 6/17:
  • Santos Escobar came to the ring with Raoul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde and did a promo about leaving the name El Hijo del Fantasma behind. Drake Maverick attacked him and Escobar, Mendoza and Wilde beat his rear end till he had to be stretchered out.

only heels have friends, only heels have brains