Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Incessant Excess posted:

Confident this will be the greatest discussion thread ever.

I dunno, July 2017 is going to be hard to beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can't wait to watch Raw tonight and see what ill-judged segment they have regarding police

It already aired on Smackdown

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stanfield posted:

I think Ricochet's only on Main Event now.

loving lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CopywrightMMXI posted:

https://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2020/06-01-2020-140037687

There’s a free version of the network again, no credit card required.

2mil subscribers any day now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Smacking Talk was better :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blaise330 posted:

did that 3rd southpaw ever come out?

I assume they had to pull it after they fired half of the wrestlers involved

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STAC Goat posted:

I wanna hear how Lacey Evans feels.

https://twitter.com/LaceyEvansWWE/status/1267071021661765634

Huh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good on Gronk for scamming Vince out of a whole bunch of cash

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dave thinks William Regal should lead America? :confused:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Breaking News: Trump has declared the Lucha House Party a terrorist organisation

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

She'll probably just be Ruby from now on knowing this company

They'll double down and turn her into a fully antifa-style heel so that Lacey Evans can beat her every week for 3 months

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatansOnion posted:

I’m struggling with some very weird feelings right now, ngl. it’s like my general contempt for Randy Orton and Lacey Evans and Seth Rollins has somehow...abated slightly?! I dunno how to handle this, folks, I need an adult :ohdear:

If it helps I checked Baron Corbin's twitter and he's been completely silent on the issue

KungFu Grip posted:

Rhea's in a relationship with a POC so I think she knows what the deal is with racism. specially when people call her slurs for dating a black man whenever they post pics together

You'd think she'd know better than to throw slurs at other minorities in that case

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's the first positive sign I've seen from Rhea. Awesome, hope she keeps it up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

thank u brand

I just loving love braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaands

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
CM Punk spoke about the riots on WWE Backstage (yes it's still a thing)

CM Punk posted:

Well, I think people people talk about the need to have a conversation. And you know, I’m a white guy. I’m not here to pretend to understand how black people feel, and I don’t think it’s my place to tell them how they need to react. This country has a problem, that much I know. I’m here to tell the white people: you need to listen to your black brothers and sisters, and you need to understand where they are coming from. It’s hard to try to walk in somebody’s shoes or try to understand where they come from, but this country — there’s almost two Americas. You know, when I get pulled over, I’m nervous that I’m going to get a ticket. I don’t want to live somewhere where, Mark, if your son gets pulled over, he’s worried he’s going to get murdered. So I’m just here to tell white people, you probably need to shut up more, and you certainly need to listen more. There is a problem, and the paradox is the only way to deal with intolerance is with intolerance. If you are a white person, you more than likely are privileged. Use that privilege and support your black brothers and sisters, especially now because we need it.

We live in a time where hatred is stoked at the highest level, and I don’t like things I see. I do what I can to stop it, and I think I’m hopefully using my voice for good, but fascism and racism cannot win, and if you’re struggling to try to come up with a way that you can help, the easiest way to help is combat that intolerance with intolerance. There’s no room for it. How I relate that all to myself — even though none of this is truly about me — is that the first tattoo that I ever saw in my life was a number on my grandfather’s arm. And he rode a horseback towards Nazi Panzer tanks. And now it’s 2020, and we live in a world where a President says that Nazis are very fine people. You can’t walk that back, and you can’t tell me that you meant something different. If you’re white, use your voice, protect your black brothers and sisters, and protect the people who this country was not built for. They might say it was, but everybody has a different experience. And just listen more.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Down Right Fierce posted:

Air Boom's new theme bothers me because I can no longer sing along to

He's so dark!
Can't see him comin!
He's so dark!
But you can see 'im smilin'!

:yikes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Alvarez is reporting WWE is offering to rehire some of the released wrestlers... at a fraction of their previous deals. They are also lowballing on extensions.

Now does this count as the same entry as the releases for NY64 COVID-19 edition or is it its own separate thing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Titus works for WWE, this is to be expected

MassRafTer posted:

I believe the COVID-19 entries would be:

Nothing for refusing to cancel Wrestlemania or treatment of NXT trainees as crowd stand-ins?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Spud deserves better

Godammit :xd:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The first month of your WWE Network sub is no longer free

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

No, surely the bigot will have learnt their lesson this time

*3 months of terrible posts later*

Ah, but alas

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Meltzer confirmed that Jordan Devlin's been stripped of the Cruiserweight title

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It wasn't even the second one I was thinking of!

It wasn't even the third one I was thinking of!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm not going to tell anyone where to get illegal streams because it's 2020 and they're really not hard to find on your own :colbert:

Not that should ever do that, obviously.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dell_Zincht posted:

I would like my fellow posters to know that I do not financially support WWE's product but do appreciate the work of certain wrestlers.

ASEAB :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As a (incoherent mumbling) member of the WWE Universe I think

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cancel your WWE subs and donate $9.99 to American bail funds instead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How the hell did Hardy/Orton last all the way from Backlash in May to Hell in a Cell in September? :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Incessant Excess posted:

SmackDown Preview : Quick Hits
Jeff Hardy set to share his side of the story after last week’s accident

I hope this storyline ends with

but it's two Sheamuses.

I hope it's this but they hire Erick Rowan back to be Sheamus's body double

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol if they're big summer program plan was 3MB COLLIDES!

That was such a great storyline when Rowan tried to murder nobody

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm going to go to bed instead of watching Smackdown

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sasha and Bayley are some hardcore friendship goals :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Why wouldn’t you have this women’s tag title match at your PPV next week instead of a random ep of SD :thunk:

They wanted to put it on the important show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Uncle Paul did an interview about Charlotte's NXT title win on talkSPORT

Triple H posted:

For me, I’ve been thrilled with this whole thing and I think this speaks to Charlotte as a performer. And I know sometimes she’s bashed because of her dad and her name and everything else. No matter what she does sometimes, it’s criticized. But to me, it just speaks to her as a performer that she would want to do this. That she would work across all the brands if she could, that she would want to carry that torch when it was put in front of her and to do this.

The long term on this is to build up other talent and as spectacular as a moment as Rhea Ripley had and then going into WrestleMania, I wish they could have had that in the stadium. I wish they could have had that in front of fans… For Rhea to have that moment and to have it with Charlotte in that stadium would have been a making moment for her.

For me, that loss almost helps her as a character get to where she needs to be for the longterm arc of who she is. You know, the burnout factor in stuff is quick and intense with short attention spans and everything else, so, to me, this is phenomenal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember that time when a former Cruiserweight champion beat a former WWE World champion?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rockstar Spud is not a champion

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

She’s called Felicia Rose and all her socials are extremely nws

Please don't doxx me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember a few days ago where Trips said Rhea jobbing to Charlotte was a really big point in her story because it played such an important part in her journey to jobbing to Io

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blaise330 posted:

Long term booking, Rhea is winning the royal rumble.

On the Day of the Rumble:

Vince: Change of plan, Rhea's a loser who's been losing for months so we're giving it to Nia Jax. She's money!